CDZ Two options...the European model of self defense, and the American model of Self defensse.

In Britain and the rest of Europe, their citizens have no Right to protect themselves from violent attack...and the best tool for self defense, guns....has been taken away from most of them, in particular the low income groups.

In the U.S. in most places Americans can opt to use guns for at a minimum home defense, and in a vast majority of the country over 19.4 million Americans can legally carry guns for self defense.

In Britain, in particular.....rapes, brutal beatings, brutal knifings (that result in death or life changing injuries), robberies and murder, essentially have to be endured......and almost any attempt at self defense can land the actual victim in jail and prison.

In the U.S.......Americans can use their legal guns...which they do 1.1 million times a year, to stop rapes, brutal beatings, knifings, robberies and murder.

In our country we had 10,235 gun murders.....of those murders over 70-80% of the victims were criminals murdered by other criminals...they were not normal citizens. Of the rest of the victims, the vast majority are the friends, family and associates of the criminals hit by mistake as the actual criminal was the target.

Guns, again, are used in the U.S. 1.1 million times a year to save lives...from rape, robbery, beatings, knifings and murder.........over 170,000 lives saved by some research..........not to include the crimes stopped that also saved lives....

In the U.K.......victims of crime are majority innocent people......who are preyed upon by the British criminals...

Which model do you prefer?

We kill lots of people. They don't kill nearly as many. We should do what they are doing.
View attachment 496928
Demographics explain that, not guns. The whitest countries tend to have the lowest violent crime in general, as do countries like Japan and South Korea.

Take away the legal guns, and you'll still have plenty of knifings and gang violence here. And since most criminals already can get guns illegally, there will still be plenty of shootings.
Are Americans just inherently more violent and murderous than the rest of the world?

No......we just have criminals who commit crimes, get caught, and then the democrat party politicians, judges and prosecutors let them go.......for now, Britain doesn't do that...but their left wing is trying hard to let their violent criminals go too...

Our violent crime is committed by a tiny, tiny number of people in our democrat party controlled cities...if they would stop releasing them, our crime rate in democrat party cities would be amazingly low...like the rest of America....

In places not controlled by the democrat party, our gun crime rates are as tiny or smaller than in Europe.
So are gun crimes limited to within the criminal community, like you said or not?

Completely limited, no...since criminals actually can drive cars, and our wonderful government moves the families of gang members out to the suburbs....

The majority of our criminals shootings occur in tiny areas of democrat party controlled cities, committed by a tiny number of criminals. The problem happens when the democrat party prosecutors drop gun charges, and when judges grant bail, and light sentences for even the most violent, repeat gun offenders....

The United States can really be divided up into three types of places. Places where there are no murders, places where there are a few murders, and places where murders are very common.

In 2014, the most recent year that a county-level breakdown is available, 54% of counties (with 11% of the population) have no murders. 69% of counties have no more than one murder, and about 20% of the population. These counties account for only 4% of all murders in the country.

The worst 1% of counties have 19% of the population and 37% of the murders. The worst 2% of counties contain 28% of the population and 51% of the murders. The worst 5% of counties contain 47% of the population and account for 68% of murders. But even within those counties the murders are very heavily concentrated in small areas.

And....from the Washington Post....please tell us how "WAshington Post," spells NRA....

As the below charts show, Democratic areas (measured by the party that controls the congressional district) are far more likely to experience almost all forms of malicious gun violence than Republican areas. These charts exclude suicides, for which data are not available on a congressional district basis, so it only breaks down the fraction of gun violence that is accidental or confrontational.
--------

A distinct pattern emerged: In Democratic regions of the country, which tend to be cities, people are more likely to be murdered with a gun than they are to shoot themselves to death.

In regions of the country won by Republicans, which tend to be rural areas and small towns, the opposite is true — people are more likely to shoot themselves to death than they are to be murdered with a gun.
----
In the most Democratic regions, gun violence is more often committed against another, crimes that probably generate more news coverage and fear. In the most Republican areas, it is more often committed against oneself, suicides that may not attract as much attention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...prising-way-gun-violence-is-dividing-america/
You are talking in circles, and all your silly cut and paste is annoying. Try again later after your head cools off.

So...we have reached the point where you have no answer..........I have the facts, the truth and reality...you can't answer my questions, and you can't deny the facts.........

What does the woman do when the guy who brutally beat her and pulled out two of her teeth gets out of British prison in 4 years?

What does the young woman who was gang raped in the Manchester park do about keeping it from happening again? You know, since Sadiq Khan, mayor of london also said that London is not safe for women or girls...what do they do?
Answer this question directly, without any tap dancing or diversion, and I will consider continuing. You claim that if you don't associate with crooks, you don't have to worry about gun crime. Are all, or even most of the NRA gun nuts who are armed 24/7 associates of criminals, or criminals themselves? Yes or no.

I don't tap dance or divert....you can't answer my questions and you can't answer the facts, truth or reality of my information.

No, they are not.....NRA members are law abiding people. Do some have criminals in the family, sure....but they don't have criminals as family members as a majority of the population of NRA members. The areas in democrat party controlled cities where almost all of our gun crime takes place have generational poverty as a result of fatherless homes.....it creates generations of fatherless boys who turn to drugs, gangs and crime to find meaning and power........
So according to you, they have no need to fear gun violence. That makes them nutbags that don't need to carry a gun, but do it anyway. Right?

I prefer the model that works. If that means I can't live out my fantasies and pretend to be Dirty Harry, I can live with that. What they are doing works. They have lots fewer dead people. We should do what they are doing.

Except their model doesn't work. Yes, their murder rates are far less, but they have much higher rates of violent crime than we do due to a largely defenseless population, so it's not working. You're trading one extreme for another. We do need to address our root causes of gun violence, but their model is not the answer either.

Furthermore, the fact you make hyperbolic Dirty Harry references shows you're not even a serious person to have a rational discussion with so your opinion is largely irrelevant.
No. Their violent crimes, such as Homicide, Rape, and Sexual assault are much lower. Robbery is essentially the same. Simple assault is higher, but one out of five measurements is hardly grounds for saying what they are doing doesn't work. I prefer more simple assaults that don't result in death over 5 times more murders. You don't? We should do what they are doing.

View attachment 497090
I notice you left out Scotland I wonder why ?

Are Americans just inherently more violent and murderous than the rest of the world?

There is a reason the Germans called us "Devils in Baggy Pants" during the Second World War ... :thup:

That's odd and quite disappointing. I grew up believing Americans were for the most part honest, and moral, with an innate sense of fairness who would not intentionally harm anyone without good reason. Now I find that you and others believe that instead of that, we are inherently violent, and fairness has never been a characteristic of the American people. Seems lying, cheating and selfishness is what you see as the norm. I guess that makes sense. It would take someone with such a low opinion of our country to go along with what the right wing has become.
Just inner city gangs

In Britain and the rest of Europe, their citizens have no Right to protect themselves from violent attack...and the best tool for self defense, guns....has been taken away from most of them, in particular the low income groups.

In the U.S. in most places Americans can opt to use guns for at a minimum home defense, and in a vast majority of the country over 19.4 million Americans can legally carry guns for self defense.

In Britain, in particular.....rapes, brutal beatings, brutal knifings (that result in death or life changing injuries), robberies and murder, essentially have to be endured......and almost any attempt at self defense can land the actual victim in jail and prison.

In the U.S.......Americans can use their legal guns...which they do 1.1 million times a year, to stop rapes, brutal beatings, knifings, robberies and murder.

In our country we had 10,235 gun murders.....of those murders over 70-80% of the victims were criminals murdered by other criminals...they were not normal citizens. Of the rest of the victims, the vast majority are the friends, family and associates of the criminals hit by mistake as the actual criminal was the target.

Guns, again, are used in the U.S. 1.1 million times a year to save lives...from rape, robbery, beatings, knifings and murder.........over 170,000 lives saved by some research..........not to include the crimes stopped that also saved lives....

In the U.K.......victims of crime are majority innocent people......who are preyed upon by the British criminals...

How many times a year in America are guns used to commit crimes?
How many seconds in a year > Define "year".

Europe has a very weak military
Russia or China would easily rampage it
Russia aint shit. They couldn't whip the taliboobs. Neither have we.
China. We may find out their real capabilities.It WONT be pretty.
Bruce Lee vs. Andy Griffith.
Mr Xi Fong Dong Wrong. We have a problem .Send 126.25 million. If we need more we'll send a couple hundred million more on Taco Bell day

We kill lots of people. They don't kill nearly a many. We should do what they are doing.
London does not have a drug-gang industry fueled by Fatherless poor Black communities like the US does. Replicate our inner cities in London and their statistics would be in line with ours.
So you think Americans are just inherently violent people? You might think having so many guns might have something to do with that.
I read a pretty interesting study about ten years ago that suggested we are more violent. How ever they did not correlate the difference because of slum or slum population they showed a direct correlation with the amount of violence reported in our news. Americans news focuses on all the bad things that happen and very little on human interest. This causes a great deal of stress in society. I wonder if I could find that again. One of the baselines they used for comparison was Canada. Evidently Canada has similar gun ownership per capita as the United States but news is much more focused on human interest. I wonder if that is changing due to prevalence of the internet. I am sure there is more violence reported on the internet could have changed those numbers over the past ten years.

Bruce Lee vs. Andy Griffith
The Russian AF is superior to China
Could be, UNLESS China has non reported tic tacs zooming around ???
I am not buying that these UFOs are Chinese or Russian
No way

I prefer the model that works. If that means I can't live out my fantasies and pretend to be Dirty Harry, I can live with that. What they are doing works. They have lots fewer dead people. We should do what they are doing.

Except their model doesn't work. Yes, their murder rates are far less, but they have much higher rates of violent crime than we do due to a largely defenseless population, so it's not working. You're trading one extreme for another. We do need to address our root causes of gun violence, but their model is not the answer either.

Furthermore, the fact you make hyperbolic Dirty Harry references shows you're not even a serious person to have a rational discussion with so your opinion is largely irrelevant.
No. Their violent crimes, such as Homicide, Rape, and Sexual assault are much lower. Robbery is essentially the same. Simple assault is higher, but one out of five measurements is hardly grounds for saying what they are doing doesn't work. I prefer more simple assaults that don't result in death over 5 times more murders. You don't? We should do what they are doing.

View attachment 497090
I left out lots of European countries

View attachment 497090
I left out lots of European countries
Scotland is not a country it is part of Great Britain as is England and Wales. And you left it out because it is very violent.

We kill lots of people. They don't kill nearly as many. We should do what they are doing.
View attachment 496928
Demographics explain that, not guns. The whitest countries tend to have the lowest violent crime in general, as do countries like Japan and South Korea.

Take away the legal guns, and you'll still have plenty of knifings and gang violence here. And since most criminals already can get guns illegally, there will still be plenty of shootings.

No......we just have criminals who commit crimes, get caught, and then the democrat party politicians, judges and prosecutors let them go.......for now, Britain doesn't do that...but their left wing is trying hard to let their violent criminals go too...

Our violent crime is committed by a tiny, tiny number of people in our democrat party controlled cities...if they would stop releasing them, our crime rate in democrat party cities would be amazingly low...like the rest of America....

In places not controlled by the democrat party, our gun crime rates are as tiny or smaller than in Europe.
So are gun crimes limited to within the criminal community, like you said or not?

Completely limited, no...since criminals actually can drive cars, and our wonderful government moves the families of gang members out to the suburbs....

The majority of our criminals shootings occur in tiny areas of democrat party controlled cities, committed by a tiny number of criminals. The problem happens when the democrat party prosecutors drop gun charges, and when judges grant bail, and light sentences for even the most violent, repeat gun offenders....

The United States can really be divided up into three types of places. Places where there are no murders, places where there are a few murders, and places where murders are very common.

In 2014, the most recent year that a county-level breakdown is available, 54% of counties (with 11% of the population) have no murders. 69% of counties have no more than one murder, and about 20% of the population. These counties account for only 4% of all murders in the country.

The worst 1% of counties have 19% of the population and 37% of the murders. The worst 2% of counties contain 28% of the population and 51% of the murders. The worst 5% of counties contain 47% of the population and account for 68% of murders. But even within those counties the murders are very heavily concentrated in small areas.

And....from the Washington Post....please tell us how "WAshington Post," spells NRA....

As the below charts show, Democratic areas (measured by the party that controls the congressional district) are far more likely to experience almost all forms of malicious gun violence than Republican areas. These charts exclude suicides, for which data are not available on a congressional district basis, so it only breaks down the fraction of gun violence that is accidental or confrontational.
--------

A distinct pattern emerged: In Democratic regions of the country, which tend to be cities, people are more likely to be murdered with a gun than they are to shoot themselves to death.

In regions of the country won by Republicans, which tend to be rural areas and small towns, the opposite is true — people are more likely to shoot themselves to death than they are to be murdered with a gun.
----
In the most Democratic regions, gun violence is more often committed against another, crimes that probably generate more news coverage and fear. In the most Republican areas, it is more often committed against oneself, suicides that may not attract as much attention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...prising-way-gun-violence-is-dividing-america/
You are talking in circles, and all your silly cut and paste is annoying. Try again later after your head cools off.

So...we have reached the point where you have no answer..........I have the facts, the truth and reality...you can't answer my questions, and you can't deny the facts.........

What does the woman do when the guy who brutally beat her and pulled out two of her teeth gets out of British prison in 4 years?

What does the young woman who was gang raped in the Manchester park do about keeping it from happening again? You know, since Sadiq Khan, mayor of london also said that London is not safe for women or girls...what do they do?
Answer this question directly, without any tap dancing or diversion, and I will consider continuing. You claim that if you don't associate with crooks, you don't have to worry about gun crime. Are all, or even most of the NRA gun nuts who are armed 24/7 associates of criminals, or criminals themselves? Yes or no.

I don't tap dance or divert....you can't answer my questions and you can't answer the facts, truth or reality of my information.

No, they are not.....NRA members are law abiding people. Do some have criminals in the family, sure....but they don't have criminals as family members as a majority of the population of NRA members. The areas in democrat party controlled cities where almost all of our gun crime takes place have generational poverty as a result of fatherless homes.....it creates generations of fatherless boys who turn to drugs, gangs and crime to find meaning and power........
So according to you, they have no need to fear gun violence. That makes them nutbags that don't need to carry a gun, but do it anyway. Right?

Where did I say that there is zero crime that they have to fear? The best neighborhoods have the money....they also have victims........so they can and do draw criminals......ask Sharon Tate.

Violence happnes randomly to normal people......but like fires and lightning strikes it is rare....especially if you don't bring it into your life by being a criminal or having a relative who is a criminal or a friend who is a criminal.

What about that is so hard for you to understand.

The woman in the suburbs near my home bringing in her groceries who was violently attacked by a local teenager from the local high school was completely safe from gang gun violence, but not that random teenager.

Your arguments really need some work........since the facts, truth, and reality do not support your world view, you are stretching and stretching to try to bend reality to your unreality...it isn't going to work.

View attachment 497090

And Ireland where a lot of the violence actually does happen....and a lot of shootings.....funny that the British and Irish governments can't keep guns off that Island....

We kill lots of people. They don't kill nearly a many. We should do what they are doing.
London does not have a drug-gang industry fueled by Fatherless poor Black communities like the US does. Replicate our inner cities in London and their statistics would be in line with ours.
So you think Americans are just inherently violent people? You might think having so many guns might have something to do with that.
I read a pretty interesting study about ten years ago that suggested we are more violent. How ever they did not correlate the difference because of slum or slum population they showed a direct correlation with the amount of violence reported in our news. Americans news focuses on all the bad things that happen and very little on human interest. This causes a great deal of stress in society. I wonder if I could find that again. One of the baselines they used for comparison was Canada. Evidently Canada has similar gun ownership per capita as the United States but news is much more focused on human interest. I wonder if that is changing due to prevalence of the internet. I am sure there is more violence reported on the internet could have changed those numbers over the past ten years.

We are currently more violent....at least in democrat party controlled cities.....tiny areas of those cities....

Our country had a problem in the 1960s......our welfare state under LBJ destroyed the black family....as Ben Shapiro pointed out on his show, going into the 1960s the out of wedlock birthrate was 20% .....intact families with fathers in the home....the Great Society under LBJ wrecked that......and now black families have an out of wedlock birthrate of over 70%.....Britain used to have intact families.......and a common culture and institutions that their people respected.....their welfare state has destroyed their families and they have imported men from the 3rd world who are used to violence, and they do not respect or value western culture....and do not fear or respect British police.....

The people on here who think Europe has lower crime rates don't understand that this is a thing that changes.......ours changed in the 1960s, and due to the war, Europe lags behind.......now, they have reached the point where their violence is going to escalate, and like our left wingers...they will apply all the wrong solutions......they will see incarceration rates of violent criminals as miscarriages of justice and they will start releasing the most violent criminals for no other reason than "social justice." And that will increase their violent crime...as it is now....

Gun crime in Canada is on the rise......youth gangs and immigrant drug gangs.....

And the internet answers our discussion....

If you could boil down the theme of Our American Stories’ latest movie release, The Streets Were My Father, to two words, that’s what they would be. Fathers matter.

The Streets Were My Father traces the lives of three men — one black, two Hispanic — who lacked fathers in their lives. All three fell into the vortex of statistics involving children and especially boys when their fathers are not around.

• 85% of youths in prison grew up without a father
  • 90% of homeless and runaways grew up without a father
  • 71% of high school dropouts lack a father in the home
  • ------
The three men in The Streets Were My Father grew up with no guidance, no structure, and no future. All three ended up being men of the streets, doing and dealing drugs, shooting people and getting shot in criminal violence, running from the police and disrespecting authority, living meaningless lives of self-destruction.

The United States wrecked our families first.....Europe lagged behind because of the war.......their cultural decline was put on hold as they recovered from the war...we didn't have that.....we had the Great Society....it decimated our families....Now, Europe, through it's welfare states, are creating fatherless boys and girls....and they are supplying the gangs with killers and drug runners..........that is what too many here do not understand...they think the crime rates in Europe are going to stay the same as they were before world war 2......

Last edited:
Bruce Lee vs. Andy Griffith.
Mr Xi Fong Dong Wrong. We have a problem .Send 126.25 million. If we need more we'll send a couple hundred million more on Taco Bell day
Yea we probably would have to employ the nuclear option and hopefully they don't have time to return fire. I say if they fuck with us even for a second, bomb them back to the stone ages. I hope we are more prepared than I think we are.

Seeing how easily the capitol was over run I have my doubts.

View attachment 496928

--------

----

Where did I say that there is zero crime that they have to fear? The best neighborhoods have the money....they also have victims........so they can and do draw criminals......ask Sharon Tate.

Violence happnes randomly to normal people......but like fires and lightning strikes it is rare....especially if you don't bring it into your life by being a criminal or having a relative who is a criminal or a friend who is a criminal.

What about that is so hard for you to understand.

The woman in the suburbs near my home bringing in her groceries who was violently attacked by a local teenager from the local high school was completely safe from gang gun violence, but not that random teenager.

Your arguments really need some work........since the facts, truth, and reality do not support your world view, you are stretching and stretching to try to bend reality to your unreality...it isn't going to work.
You really should try to remember what you said before.
1622812650843.png

View attachment 496928

Not the question...

The question is this....do you prefer the European model of self defense...not guns, and you are not allowed to fight back, as in Britain...or the American version.
It works in that they are helpless and forbidden to defend themselves which is abominable if the right to defend oneself and ones property means more deaths than it is a good thing

Forum List

Back