Two French police injured in shoot-out with suspects of Toulouse attack

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Two French police officers were injured in a shoot-out during a raid on a house in Toulouse on Wednesday to arrest suspects in the killings of three children and a rabbi at a Jewish school in southwest France this week, a police source said.

The source said the raid began at 3.00 am local time (0200 GMT) and was ongoing, but did not provide further details.

French news channel BFM TV said the suspects were linked to an Islamist group which it identified as Forsane Alizza but it was not immediately possible to confirm this.
Two French police injured in shoot-out with suspects of Toulouse attack - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Isn't gun control a major law in France? I mean I don't think the average citizen can own a firearm can they? Yet they have armed men murdering at will.

A man engaged in a shoot-out with French police on Wednesday, suspected of killing four people at a Jewish school this week, claims to be linked to al-Qaida, French Interior Minister Claude Gueant said.

"He claims to be a mujahideen and to belong to al-Qaida," Gueant told journalists at the scene of the siege.

He also said the man had been in Afghanistan. "He wanted revenge for the Palestinian children and he also wanted to take revenge on the French army because of its foreign interventions," Gueant said.

Suspect in French school sh... JPost - Jewish World - Jewish News

Isn't gun control a major law in France? I mean I don't think the average citizen can own a firearm can they? Yet they have armed men murdering at will.

Same as Britain. Very strict gun laws... and yet they still have shootings. Illegal firearms.

Illegal firearms are everywhere, regardless of how strict or loose gun laws are. The question is rather if strict gun laws prevent accidental shootings and the use of firearms in domestic situations. I tend to believe they do. But obviously they will never stop criminals.

n France, the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen and the abolition of the privileges after the French Revolution guarantee the right for all French citizens to possess firearms. But several recent laws considerably limit this right. Currently, full automatic weapons are banned and to bear weapons is prohibited. Firearms are identified by gauges and classified in different complex categories (Principally, military, civil and hunting weapons). For example, according to French legislation, 9mm is a military gauge, .357 Magnum is a civil gauge and .22LR is a hunting gauge. In France, there are legally 762,331 military and civil weapons and 2,039,726 hunting weapons.
Gun law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Illegal firearms are everywhere, regardless of how strict or loose gun laws are. The question is rather if strict gun laws prevent accidental shootings and the use of firearms in domestic situations. I tend to believe they do. But obviously they will never stop criminals.

There are less then 1000 accidental deaths a year due to firearms in the US. Hardly a big problem.

There are less then 1000 accidental deaths a year due to firearms in the US. Hardly a big problem.

There were 52,447 deliberate and 23,237 accidental non-fatal gunshot injuries in the United States during 2000.[4] The majority of gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides,[5] with 17,352 (55.6%) of the total 31,224 firearm-related deaths in 2007 due to suicide, while 12,632 (40.5%) were homicide deaths
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States
Hardly a big problem:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back