Twenty Years Old? The International Space Station

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
44911459904_375bc02163_k.jpg

Hard to realize that the Russians sent the first module, the Zarya Functional Cargo Block, into space on Nov. 20, 1998.

We’ve come a long way. Now, not only the Russians are sending stuff up to it buy private contractors that have developed some amazing technology.

The story is @ 20 Years Ago, Construction Began on the International Space Station

If private industry had been involved all this time we would have been mining asteroids by now and cheap space tourism. The Government should be giving out massive tax incentives to companies that invest in space.

If private industry had been involved all this time we would have been mining asteroids by now and cheap space tourism. The Government should be giving out massive tax incentives to companies that invest in space.
is mining asteroids profitable?

Trump has never come over and told me to stopnmy asteroid belt mining plans....what are the regulations against me going to Mars?

The estimated worth of the asteroid belt is $700 quintillion.
ok--but that doesn't answer the question at all
no--the technology is not there for mining asteroids profitably

Trump has never come over and told me to stopnmy asteroid belt mining plans....what are the regulations against me going to Mars?
SpaceX president slams space regulations: 'It requires heroics' to make minor changes

Where there is profit private industry will develop the technology if there are incentives to do so.

Where there is profit private industry will develop the technology if there are incentives to do so.
so it's not profitable now or the near future
private industry is not interested in it because it is not profitable

SpaceX president slams space regulations: 'It requires heroics' to make minor changes

I'll have to dig more into it but I guess it is a pain.

Forum List

Back