Turkish president announces that their war planes have begun bombing in Syria

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Seems to me that if Trump knew this was inevitable and this is why he pulled out it only goes to bolster his position of troop withdrawal. There is ZERO upside to becoming embroiled in a much deeper conflict in Obama's unnecessary war.

Turkey launches 'military operation' in Syria, Erdogan announces

I do understand the opposition to Trump on this but enough is enough. Let the Muslims kill each other.

Trumps withdrawal created a void

Didn’t take Turkey long to exploit it

Seems to me that if Trump knew this was inevitable and this is why he pulled out it only goes to bolster his position of troop withdrawal. There is ZERO upside to becoming embroiled in a much deeper conflict in Obama's unnecessary war.

Turkey launches 'military operation' in Syria, Erdogan announces

I do understand the opposition to Trump on this but enough is enough. Let the Muslims kill each other.
I was hoping trump had used diplomacy so our allies weren’t killed, This seems like a failure. Why would anyone ever trust us?

This is an abandonment of our allies to an astonishing level. Everyone knows it's a bad idea, but he's doing it anyway, bringing us one step further away from all of our allies, and one step closer to Fortress America. This is terrible, this idea.

Trump has betrayed the Kurds. Of course his rube herd could give a flying fuck because Trump can do no wrong.

Did we betray the Kurds for Trump Towers?l

[F]ollowing another phone call between Trump and Turkey’s president, we are suddenly pulling back U.S. troops to make way for Turkey’s planned invasion to clear the Kurds out of the border zone in Syria.

It blindsided the Pentagon, and both houses of Congress: The Kurds were our strongest allies in taking back territory from ISIS. Yet Turkish dictator Recep Tayyip Erdogan considers them terrorists.

And astonishingly, Trump is now abandoning them to die.

[snip]

I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Breitbart radio during his campaign. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

We withheld hundreds of millions of dollars in aid from Ukraine, potentially because Trump wanted the country to dig up some dirt on his 2020 rival. Are we now allowing Turkey to come in and massacre the Kurds, because of his business interests?

This is an abandonment of our allies to an astonishing level. Everyone knows it's a bad idea, but he's doing it anyway, bringing us one step further away from all of our allies, and one step closer to Fortress America. This is terrible, this idea.
How long do you think American troops should stay there?

Turkey launches military assault in Syria as Kurdish fighters say warplanes are bombing region

A planned Turkish military operation in northern Syria has now begun, the country's president announced Wednesday, as Kurdish fighters say warplanes are already bombing civilian areas in the region.

[snip]

The Kurds -- who have been longtime U.S. allies in the fight against ISIS in Syria -- requested air support from American forces in response to the strikes. But U.S. military officials tell Fox News that President Trump has ordered them to not get involved.

Trump has betrayed the Kurds. Of course his rube herd could give a flying fuck because Trump can do no wrong.

[F]ollowing another phone call between Trump and Turkey’s president, we are suddenly pulling back U.S. troops to make way for Turkey’s planned invasion to clear the Kurds out of the border zone in Syria.

It blindsided the Pentagon, and both houses of Congress: The Kurds were our strongest allies in taking back territory from ISIS. Yet Turkish dictator Recep Tayyip Erdogan considers them terrorists.

[snip]

I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Breitbart radio during his campaign. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

We withheld hundreds of millions of dollars in aid from Ukraine, potentially because Trump wanted the country to dig up some dirt on his 2020 rival. Are we now allowing Turkey to come in and massacre the Kurds, because of his business interests?
How long should the American taxpayer protect the Kurds?

[snip]

How long did the American taxpayer protect Western Europe?

Asshole.

[snip]

How long did the American taxpayer protect Western Europe?

Asshole.
I don’t know. How long? Asshole

[snip]

Trump couldn’t use diplomacy to stop this? The great negotiator?

Democrats are assholes. They won’t protect the USA but we must spend our money protecting the Kurds til the end of times!

Democrats are assholes. They won’t protect the USA but we must spend our money protecting the Kurds til the end of times!
They did fight isis for us. This is how we treat allies? I don’t think we should need troops there. Diplomacy is what we needed.

I have to agree with others with regard to our allies.

After this, it is very likely the US will never again have an ally that they can trust because anyone who would be a good ally will know that at our earliest opportunity, we will throw them under the bus and not care if their troops are killed as a result of our action.

After this, it is very likely the US will never again have an ally that they can trust because anyone who would be a good ally will know that at our earliest opportunity, we will throw them under the bus and not care if their troops are killed as a result of our action.
Oh yeah, great allies. Like the ones who shoot our soldiers in the head? How many young Americans must die? How long?

Hard times economically. They were warned.
do you really think Trump would let Turkey's economy be destroyed, when he has TWO TRUMP TOWERS in Istanbul, Turkey? I think it was very likely a meaningless threat from Trump, the Destroyer. He spoke to Erdogan the night before he made his announcement.... erdogan doesn't seem worried about Trump's wrath at all... seems like he has his silent support...

It's a damn shame what Trump did all on his own, without even considering the advice of his Advisors...without Millitary advice, without our allies, without a plan....

he's evil.

Oh yeah, great allies. Like the ones who shoot our soldiers in the head? How many young Americans must die? How long?
I don’t believe we lost any troops in Syria.

Forum List

Back