Turkish imam joins ISIL in Syria, deputy PM confirms

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I think we all know that many Muslim clergy wouldn't be considered people of peace. If they don't join the Islamists in actual fighting, they will be out recruiting other Muslims to do so.

Turkish imam joins ISIL in Syria, deputy PM confirms
ANKARA

• n_75545_1.jpg

An Iraqi Shiite fighter walks past walls painted with the ISIL flag. REUTERS Photo

An imam who worked at a mosque in the Çanakkale province of northwestern Turkey has joined the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), daily Taraf cited Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç as saying on Dec. 12, adding that the imam has been removed from his post.

“Unfortunately it is true that an imam from Çanakkale’s Bayramiç district joined the ISIL. This person was suspended from his post on June 25,” said Arınç, while responding to questions over the budget of Turkey’s Religious Affairs Directorate (Diyanet). In Turkey, imams are appointed to mosques by the Diyanet.

Continue reading at:

Turkish imam joins ISIL in Syria deputy PM confirms - LOCAL

IT's very sad to see how a grown man resorts to spending his time trolling threads from the same poster over and over and over. I guess that's the life of a welfare recipient. No money, so nothing to do. Poor Sunni Welfare Stalker Troll... :cool:

IT's very sad to see how a grown man resorts to spending his time trolling threads from the same poster over and over and over. I guess that's the life of a welfare recipient. No money, so nothing to do. Poor Sunni Welfare Stalker Troll... :cool:[/QUOTE

It's just that he is lonely. Don't forget that many of the caretakers here in the U.S. come from foreign countries so he has nobody with whom to converse. Why don't we surprise him with a new Porta-potty. The one hs is using must be worn out by now with him sitting on it day in and day out trolling forums.,

I would like to start a POLL-----all those who are surprised that
a Turkish Imam joined ISIS----please let us know-------all those
not surprised-----also so state. I will open----I am NOT surprised ---

Forum List

Back