Turkish Club Makes Offer to Kobe Bryant

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Turkish Club Makes Offer to Kobe Bryant

Kobe-Bryant.jpg

The Turkish basketball club Besiktas has made an offer to Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant to play for its team during the N.B.A. lockout and is awaiting an answer from Bryant’s agent, Besiktas Coach Ergin Ataman said Friday.

Ataman, who already has a deal with the Nets’ Deron Williams, said he expects to hear Bryant’s decision when he speaks to Bryant’s agent, Rob Pelinka, in the next day or so. Ataman said Pelinka had initiated the discussions by contacting the club this week.

“We are very serious,” Ataman said in a telephone interview Friday. “I don’t think they are joking with us. We showed we are serious with the Deron Williams transfer. We believe this will happen. We are optimistic that during the lockout Kobe and Deron Williams will play with our team.”

Ataman did not give details of the offer made to Bryant. Williams’s deal is reportedly worth $200,000 to $350,000 a month, and Bryant would be asking for significantly more.

When Williams signed, Ataman said a sponsor would be paying Williams’s salary. When Ataman first discussed Bryant’s interest, he said the club would seek another sponsor to pay Bryant. Ataman insisted Friday that the club had plenty of sponsors and plenty of money to pay Bryant, but that a sponsorship deal with Turkish Airlines was being discussed.

Bryant has a two-year endorsement deal with Turkish Airlines, although he said as recently as December that he had never been to Turkey.

Besiktas is trying to make the biggest splash in the business of luring locked-out N.B.A. players, which would come in contrast to the news in its soccer program. The deputy chairman of Besiktas, Serdal Adali, as well as its soccer coach are among 31 people jailed recently in Turkey in connection with a match-fixing scandal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/s...club-makes-offer-to-kobe-bryant.html?_r=1&hpw

It's the same club where Iverson played.
And now they have transferred Deron Williams although I don't know that guy.

It's being said, that negotiations with Bryant will begin in August and they'll offer him 1 Million $ a month.
His salary would be payed by T.Airlines for whom Bryant already makes commercials.

They also say, that a Chinese club wants to sign Bryant and the main sponsor of that Chinese Club is Nike.

I'd laugh my ass off if Kobe played in Turkey

It's not that bad.
In 2010 Turkey has lost in World-Cup Final against USA.
But, the team Bryant might be transferred to isn't the best team in the league, and it is not qualified for the biggest competition in Europe (Euroleague).

It's not that bad.
In 2010 Turkey has lost in World-Cup Final against USA.
But, the team Bryant might be transferred to isn't the best team in the league, and it is not qualified for the biggest competition in Europe (Euroleague).

It would bring a lot of star power. Williams is an almost star.

It's the same club where Iverson played.
And now they have transferred Deron Williams although I don't know that guy.

It's being said, that negotiations with Bryant will begin in August and they'll offer him 1 Million $ a month.
His salary would be payed by T.Airlines for whom Bryant already makes commercials.

They also say, that a Chinese club wants to sign Bryant and the main sponsor of that Chinese Club is Nike.

Deron Williams is a beast, if this Turkish club signs Kobe and Deron they will do very well.

The word on the street is the NBA will not open the season, so we are going to see more and more players going overseas to play. Sitting at home for a whole year actually does damage to your game, for example Stephon Marbury, when he was with the Knicks he sat out for a whole year and got bought out and went to the Celtics, when he finally played again he played like trash. I am worried about the Celtics, for guys like Garnett, Pierce and Allen sitting out for a whole season could really hurt their games.

Forum List

Back