Tsunami victims lawsuit

Trigg

Oct 26, 2004
midwest
Victims News
Tsunami victims to sue French hotel chain, Thailand, US forecasters

AFP - VIENNA (AFP)

A group of Austrian and German victims of the Asian tsunami disaster are to file a lawsuit demanding that Thailand, a French hotel chain and US forecasters prove they reacted adequately to the disaster, their lawyers said.

I hate trial lawyers.

Frankly, I am surprised it took this long.

Just wondering.... how is it the US' fault this happened? Why is the US responsible for the world? Srew 'em.

freeandfun1 said:
Frankly, I am surprised it took this long.

Just wondering.... how is it the US' fault this happened? Why is the US responsible for the world? Srew 'em.

The story made me sick. Supposedly they arn't seeking any money. They're trying to find out if the US warned Indonesia fast enough, apparently the earthquate was picked up by equipment in Hawaii. Personnally I think this is just a prelude to seeking money though. After all they're trial lawyers.

interesting .... they will need to prove that the united states had a legal obligation to notify another country of the danger ... which would assumes that it is not well known that a masaive undersea earthquake causes tidal waves and that no ther country except the US has the ability to detect the earthqauke...

as my dad the politician and criminal defence attorney used to say....son, 50% of all attorneys finish in the bottom half of their class

Forum List

Back