Truth?

I do find it disconcerting that all that film and video was taken for the investigation yet none of it released. One would think that showing absolute proof from eveon ONE of those cams would squelch any conspiracy whatsoever.

DKSuddeth said:
I do find it disconcerting that all that film and video was taken for the investigation yet none of it released. One would think that showing absolute proof from eveon ONE of those cams would squelch any conspiracy whatsoever.

DK, put yourself in the place of an administration official and then ask yourself if it would ever cross your mind for a nanosecond that someone would hatch a conspiracy theory claiming that our own government attacked us.

What purpose would be served by responding to every paranoid fantasy? Government would be extremely busy chasing these down and the end result would be nothing more than a counterproductive and destuctive spiral. Every answer would simply serve to generate even more ridiculous questions.

Seems to me that the people who are fans of outrageous theories such as this do not want answers. They simply want to build a fairy tale that fits their convoluted view of our government.

Wednesday evening, I watched a documentary on the 9-11 commission and they have proof that the FAA tracked the flight that impacted the Pentagon. FAA records show that the airplane circled the city several times. They suspect that the hijackers were actually looking for the White House but were unable to pick it out, so they selected the more obvious target. There was radar, there were eye witnesses, there were FAA controllers. Now even if someone wants to claim that a cruise missile hit the Pentagon, they're going to have to explain to me how they got it to circle the city several times before proceeding to its target. Cruise missiles are pretty neat gizmos, but to the best of my knowledge they cannot be programmed to fly a holding pattern.

But the conspiracy nuts can never be satisfied. Every answer you give them is like to trying to put out a fire by throwing gasoline on it.

granted, I've not followed alot of the actual and factual investigating part, so can I assume that the statement about the FBI and other agencies taking recorded videos from all those places and not releasing them is false?

So what are they claiming happened to the "other" flight that normal people believe hit the Pentagon. Did those people vanish into thin air?

I had no intentions of spreading conspiracies, I just wanted to find the truth. I find most people posting on this board to be intelligent and able to give factual information in an instant.

AequitasVeritas said:
I had no intentions of spreading conspiracies, I just wanted to find the truth. I find most people posting on this board to be intelligent and able to give factual information in an instant.

It was interesting AV. I don't think you are spreading conspiracy theories. There wasn't anything in there that was terribly convincing. There is a guy on a late night talk show-Art Bell. He believes this silly squabble. I don't understand why someone would think it was anything other than the plane we believe it was when coincidentally that day 3 other planes crashed. I also don't understand how civilians know what a missile sounds like. I have never heard one in my neighborhood!!!!! Good post though,like I said it was interesting.

AequitasVeritas said:

It's all very interesting, but I still stand by my conviction that if I were in a position of power and trying to perpetrate such an elaborate hoax I would keep it as simple as possible. Therefore if I wanted to, for instance, make people believe a Boeing 757 hit the Pentagon, I would hit the Pentagon with a Boeing 757 or something so similar that no cursory examination would suggest otherwise. Except, if you are not in fact the United States government, in which case you'd have to fool a more thorough investigation as well.

If, on the other hand, in order to get people to believe the Pentagon had been hit by a large commercial airliner they instead just fired a missile at it, that would seem to me to be incredibly stupid.

Now are the people who could arrange such an elaborate hoax so diabolical clever and yet, simultaneously, so incredibly stupid? I wouldn't think so.

But hey, anything's possible.

AequitasVeritas said:

"Hunt the Boeing" ranks number 6 on The Urban Legends Top 25 dated 9/05/04. Myself, I'm kind of partial to number 17 "The Wrath of the Eagle". :cool:

Anyway, check this out plus the various links and some of your questions may be answered:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blflight77.htm?cfA3F32229=YTA3MTA1ODpnb29k eWVhcmludGVybmV0OiTyHC9Vqj+q5HOqXbkIJ0Q=

DKSuddeth said:
granted, I've not followed alot of the actual and factual investigating part, so can I assume that the statement about the FBI and other agencies taking recorded videos from all those places and not releasing them is false?

Don't know. Have not heard or read those claims. The only video I have seen is from a Pentagon security camera taking pictures every few seconds. It was not focused on the building, but on an entry point and it failed to capture the jet and only caught a part of the fireball from the explosion.

Forum List

Back