Trusting The President and The Congress on Copyright and Patent Law Reforms

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Trusting The President and The Congress on Copyright and Patent Law Reforms -- I don't.

'Too many people are ignorant about these issues, yet these issues probably affect everybody's lives more than any other issue. From the internet/web industry, to biotech/medical industry, entertainment industry, and more, we are all affected. We are all what today is called 'stakeholders' on these issues. But we have very little voice on this reform.

White House adopts new strategy to safeguard intellectual property - latimes.com

http://www.publicknowledge.org/cra/

Digital Millennium Copyright Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Impact of the Internet on Intellectual Property Law

Tort reform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The history of American copyright law originated with the introduction of the printing press to England in the late fifteenth century. As the number of presses grew, authorities sought to control the publication of books by granting printers a near monopoly on publishing in England. The Licensing Act of 1662 confirmed that monopoly and established a register of licensed books to be administered by the Stationers' Company, a group of printers with the authority to censor publications. The 1662 act lapsed in 1695 leading to a relaxation of government censorship, and in 1710

Association of Research Libraries (ARL®) :: Copyright Timeline: A History of Copyright in the United States

Last edited:
Why would we trust them all with tort reform either? And the doctors and lawyers who argue for tort reform? We need an educated public with critical thinking skill sets and a sense of duty and responsibility in the area of civic life.

That isn't going to come out of OWS or the Tea Party. I scoped out a Tea Party gathering early on and the paranoia kept me away. I was an early member of an Occupy, and in southern CA there was no way to get motivated people to gather outside because they did not understand the most basic concepts behind organizing.

Don't know about patent law by the copyright law is an abortion.

Agree. It doesn't really protect individuals, it's a corporate thing. It is the Goose that is killing creativity we will never see and have no way to concretely prove. Time and data will tell later on...but by then we will all be marching to the tune of a drum we will never own but always re license.

Forum List

Back