Trump’s pick for top environmental advisor is embarrassingly clueless. The environment is so screwed

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
Trump’s pick for top environmental advisor is embarrassingly clueless. The environment is so screwed

Another great Douche MAGA DOPer ass kissing MOMENT!

Last edited:

Another great Douche MAGA DOPer ass kissing Program!

What? She is uncertain whether she'd rely on scientists to answer questions about climate change? Say what? What the hell? Does she think a careful reading of Hamlet or the Bible may provide the answers?

I was incredulous -- truly, I was flabbergasted that the woman had the gall to appear before the committee while in the state of unpreparedness seemingly shown in the OP's rubric video that I had to check the full hearing (around 48:00) -- to hear Ms. Hartnett comport herself so adolescently. The admittedly humorously castigatory rubric video does not misrepresent the nature of the woman's utter ignorance about science in general and the environment in particular.

Senator Cardin finally asked her directly whether she's a scientist. She responded, "No, I'm not a scientist." (Her background is in the humanities, not natural science and not social science.) She went on to explain that she's done some personal reading about science topics. Seriously?!? She (Trump) thinks that qualifies her to fill one of the most science-focused roles in the U.S. government?

Mind you, I'm not deriding the woman for not knowing the things she doesn't know about the nature of the environment and science. (Indeed, I commend her for being truthful enough to say she doesn't know what she doesn't know. Would that Trump and many others be that honest.) I'm simply saying Ms. Hartnett isn't the right person for the job of environmental advisor because or her lack of science knowledge, experience and training. That doesn't make her a terrible person. It doesn't make her stupid. It just makes her unqualified for that role and other "technical" ones like it. Would be she a reasonable pick for a cultural advisory role? I don't know, but that'd seem a far better fit.

Last edited:

Another great Douche MAGA DOPer ass kissing MOMENT!

And of course he would pick a burn baby burn advisor. Typical swamp gas.

FWIW, Moore claims the"Obama-Clinton Machine’s liberal media lapdogs," presumably the WaPo has attacked him.

"The Obama-Clinton Machine’s liberal media lapdogs just launched the most vicious and nasty round of attacks against me I’ve EVER faced!"​

What? Some woman, not the WaPo, is who's accused him of sexual abuse; the WaPo has merely reported her accusation. Here's the The Washington Post's reporting:

Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

“He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”

Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

Two of Corfman’s childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge.

Aside from Corfman, three other women [-- Wendy Miller, Debbie Wesson Gibson and Gloria Thacker Deason --] interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the three women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact.​

Lapdog or not, the fact of the matter is that the WaPo is not the accuser in this matter; it is a messenger of the accusations. Only by misreading of the story's context -- that of who's telling story and who's making the remarks told of in the story -- can one imagine that The Washington Post is attacking him? And one'd either have to be pretty stupid or be unequivocally dissembling and disingenuous to claim that the WaPo is the accuser/attacker.

Moreover, Moore's remarks are pure deflection for the issue of import, the central question, isn't who's attacking/accusing Moore of wrongdoing, but rather whether he did as he's alleged to have done. On that matter, which really is the only one that merits comments by Moore, there are but two responses: (1) "I did as alleged," or (2) "I did not do as alleged." Beyond that, there's really nothing of substance for Moore to say. His attacks on the WaPo are in no way probative nor suggestive of his having done something wrong or not done something wrong, nor are his recriminations of the messenger probative or suggestive of whether the women alleging he abused them are or are not fabricated.

FWIW, Moore claims the"Obama-Clinton Machine’s liberal media lapdogs," presumably the WaPo has attacked him.

"The Obama-Clinton Machine’s liberal media lapdogs just launched the most vicious and nasty round of attacks against me I’ve EVER faced!"​

What? Some woman, not the WaPo, is who's accused him of sexual abuse; the WaPo has merely reported her accusation. Here's the The Washington Post's reporting:

Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

“He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”

Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

Two of Corfman’s childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge.

Aside from Corfman, three other women [-- Wendy Miller, Debbie Wesson Gibson and Gloria Thacker Deason --] interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the three women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact.​

Lapdog or not, the fact of the matter is that the WaPo is not the accuser in this matter; it is a messenger of the accusations. Only by misreading of the story's context -- that of who's telling story and who's making the remarks told of in the story -- can one imagine that The Washington Post is attacking him? And one'd either have to be pretty stupid or be unequivocally dissembling and disingenuous to claim that the WaPo is the accuser/attacker.

Moreover, Moore's remarks are pure deflection for the issue of import, the central question, isn't who's attacking/accusing Moore of wrongdoing, but rather whether he did as he's alleged to have done. On that matter, which really is the only one that merits comments by Moore, there are but two responses: (1) "I did as alleged," or (2) "I did not do as alleged." Beyond that, there's really nothing of substance for Moore to say. His attacks on the WaPo are in no way probative nor suggestive of his having done something wrong or not done something wrong, nor are his recriminations of the messenger probative or suggestive of whether the women alleging he abused them are or are not fabricated.

I find it fascinating that so many of these accused abusers won't just outright deny it. "I'll molest a child, but I cannot tell a lie!"...? Wha?

Forum List

Back