Trump's impeachment ire turns on Pompeo amid diplomats' starring roles

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
WASHINGTON —The Ukraine impeachment inquiry has created the first rift between President Donald Trump and the Cabinet member who has been his closest ally, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, according to four current and former senior administration officials.

I carefully read the whole article. And, to no one’s surprise, not one of the sources was identified. All hearsay.

Of all government departments, State, with it’s 75,000 political lifers who think they know best, is clearly the worst one for someone to try to carry out the president’s wishes.

After all, the president is charged with carrying out national defense and foreign policy.

Read the following and you’ll see what the President and Pompeo face.

In public testimony on Friday, Yovanovitch appeared to excoriate Pompeo for "the failure of State Department leadership to push back as foreign and corrupt interests apparently hijacked our Ukraine policy."

"It is the responsibility of the department's leaders to stand up for the institution and the individuals who make that institution the most effective diplomatic force in the world," she said.

According to administration officials, Pompeo's refusal to publicly defend Yovanovitch cemented a wider view within the State Department that he has enabled some of Trump's impulsive foreign policy decisions, such as the withdrawal of U.S. special forces from Syria after a phone call with Turkey's President Erdgoan.

"Pompeo is hated by his building," a person close to the secretary said, adding that he "feels the heat a great deal and feels it's personal at state."

In other words, she, not the president, is on the right track for the good of the nation.

More @ Trump's impeachment ire turns on Pompeo amid diplomats' starring roles

The State Department has been called the tip of the American spear. It is a very hierarchical organization just like the military with a strong emphasis on the chain of command. In other words, Everyone knows their job and the limits of their authority. Then along comes a president who seems to despise the very organization that keeps the peace with all these other countries we have to deal with. Republicans have always hated diplomacy but thus one seems bent on pissing on the world.

WASHINGTON —The Ukraine impeachment inquiry has created the first rift between President Donald Trump and the Cabinet member who has been his closest ally, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, according to four current and former senior administration officials.

I carefully read the whole article. And, to no one’s surprise, not one of the sources was identified. All hearsay.

Of all government departments, State, with it’s 75,000 political lifers who think they know best, is clearly the worst one for someone to try to carry out the president’s wishes.

After all, the president is charged with carrying out national defense and foreign policy.

Read the following and you’ll see what the President and Pompeo face.

In public testimony on Friday, Yovanovitch appeared to excoriate Pompeo for "the failure of State Department leadership to push back as foreign and corrupt interests apparently hijacked our Ukraine policy."

"It is the responsibility of the department's leaders to stand up for the institution and the individuals who make that institution the most effective diplomatic force in the world," she said.

According to administration officials, Pompeo's refusal to publicly defend Yovanovitch cemented a wider view within the State Department that he has enabled some of Trump's impulsive foreign policy decisions, such as the withdrawal of U.S. special forces from Syria after a phone call with Turkey's President Erdgoan.

"Pompeo is hated by his building," a person close to the secretary said, adding that he "feels the heat a great deal and feels it's personal at state."

In other words, she, not the president, is on the right track for the good of the nation.

More @ Trump's impeachment ire turns on Pompeo amid diplomats' starring roles

You really do not know what the hell you are talking about.

Of the 75,000 at the State Dept, more than 45,000 of them are locally employed people at the locations of our embassies and consulates. They are the local drivers, interpreters, cleaning people, grounds crew and more.

They are not "lifers" and they are not political in nature at all.

I trust 75,000 professionals over a mentally ill game show host.

The State Department has been called the tip of the American spear. It is a very hierarchical organization just like the military with a strong emphasis on the chain of command. In other words, Everyone knows their job and the limits of their authority.
ROFLMFAO

Except when it comes to classification protocol

The State Department has been called the tip of the American spear. It is a very hierarchical organization just like the military with a strong emphasis on the chain of command. In other words, Everyone knows their job and the limits of their authority.
ROFLMFAO

Except when it comes to classification protocol
This mess is what you get electing an idiot as president who stubbornly thinks he is a king. The right has an ever growing list of people they blame for all this except the one guy that clearly has no respect for the rules. Still no realization that following the rules makes a president absolutely safe from impeachment.

The ambassadors and officials at the State Department need to remember they work for the President, not the other way around.

The State Department isn't mentioned in the Constitution, and they are not a 4th branch of government.

They are only in their position to carry out the policies and agenda of the President.

If they can't do that, they need to resign, and move on. .. :cool:

The ambassadors and officials at the State Department need to remember they work for the President, not the other way around.

The State Department isn't mentioned in the Constitution, and they are not a 4th branch of government.

They are only in their position to carry out the policies and agenda of the President.

The oath of office they take...“I, _______, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

Nothing in there about blind loyalty to the current president.

The oath of office they take...“I, _______, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...Nothing in there about blind loyalty to the current president.
You are confused. .. :cool:

That is the oath military officers take when they are commissioned.

And has nothing to do with the State Dept. ambassadors or officials.

The oath of office they take...“I, _______, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...Nothing in there about blind loyalty to the current president.
You are confused. .. :cool:

That is the oath military officers take when they are commissioned.

And has nothing to do with the State Dept. ambassadors or officials.

Nope, I am not. Every single Fed employee takes that same oath of office.

5 U.S. Code § 3331 - Oath of office

You conveniently left out the 2nd part of the oath. .. :cool:

"that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

The duties of the State Dept. officers to are to carry out the policies set by the President, not pursue your own agenda.

You conveniently left out the 2nd part of the oath. .. :cool:

"that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

The duties of the State Dept. officers to are to carry out the policies set by the President.

which does not include blind obedience

The oath of office they take...“I, _______, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

Nothing in there about blind loyalty to the current president.

Trumptards do not see it this way. It is for dear leader and dear leader only. The hell with the United States or it's constitution.

Actually it does.

Ambassadors serve at the pleasure of the President.

He can hire and fire them at will.

It they can't carry out his policies to the letter, they should do the honorable thing and resign. .. :cool:

No, it does not. Their loyalty is to the Constitution, not a single man. Trump is just the president, he is not god nor a king

People fall for this shit because of the way civics has been taught in school. They’ve been teaching our kids that a weak executive is how the country is supposed to run and it’s allowed the other 2 branches of government to overstep their constitutional restraint.

It’s clearly indicated by the left getting giddy over the idea of secret inquiries, secret impeachment ballots, etc.

Actually it does.

Ambassadors serve at the pleasure of the President.

He can hire and fire them at will.

It they can't carry out his policies to the letter, they should do the honorable thing and resign. .. :cool:

No, it does not. Their loyalty is to the Constitution, not a single man. Trump is just the president, he is not god nor a king
Tell that to the military members that go to prison for simply following orders. Or for NOT following orders.

Forum List

Back