Trump’s COVID-19 ‘Miracle’ Treatment Relied On Cells Linked To Aborted Fetus

Huff-po. I'll pass and wait for a more reliable source.

Just because you don't like the source doesn't mean that the reporting is not true.

Here you go from CBS:

From ABC:

Here it is from the Guardian:

If you don't like those, here's the link to the search I did. Pick your source:

The thing is if you weren't such a lazy person you could have found that information for yourself.

But you're too lazy and you really don't want the information so you just typed that ridiculous reply. Which left you open for me to show all of cyberspace what a lazy and uninformed person you are.

Thank you. There are many sources.

Yes there are.

The far right on this board just doesn't want to know truth.

trump used a drug that part of it came from an abortion.

The thing is, the far right doesn't give a damn about abortion beyond using it as a weapon against anyone who doesn't agree with them.

They certainly aren't pro life.

The fact is, an abortion and aborted fetal tissue saved trump's life.

Well...what do you know...totally fake news.

And the rest of the MSM just regurgitated it...because they are lazy and biased and terrible at their jobs.

An embarrassment...but not at all unexpected. This is the new normal in "journalism".

I stopped listening to their bullshit ages ago...and...if you're not a fool...you should too.

Well...what do you know...totally fake news.

And the rest of the MSM just regurgitated it...because they are lazy and biased and terrible at their jobs.

An embarrassment...but not at all unexpected. This is the new normal in "journalism".

I stopped listening to their bullshit ages ago...and...if you're not a fool...you should too.
wall-aquarium-23.jpg

The COVID-19 treatment President Donald Trump has referred to as a miracle was developed using cells derived from an aborted fetus — a process he has severely curtailed in government-funded medical research to woo the evangelical vote.

Regeneron’s link to fetal tissue was first reported in the MIT Technology Review. To create the therapeutic miracles Trump extols, apparently “God employs cell lines derived from human fetal tissue,” the publication noted.

Read the article for yourself. What do you think?
"What do you think?"

Irony. Hypocrisy. Narcissistic sociopath.
Conservatives are infamous for their hypocrisy.

Abortion Good!
Human Bad!

White man Boogeyman!
Infanticide good!

The COVID-19 treatment President Donald Trump has referred to as a miracle was developed using cells derived from an aborted fetus — a process he has severely curtailed in government-funded medical research to woo the evangelical vote.

Regeneron’s link to fetal tissue was first reported in the MIT Technology Review. To create the therapeutic miracles Trump extols, apparently “God employs cell lines derived from human fetal tissue,” the publication noted.

The New York Times is the original source of the OP:

Trump’s Covid Treatments Were Tested in Cells Derived From Fetal Tissue
First an admission... I didn't read the article.

I didn't read it, because I don't care. I'm pro-choice... The reason I'm pro-choice factors directly to why I don't care. As long as it's a fetus... By all means... Use fetal tissue.

Then you've missed the point utterly. Donald Trump signed an EO banning fetal cell research, and made a HUGE deal out of doing so. The evangelical right appauded this as a great step forward in protecting the unborn. Fetal cell research was a massive win for the evangelicals who are vehemently anti-abortion, and helped cement that leg of his base.

Now Trump has had his life saved by a drug which used fetal cell tissue in its development, albeit tissue that was harvested long before Trump signed the ban, and declaring it a miracle cure, but nevertheless. He's preventing any future miracles by his ban. He can use the fetal cell research to save his own life, but future generations cannot. Because he needs those votes.

Abortion Good!
Human Bad!

White man Boogeyman!
Infanticide good!

Norman has just posted the entire extent of his education, experience and intellect. He's also given us a wonderful demonstration of the communications skills he's honed after decades of practice.

Thank you Norman.

Abortion Good!
Human Bad!

White man Boogeyman!
Infanticide good!

Norman has just posted the entire extent of his education, experience and intellect. He's also given us a wonderful demonstration of the communications skills he's honed after decades of practice.

Thank you Norman.

I have just posted your NPC positions, glad you recognized them.

Now Trump has had his life saved by a drug which used fetal cell tissue in its development, albeit tissue that was harvested long before Trump signed the ban, and declaring it a miracle cure, but nevertheless. He's preventing any future miracles by his ban. He can use the fetal cell research to save his own life, but future generations cannot. Because he needs those votes.

"Mr. Trump said he planned to make the antibody cocktail being developed by the drug maker Regeneron, which does not yet have government approval, free to anyone who needs it. He did not explain how he would do it, although on Wednesday night, Regeneron said it had submitted an application to the Food and Drug Administration for emergency approval. "

Abortion Good!
Human Bad!

White man Boogeyman!
Infanticide good!

Thank you Norman.

I have just posted your NPC positions, glad you recognized them.

Since I have never articulated any such ideas ever, it appears that your reading comprehension skills are just as deficient as your intellect, education, etc.

I have never said abortion is good or any of the other things you claim. You're either not actually reading my posts or you're not capable of comprehending them. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend it's because you're not really reading them.

It's hubris. The stuff was artificial according to the doctor who administered it. I saw him say it on tv twice in this past week.

"Mr. Trump said he planned to make the antibody cocktail being developed by the drug maker Regeneron, which does not yet have government approval, free to anyone who needs it. He did not explain how he would do it, although on Wednesday night, Regeneron said it had submitted an application to the Food and Drug Administration for emergency approval. "

How can drugs similar to Regeneron continue to be developed, if the drug companies are barred from using or obtaining fetal cells? There are many promising theraputics being developed using fetal cells, including treatments for Parkinsons. Monoclonal research is a whole new field which shows a lot of promise for many treatments. I personally love it that something good happens out of an abortion, which is so emotionally difficult and painful.

I think Regeneron is an amazing drug, and for once Trump is riding the right horse. But if you think that Trump can have Regeneron for everyone and for free, think again.

There are currently only 3500 doses of it in the world. It's biological - grown in the pancreatic cells of hamsters, and it takes a long time to grow. Based on the success of the trials, they have started construction on a large scale manafacturing plant for the drug in upstate New York. The company will be ready to go into production in LATE 2021. Once completed, they'll be able to produce 600,000 to 2 million doses per year.

There will be enough Regeneron to treat everyone currently living in America with Regeneron, by 2172. Of course, everyone in America doesn't need it, just those who are sick right now. Their Regeneron might be ready as early as 2022 but only if production reaches 2 million doses per year. If's it's only 600,000, it'll take 4 years to produce enough of the drug to treat the people who are sick today. The pancreatic cells of hamsters aren't exactly as reliable as a metal stamping machine in terms of an efficient means of production.

In the meantime, what do you think your chances of getting it if you get sick might be? It costs $100,000 per dose at the moment. Are you rich enough to get it? Are you important enough to get it? What makes you think you will?

The best option, is to wear your mask, don't gather in large groups, social distance. Shuts this shit right down, right quick, until there's enough vaccine for everyone because you're place in line with 330 million other people, is nowhere near the front.

NY times is a liberal rag. That's what I know.

It's hubris. The stuff was artificial according to the doctor who administered it. I saw him say it on tv twice in this past week.

The doctor who administered it, isn't the drug company who manfactured it and he has no idea of how they made it. Of course Trump and his doctors are lying about it. Just as they've lied and covered up everything about Trump's illness.

Trump took his last dose of steroids on Thursday and thank God for that. He should be crashing any day, and maybe as early as today. Hopefully the Remdesivir has reduced the virus enough that the rebound isn't too bad. Trump has done little to help himself here, refusing to follow doctors orders.

Even as evil and as odious as this jackass is, I don't wish death on him or anyone else.

The information came from Regeneron's manufacturer. That's where the times got it from.

How can drugs similar to Regeneron continue to be developed, if the drug companies are barred from using or obtaining fetal cells? There are many promising theraputics being developed using fetal cells, including treatments for Parkinsons

So which is it? Are they barred or are they being developed?

Then you know nothing, which of course it's exactly news to anyone who has read your posts.

The information came from Regeneron's manufacturer, or possibly the company's recent FDA application. That's where the Times got it from.

What the actual fuck, Lakhota?

Forum List

Back