Trump’s boondoggle wall breached 3,000+ times!

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
$11 billion spent on a wall that can easily be penetrated by cheap power tools found in any hardware store. Over 3,000 times so far, since 2019. Totaling over $2.6 million in repairs, and counting. What a waste of taxpayer money. Has the check from Mexico cleared yet?

NACO, Ariz. — Mexican smuggling gangs have sawed through new segments of the border wall 3,272 times over the past three years, according to unpublished US Customs and Border Protection maintenance records obtained by The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act.

The government spent $2.6 million to repair the breaches during the 2019 to 2021 fiscal years, the CBP records show. While the agency has acknowledged that smugglers are able to hack through the new barriers built by the Trump administration, the maintenance records show damage has been more widespread than previously known, pointing to the structure’s limitations as an impediment to illegal crossings.

Trump promised Mexico would pay for the structure, but his administration spent roughly $11 billion in taxpayer funds, most of which he diverted from Defense Department accounts. At rallies, Trump likened his wall to a “Rolls-Royce,” but he stopped claiming the barrier was “impenetrable” in 2019 after the Post reported smugglers had learned to saw through it with conventional power tools.

We need better immigration laws not simply an inconvenient expensive wall. Fences and walls obviously have their place but aren’t the answer. Dems are willing to negotiate tougher border controls for reasonable immigration laws and decency in treating our fellow humans plus a resolution for the kids here.

I am for very strong immigration laws. The problem with “the Wall” was that it was nothing more than a public relations gimmick for the Trumpist sheep. Trump marketed it like it was the Great Wall of China when all it was, was a glorified picket fence. The way to control immigration is to go to the source of corruption, violence and poverty in Central America and hit the employers with severe sanctions for hiring illegals.

Last edited:
We need better immigration laws not simply an inconvenient expensive wall. Fences and walls obviously have their place but aren’t the answer. Dems are willing to negotiate tougher border controls for reasonable immigration laws and decency in treating our fellow humans plus a resolution for the kids here.
No. That won’t do shit to stop illegal immigration. What we need to do is help these poor countries improve the lives of their people. You know like offering education, limiting crime, eliminating the drug cartels, and of course stopping big trans-National corporations from raping their land and the people. Plus stopping the CIA from overthrowing their elected governments and installing right wing dictators, who allow all the items mentioned above to occur.

Throughout his 2015–2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump called for construction of a large fortified border wall, claiming that if elected he would "build the wall and make Mexico pay for it".

"I would build a great wall, and no one builds walls better than me, believe me, and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great wall and I'll have Mexico pay for that wall."

From December 22, 2018, to January 25, 2019, the federal government was partially shut down due to Trump's declared intention to veto any spending bill that did not include $5 billion in funding for a border wall.

Trump had me at "Believe me".

Walls are a deterrent, not a solution. Locking your doors wont stop a robber but you still lock them, right?
Really, I think a wall is a waste. BUT we wont ever get DC to actually fix the problem THEY created. A wall is the next best thing.
What we need to do, is go after employers. We need to reject fake asylum seekers. People arent seeking asylum when they travel through 5 countries to get here. We need to cut out their incentives for coming here.

Walls are a deterrent, not a solution. Locking your doors wont stop a robber but you still lock them, right?
Really, I think a wall is a waste. BUT we wont ever get DC to actually fix the problem THEY created. A wall is the next best thing.
What we need to do, is go after employers. We need to reject fake asylum seekers. People arent seeking asylum when they travel through 5 countries to get here. We need to cut out their incentives for coming here.

Everyone seems to understand that the problem is employers but no one actually wants to address that.

The wall’s square bollards are 6 inches in diameter, with a layer of steel 3/16 of an inch thick. Contractors were required to fill their lower portions with concrete, and in some cases steel rebar, to make sawing more difficult.

A Post reporter encountered bollards at multiple locations that appear to have been left hollow.

After smuggling crews cut through, they often disguise the breaches with tinted putty, making it difficult for agents to recognize which bollards have been compromised. The smugglers can return again and again to the site until the damage is detected, using the breach like a secret entrance.

:badgrin:

People arent seeking asylum when they travel through 5 countries to get here. We need to cut out their incentives for coming here.
They're fleeing violence and poverty, both reasons for asylum. All I know is we had terrible, lazy, white janitors where I work, and we got in a Mexican crew now, and I have never seen this place so clean. Amazing workers. And that is why no one does anything about 'border security', these folks do jobs Americans won't, and employers love it.

Damn some of you people are ignorant. Walls work. If the BP had the manpower to monitor them instead of fucking with the "family units" they are very effective......Don't take my word for it, talk to the boots on the ground within the BP like I have.

Blah, but you won't bother and you will remain willfully ignorant.

They're fleeing violence and poverty, both reasons for asylum. All I know is we had terrible, lazy, white janitors where I work, and we got in a Mexican crew now, and I have never seen this place so clean. Amazing workers. And that is why no one does anything about 'border security', these folks do jobs Americans won't, and employers love it.
I remember reading about a "caravan" a few years ago. They went through 4 or 5 countries to get here. One of the towns they went through in mexico(maybe?) had a lower crime rate that the city in america they tried to cross.
They are coming to america for incentive. Sure, they might be fleeing violence, but that isnt why they come through 5 countries to get here.
Do you ever spout anything besides DNC propaganda? Serious question.

$11 billion spent on a wall that can easily be penetrated by cheap power tools found in any hardware store. Over 3,000 times so far, since 2019. Totaling over $2.6 million in repairs, and counting. What a waste of taxpayer money. Has the check from Mexico cleared yet?

NACO, Ariz. — Mexican smuggling gangs have sawed through new segments of the border wall 3,272 times over the past three years, according to unpublished US Customs and Border Protection maintenance records obtained by The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act.

The government spent $2.6 million to repair the breaches during the 2019 to 2021 fiscal years, the CBP records show. While the agency has acknowledged that smugglers are able to hack through the new barriers built by the Trump administration, the maintenance records show damage has been more widespread than previously known, pointing to the structure’s limitations as an impediment to illegal crossings.

Trump promised Mexico would pay for the structure, but his administration spent roughly $11 billion in taxpayer funds, most of which he diverted from Defense Department accounts. At rallies, Trump likened his wall to a “Rolls-Royce,” but he stopped claiming the barrier was “impenetrable” in 2019 after the Post reported smugglers had learned to saw through it with conventional power tools.
Well, my retirement plan was to set up a thermite stand in Tiajuana. Looks like I could just change it to Craftsman brand hacksaws and reduce my overhead.

Forum List

Back