Trump Using 'Former Japanese Internment Camp' For Immigrants;

NU44C64ZC5CDXOWX324TDDPTWA.jpg

And I’ll bet you anything, they won’t know what these are for or how to use them

hqdefault.jpg

The Washington Post likewise stresses the internment camp reference, but at least hints that another administration might have done something similar: "Geronimo and the Japanese were imprisoned there. Now Fort Sill will hold migrant children — again." Here's how the Post's coverage begins:

Record numbers of unaccompanied children from Central America have crossed the border in recent months. So many that the Office of Refugee Resettlement has been scrambling to find housing for them.

On Tuesday, the agency announced it has chosen a military base as a temporary shelter: Fort Sill in Oklahoma, which was used during World War II as an internment camp for Japanese Americans and Japanese immigrants. Before that, it was the longtime prison for Apache leader Geronimo.

Here's How They Reported It When Obama Did Same Thing

But as many have pointed out, for those willing to take the step to read a little further than the headlines, an uncomfortable fact emerges: The Obama administration used the same "former Japanese internment camp" to house immigrants in 2014. The Post report acknowledges this fact in its fourth paragraph:

This isn’t the first time that Fort Sill has been used this way, though. During the Obama presidency, unaccompanied children were housed there for four months. At the time, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin (R) blamed Obama’s “failed immigration policies," saying, “It is alarming to have 1,200 children in a military Installation.”

More w/links @ Media: Trump Using 'Former Japanese Internment Camp' For Immigrants; Here's How They Reported It When Obama Did Same Thing
Look just like the places I lived in for six years in the military no A/c either. It is a safe place to hold them for several years. Never knew they had any of the old barracks left around.

The scumbag fdr’s concentration camps were dismantled. Other structures have been built in the same place in this case.

I took my basic training at Fort Sill in 1981. Sending anyone there is a crime against humanity.

Point is, Obama only did this for four months. We are in YEAR THREE of Trump's Concentration camps.

They're not like us, we don't want them here.

Anything that would be a determent would be worth a try.

Forum List

Back