Trump threatens German auto importants and the Germans say build better cars

Fakey covets German jobs over Americans.

Do you have any idea how much they tax US vehicle imports in Germany?

A $25k car cost $40K. Apparently progressive turds think it's OK for other countries to tax the shit out of our manufactured goods, but for us to do the same to them, well that's just "insane".

How does Germany tax American-built cars differently than German-built cars?

What do you mean how? By adding a tariff to it. The EU has tariffs in place (EBTI) in addition to the normal VAT tax thrown on all goods.

VAT is applied to all goods made in Europe. How does it discriminate against American cars?

Europe charges a 10% tariff on imported cars, but the US imposes a 2.5% tariff on cars and a 25% tariff on trucks.

The standard tariff for importing cars to the U.S. is 2.5 percent of their value. For pickup trucks and commercial vans, the tariff is a whopping 25 percent. Individual European countries don’t charge import duties, but the European Union charges a flat rate of 10 percent on imported automobiles.​

Free-Trade Cars: Why a U.S.–Europe Free-Trade Agreement Is a Good Idea - Feature

So for some vehicles, the US charges a far higher tariff than Europe.

I never said the VAT discriminates against US cars, I said it's added on in addition to the tariffs.

A base Mustang costs $25k in the US, it costs $40k in Germany. That is far more than the VAT add on.

Meanwhile German cars are sold in the US for cheaper than they sold in Germany, even with the VAT taken off. Germans love buying US spec German cars from US military because they save so much money.

People must be listening...German automakers are suffering a market meltdown

More than €4.5bn (£3.95bn) was wiped off the market value of Germany's flagship car companies on Monday, after US President-elect Donald Trump warned he would impose a border tax of 35 per cent on vehicles imported from abroad to the US market.

Trump threatened German carmakers with a border tax. They just lost more than €4.5bn

I've been watching this stuff. Happens every time.

I have been seriously thinking about setting up a self-directed trading account just to trade on Trump's mouth.

He opens it, go short. take profit. close.

Forum List

Back