Trump Tax Fraud

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
New Evidence Donald Trump Didnā€™t Pay Taxes
If the presumptive GOP nominee keeps hiding his returns, Congress could force him to show his hand with a one-line amendment to the tax code.
DAVID CAY JOHNSTON
06.15.16 1:00 AM ET
New questions about the integrity of Donald Trumpā€™s income tax returns, and new indications that he does not pay income taxes, arise from rulings in two tax appeals that Trump filed in the 1990s. Trump lost both cases.

Trumpā€™s 1984 federal income tax return included a Schedule C, the form used by sole proprietors, the decision in the first case shows.

ADVERTISEMENT
inRead invented by Teads
Trump listed no income on that form, yet he deducted $626,264 as expenses. His New York City tax return also showed no income, but listed slightly less in expenses: $619,227.

No receipts, invoices, or other documentation were provided when Trump was under audit or during his appeal from what he argued was an unfair demand for more tax.

ā€œThe record does not explain how Petitioner [Trump] had significant expenses without any concomitant income from his consulting business,ā€ wrote H. Gregory Tillman, the city administrative law judge who heard the case on April 29 and May 28 of 1992.

Jack Mitnick, the lawyer and accountant who prepared Trumpā€™s tax returns for more than two decades, was Trumpā€™s only witness. Mitnick testified that he was ā€œthoroughly familiarā€ with the Trump tax returns and all aspects of the finances of Trump Tower, which were central to the appeal.

But when shown a photocopy of Trumpā€™s 1984 tax return, Mitnick testified that ā€œwe did notā€ prepare that return, referring to himself and his firm, and he said did not know who did. However, Mitnick did not dispute that it was his signature on the photocopy.

The original tax return was never found, the judge noted.

Among the issues raised by Mitnickā€™s 1992 testimony is whether Trump or someone acting on his behalf substituted a return that he or someone else prepared and then transferred Mitnickā€™s signature using a photocopier.

Mitnick, now 71 and semi-retired, told me in a telephone interview Tuesday that he had no recollection of that case or a second appeal in which he represented Trump, whose returns he prepared until about 1995.

The second case was before the New York State Division of Tax Appeals in 1994 and concerned taxes on profits from selling units in an East 61st Street apartment building which was 90 percent owned by Trump, with his brother Robert and aide Louise Sunshine splitting the remaining share.

Again the issue was 1984 deductions Trump took without providing any documentation to auditors or when Frank W. Barrie, a state administrative law judge, heard his appeal.

GET THE BEAST IN YOUR INBOX!

By clicking ā€œSubscribe,ā€ you agree to have read the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

It was in this appeal that the record shows Trump paid no income tax in 1984.

ā€œMr. Mitnick has prepared Donald Trumpā€™s income tax returns for the last 20 years and testified that Mr. Trump had no income tax due against with the credit ā€˜could have been applied,ā€™ā€ Judge Barrie wrote in his 23-page opinion.

In the city case, Judge Tillman noted that Trump complained of double taxation, but found that claim baseless. Using bold face to emphasize his point, Judge Tillman wrote, ā€œThe problem at issue is not one of double taxation, but of no taxation.ā€

The Trump campaign did not respond to an emailed list of detailed questions about the two cases. A second email was also ignored.

These two decisions should prompt new calls for Trump to release his tax returns. He claims, falsely, that he cannot release his returns since 2012 because they are being audited. But a tax return is filed under penalty of perjury and releasing a return has no effect on an audit, as many tax authorities (including a former IRS commissioner) have noted.

But even accepting Trumpā€™s specious claim, no reason exists for him to withhold his complete returns from 1980 through 2011 since by his account those audits are closed.

And to be clear, releasing just the summary of the tax return, the Form 1040, is not adequate. Trump, like all candidates as well as sitting presidents and vice presidents, should disclose his complete tax returns including every form, schedule, statement, and the worksheets so we see just how the tax liability was determined.

That Trump has no intention of ever releasing his tax returns became clear on May 13 when he snapped at an ABC anchor that his federal income tax rate ā€œis none of your business.ā€

The tradition of presidential candidates disclosing their tax returns has an august purpose: making sure that another criminal is not a heartbeat from the presidency or in the Oval Office.

The disclosure tradition dates to when Spiro Agnew resigned as vice president in 1973 and then plead guilty to a tax crime. President Richard Nixon was an unindicted conspirator in a felony for which his tax lawyer Edward L. Morgan went to prison for creating a fraudulent $576,000 tax deduction on his behalfā€”one of the specifications in the impeachment proceedings that never came to a vote because Nixon resigned in August 1974.

come on billy Do you pay taxes ? AND if you do you don't mind seeing this trump swine getting away with murder?

Since you've raised this, in all likelihood, the reason Trump cited being under audit as the reason for not disclosing his tax return(s) is that as POTUS, his returns are automatically audited; there is zero chance they will not be. (See also: How to Audit the President) And, no, the POTUS' tax returns are not a matter of public record. Thus, for the entirety of his tenure as POTUS, his tax returns will be under audit.

There's no information that, as a result of one's releasing their tax return, the IRS can obtain that it could not obtain were one not to make the return public. Be that as it may, "under audit" is the excuse Trump gave for not releasing his returns, and as long as he's of a mind to stand on that, they won't be made public. Moreover, whether, prior to assuming the presidency, he even was being audited, along with the start and end dates of the IRS' audit of his tax return(s), will not be disclosed by the IRS. The only things that will get those returns disclosed are (1) a Congressional order, (2) any tax code violation Trump may have committed in reporting his financial activities being something he opts to contest in tax court rather than accepting the IRS' ruling and paying whatever fines and penalties they levy as a result of the violation, and (3) a third party "leaking" them. None of those things is very likely to happen, but, hey, one can hold out hope....

New questions about the integrity of Donald Trumpā€™s income tax returns,

"Integrity" of a tax return refers to the accuracy of the assertions one makes on the return. I would have a problem with anyone, not just Trump, willfully making false assertions on his tax return.

new indications that he does not pay income taxes

As goes whether and how much Trump pays/paid in income taxes, so long as he lawfully minimized his tax liability, I'm fine with that. That various legislatures and executive branches have enacted provisions in the tax code that allow Trump, myself, and others who earn "a lot" of money to minimize their income tax liability to the point that it is either zero percent or proportionately comparable to that of individuals/households who earn materially less is something I care about.

Nonetheless, I aggressively avail myself of every tax minimization technique I can provided the cost of doing so yields a net savings and aligns with my financial management approach and objectives. I'm also not going to do something unethical just because doing it reduces my income tax liability.

Since you've raised this, in all likelihood, the reason Trump cited being under audit as the reason for not disclosing his tax return(s) is that as POTUS, his returns are automatically audited; there is zero chance they will not be. (See also: How to Audit the President) And, no, the POTUS' tax returns are not a matter of public record. Thus, for the entirety of his tenure as POTUS, his tax returns will be under audit.

There's no information that, as a result of one's releasing their tax return, the IRS can obtain that it could not obtain were one not to make the return public. Be that as it may, "under audit" is the excuse Trump gave for not releasing his returns, and as long as he's of a mind to stand on that, they won't be made public. Moreover, whether, prior to assuming the presidency, he even was being audited, along with the start and end dates of the IRS' audit of his tax return(s), will not be disclosed by the IRS. The only things that will get those returns disclosed are (1) a Congressional order, (2) any tax code violation Trump may have committed in reporting his financial activities being something he opts to contest in tax court rather than accepting the IRS' ruling and paying whatever fines and penalties they levy as a result of the violation, and (3) a third party "leaking" them. None of those things is very likely to happen, but, hey, one can hold out hope....

"Integrity" of a tax return refers to the accuracy of the assertions one makes on the return. I would have a problem with anyone, not just Trump, willfully making false assertions on his tax return.

As goes whether and how much Trump pays/paid in income taxes, so long as he lawfully minimized his tax liability, I'm fine with that. That various legislatures and executive branches have enacted provisions in the tax code that allow Trump, myself, and others who earn "a lot" of money to minimize their income tax liability to the point that it is either zero percent or proportionately comparable to that of individuals/households who earn materially less is something I care about.

Nonetheless, I aggressively avail myself of every tax minimization technique I can provided the cost of doing so yields a net savings and aligns with my financial management approach and objectives. I'm also not going to do something unethical just because doing it reduces my income tax liability.
Walter McDonald
23 hrs

Walter McDonald
23 hrs

I'm not signing up for Facebook just so I can read your linked content. Sorry.
  • The first link says the page isn't available.
  • The second link asks me to sign in to Facebook

Walter McDonald
23 hrs

Sorry X man I still believe Trump is a world class thief and tax thief and I'm pretty sure you doubt his honesty too

1984! Is this Johnston guy serious? I'd take Sasquatch hunters more seriously than this guy's investigation of Trump's appeals of his 1984 taxes. He needs a life.

Walter McDonald
23 hrs

Sorry X man I still believe Trump is a world class thief and tax thief and I'm pretty sure you doubt his honesty too
I still believe Trump is a world class thief and tax thief and I'm pretty sure you doubt his honesty too

I do; however, trying to make a case in support of my belief in that regard and basing it on his tax returns, his not releasing them, and/or what may or may not be found in them is not something I'd do. That would be a very weak argument, and I'm not given to presenting weak cases. I prefer to present cases that require opposers to, in essence, willingly suspend disbelief, or be flat out ignorant on one or more aspects of the matter, in order to rigorously and cogently refute my arguments.

As I've said before, the "important to know" content in his tax returns is (1) whether his financial assertions are accurate, and (2) the qualitative information -- information that would either explicitly identify conflicts of interest and emoluments, or the potential for such as goes various policy positions Trump might espouse/enact -- they contain about his associations. How much he earned or paid in income tax is but a minor footnote to the wealth of other information in his return.

Last edited:
Didn't left wing lesbian activist and MSNBC political pundit Rachel Maddow settle this thing with a copy of Trump's tax return? As a top 1%er he probably pays more taxes per year than all the Hillary voters combined. We know Barry Hussein used the IRS to intimidate and target republican activists so it stands to reason that Trump was audited at least every year of the Hussein administration. If there was a problem wouldn't we know about it?

Walter McDonald
23 hrs

I still believe Trump is a world class thief and tax thief and I'm pretty sure you doubt his honesty too

I do; however, trying to make a case in support of my belief in that regard and basing it on his tax returns, his not releasing them, and/or what may or may not be found in them is not something I'd do. That would be a very weak argument, and I'm not given to presenting weak cases. I prefer to present cases that required opposers to, in essence, willingly suspend disbelief, or be flat out ignorant on one or more aspects of the matter, in order to refute my arguments.

As I've said before, the "important to know" content in his tax returns is (1) whether his financial assertions are accurate, and (2) the qualitative information -- information that would either explicitly identify conflicts of interest and emoluments, or the potential for such as goes various policy positions Trump might espouse/enact -- they contain about his associations. How much he earned or paid in income tax is but a minor footnote to the wealth of other information in his return.
Just want you to know ,,been reading your posts and respect everything you say

Forum List

Back