Trump takes aim at Scientology tax exemption !

Why should any religion receive a tax exemption. Why not change that to a tax credit when the money received is used to provide tangible services to the needy, believers or not.

Cool as long as unions are no longer tax exempt as well, I am with you!

Fine with me, as long as every political donation across the board is taxed, and every purchase of a stock or bond - no matter its size - is taxed .25 cents to reduce the national deficit and some of the debt.

Why should any religion receive a tax exemption. Why not change that to a tax credit when the money received is used to provide tangible services to the needy, believers or not.

Fine with me, as long as every political donation across the board is taxed, and every purchase of a stock or bond - no matter its size - is taxed .25 cents to reduce the national deficit and some of the debt.

100% agreement!

lol the above from the same poster who the other day was defending excessive unnecessary defense spending because it sustained UNION JOBS.

Word!

Let’s not forget all these colleges that gobble up so much land and city services and are tax exempt .

What happened to “freedom of religion”. I guess it’s OK to believe what you want as long as you’re a Christian but if you’re not, if you’re a Muslim, or a Scientologist or some other fringe religion, your beliefs don’t matter.

When you start saying one religion gets special favours over another, or is subject to special scrutiny like “extreme vetting” then you don’t have freedom of religion. The US was founded by Puritans seeking to escape religious persecution and now Donald Trump is re-introducing the idea that it is acceptable to persecute Jews, Muslims and now Scientologists, in the US.

Word!

Let’s not forget all these colleges that gobble up so much land and city services and are tax exempt .
And the NFL is listed as a non profit! Anybody care to guess how many hundreds of millions go into the black hole yearly?

Word!

If colleges are taxed, that cost is passed on in increased tuition to the students who are now picking up their diplomas and massive 5-figures of debt which is impeding their ability to marry, buy a home or start a family.

I’d rather the next generation not be saddled with school debt it will take years to repay. These kids attended school through one of the worst economic periods on modern history, when traditional student jobs were being done by unemployed manufacturing workers, and as second jobs for people with multiple part time jobs. The same with seasonal employment jobs. The average age of the minimum wage worker is now 25.

I have friends who worked in manufacturing who went from jobs which paid twice the minimum wage, to seeing entire segments of the economy just disappear overnight. The companies closed and thousands of workers who were getting decent wages, had them cut in half overnight, and that never changed or went up. Twenty years on and these people are just now achieving the same pay they lost 20 years ago, except those dollars have been ravaged by inflation for 20 years so those getting that wage today it’s lost more than half it’s buying power through inflation, and they’re not even close to double minimum wage.

Last edited:

Word!

I commuted to college and paid the salary of the mayor and his executive secretary with the amount of parking tickets I received (hyperbole of course, but it felt like it).

Word!

And the NFL is listed as a non profit! Anybody care to guess how many hundreds of millions go into the black hole yearly?

Yep, and all those lobbyist will once again convince members of congress to screw the wage earner and give breaks to Corporations and Institutions and special interests who donate to their reelection campaign.

Word!

If colleges are taxed, that cost is passed on in increased tuition to the students who are now picking up their diplomas and massive 5-figures of debt which is impeding their ability to marry, buy a home or start a family.

I’d rather the next generation not be saddled with school debt it will take years to repay. These kids attended school through one of the worst economiv

Lack of taxes doesn’t seem to stop college costs from rising .

Word!

I’d rather the next generation not be saddled with school debt it will take years to repay. These kids attended school through one of the worst economiv

One of my kids text books cost more than I paid in tuition for a semester. That is not hyperbole.

Word!

Yep, and all those lobbyist will once again convince members of congress to screw the wage earner and give breaks to Corporations and Institutions and special interests who donate to their reelection campaign.
I have no objection to going after tax cheats. And I think college football players should get healthcare via the college!

Word!

One of my kids text books cost more than I paid in tuition for a semester. That is not hyperbole.

It’s a scam. Like 1/2 of Boston is untaxed school owned land .

Word!

It’s a scam. Like 1/2 of Boston is untaxed school owned land .
Seattle is the same way!

Forum List

Back