Trump Sues to Block Release of his Financials

Why Is Trump So Worried About His Finances Going Public? – Rolling Stone
trump-russia-interactive.jpg

"On Monday, the president went so far as to sue House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-MD), as well as his own accounting firm, in an attempt to block a subpoena of Trump’s accounting firm...."

"Cummings initially wrote Mazers USA, the accounting firm in question, seeking Trump’s financial records on March 20th, weeks after the president’s former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, testified publicly before the Oversight Committee that Trump had lied about his finances in an effort to mislead lenders.

"The company responded, Cummings said, by requesting a 'friendly' subpoena to formalize the process, after which it planned to comply with Congress.

"Last week, Trump’s attorneys tried to pressure Mazers USA into not honoring a subpoena from Cummings, writing that it 'would not be valid or enforceable.'"

Ready for the good part?

Trump wants Democrats to pay his legal bills in this obfuscation.

Is it simply taken for granted that this president holds himself above all legal accountability and Republicans will inevitably support him to the hilt?
It's all a delaying tactic. Congress is likely to prevail because congress has oversight power over the executive branch which certainly includes the president and the IRS. If congress wants to investigate the president they can subpoena anyone on his staff.
It's all a delaying tactic. Congress is likely to prevail because congress has oversight power over the executive branch which certainly includes the president and the IRS. If congress wants to investigate the president they can subpoena anyone on his staff.
Trump appears to be counting on the courts to delay as many subpoenas as possible between now and November 2020. So far, Speaker Pelosi has tried to keep a lid on impeachment proceedings by pushing for vigorous oversight investigations, but without an obvious legislative purpose, perhaps she'll be forced to put impeachment back on the table? In any event, it looks like Trump is getting his wall except this one's between the White House and House of Representatives.

Trump’s Stonewalling Takes Clash Between Branches to a New Level

You used the wrong term.
It's not oversight, it's OVERREACH.
You used the wrong term.
It's not oversight, it's OVERREACH.
Is this another example of "OVERREACH"?

"The Justice Department backed up his stance. It disclosed that Attorney General William P. Barr would prohibit John Gore, a top official in the agency, from appearing Thursday as ordered to discuss any role in adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census despite the fact that he was called under a bipartisan subpoena."

Trump’s Stonewalling Takes Clash Between Branches to a New Level

Whatever it takes to block OVERREACH, grasshopper.
Whatever it takes to block OVERREACH, grasshopper.
flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg

More winning, Twinkie?

Our President seems to have a lot to hide

He threatens to sue anyone who may release his academic record, financial information, taxes, marital records

Our President seems to have a lot to hide

He threatens to sue anyone who may release his academic record, financial information, taxes, marital records
Anyone would. Democrats is on a Fishing expedition and it isn't right or fair for them to do so.

Why doesnt Trump open up his records and put this to bed ? He can then get on with the important job of MAGA.
Simple because his opposition is trying to force him to do so. It seems likely that he does have something to hide or he would have released his tax returns when he entered the race. If we had every piece of information on Trump we probably would just have more confirmation of what we already know about him.

Why doesnt Trump open up his records and put this to bed ? He can then get on with the important job of MAGA.
Simple because his opposition is trying to force him to do so. It seems likely that he does have something to hide or he would have released his tax returns when he entered the race. If we had every piece of information on Trump we probably would just have more confirmation of what we already know about him.

I suppose it is possible that he is just being awkward because he doesnt like being told what to do. He is in an awkward place though. If they cant get his details they will not let it drop at all.

"He won't volentarily release them" isn't probable cause to force him to.

I hope he fights you tooth and nail on everything. He gains more and more respect from me when he does. Someone has to stand up to this tyranny.

Why are Democrats so infatuated with his Financial background?

When you are a subject to partisan witch hunts for several years running, you would be worried about it. Since there is no law requiring that Trump or anyone else running for the White House to publish their tax documents, Democrats continous insistence on it for three years without due cause is becoming an example of harassment.

Democrats who REQUESTED for the documents from the IRS (who turned it down) , then the Democrats go for the subpoena they make clear they have no probable cause to bank on, thus another witch hunt becomes the only possibility.
Look at Russia. Trump has said & done a lot of questionable things to the favor of Putin. Trump also lied about his business in Russia. One reason to know a President's financials is to be assured within some reason that his decisions are what is best for our country & not his wallet.

No tax returns, no divestment of his businesses, no truth.

Right now, all you have is his word & that ain't worth shit.

Trump:

yes I will release my tax returns

I release them by ______ (full in date)

I might release them

Fuck you people

Republicans see no problem with this.

When you are a subject to partisan witch hunts for several years running, you would be worried about it. Since there is no law requiring that Trump or anyone else running for the White House to publish their tax documents, Democrats continous insistence on it for three years without due cause is becoming an example of harassment.

Democrats who REQUESTED for the documents from the IRS (who turned it down) , then the Democrats go for the subpoena they make clear they have no probable cause to bank on, thus another witch hunt becomes the only possibility.
Look at Russia. Trump has said & done a lot of questionable things to the favor of Putin. Trump also lied about his business in Russia. One reason to know a President's financials is to be assured within some reason that his decisions are what is best for our country & not his wallet.

Did he say he'd have more flexibility after he's re-elected?

So how did Obama personally gain from nuclear arms talk with Russia?

Trump:

I might release them

Fuck you people

Nope, none at all. He's not required to release them so I have no issues with him giving the finger to the demonrats.

Are you saying that the IRS is in the tank with Trump, allowing him to illegally underpay his taxes?

Trump is such a thin-skinned twat. He really is. Joke of guy. But a bigger joke of a president.

In 8 years I never saw Obama once go on Foxnews for an interview.

Presidents tend to not want to sit down with hostile media.

Obama was the biggest fucking pansy to ever grace the white house. He had the MSM in his back pocket for 8 years and he complained about FNC and even wanted to ban them.
When has moron scump gone on MSNBC CNN ?

Donald Trump's full CNN interview with Jake Tapper - CNN Video

Mic drop motherfucker.

Like I said, Obama was the biggest fucking pansy wussy to ever be president. He had 7 out of 8 media outlets sucking his cock daily and he still bitched. Trump has ONE out of 8 putting out his message and he tolerates the other 7 FAR more than Obama tolerated Foxnews.
Yeah, I remember Obama calling Fox News the enemy of the people and claiming everything the entire media establishment said was lies.

Trump:

I might release them

Fuck you people

Nope, none at all. He's not required to release them so I have no issues with him giving the finger to the democrats.
So, as long as he fights Democrats you don't give a rat;s ass how much money flows into his pockets & what he gave away to get it. I knew you assfucks hated America but I dodn't know it was this bad.

In 8 years I never saw Obama once go on Foxnews for an interview.

Presidents tend to not want to sit down with hostile media.

Obama was the biggest fucking pansy to ever grace the white house. He had the MSM in his back pocket for 8 years and he complained about FNC and even wanted to ban them.
When has moron scump gone on MSNBC CNN ?

Donald Trump's full CNN interview with Jake Tapper - CNN Video

Mic drop motherfucker.

Like I said, Obama was the biggest fucking pansy wussy to ever be president. He had 7 out of 8 media outlets sucking his cock daily and he still bitched. Trump has ONE out of 8 putting out his message and he tolerates the other 7 FAR more than Obama tolerated Foxnews.
Yeah, I remember Obama calling Fox News the enemy of the people and claiming everything the entire media establishment said was lies.

Trump:

I might release them

Fuck you people

Nope, none at all. He's not required to release them so I have no issues with him giving the finger to the democrats.
So, as long as he fights Democrats you don't give a rat;s ass how much money flows into his pockets & what he gave away to get it. I knew you assfucks hated America but I dodn't know it was this bad.

No, quite the contrary. I LOVE America. America is based on a constitution and a justice system whose foundation is "innocent until proven guilty." You have no right to see anyones financials because you don't like them. If you think Trump cheated on his taxes produce proof. Otherwise, fuck off.

Last edited:

So how did Obama personally gain from nuclear arms talk with Russia?
Lets bring in a Special Prosecutor to investigate that shall we.

I dont blame him.
What makes you believe Trump is above the law?

Why Is Trump So Worried About His Finances Going Public? – Rolling Stone

"Suing a Democratic committee chairman is only the latest action the president has taken to prevent his finances from going public.

"After House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-MA) sent a letter to the IRS formally requesting six years of Trump’s tax returns, the president said he was 'not inclined' to comply the request, and, according to the Washington Post, is willing to take the fight to keep his returns secret to the Supreme Court.

"Defying the request, which the Ways and Means Committee is entitled to make, would amount to a violation of federal law.

"Nevertheless, as they did with Mazers USA, Trump’s lawyers wrote a letter to the Treasury Department, which oversees the IRS, pressuring them to tell IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig not to comply with Neal’s request for Trump’s tax returns.

"While testifying before Congress earlier this month, Rettig, visibly shaking, said he was 'working on a letter' to respond to Neal."
I dont think he is above the law. What a stupid assumption.
I dont think he is above the law. What a stupid assumption.
Why did you imply support for his suit to block the legally required release of his tax records if you don't think the rich-bi*tch is above the law?

What happened to liberals? They now rollover on their belly for the government.

Trump is taking legal action to try to block the release is part of the legal system. Trump is using the legal system to block what he believes is wrong.

We need some real liberals back in America instead of the frauds and fakes that are currently out there including the OP.

Why not just release them though. I don't believe he did anything wrong and broke no law. What would be the harm? I think his approval rating would rise 10 points if they were released.

Why should he be required to do anything to prove he is innocent against allegations. It is called innocent until proven guilty, it used to be the standard for Americans, it seems the left no wants you guilty unless proven otherwise and you have to prove you did nothing. That seems oppressive and tyrannical.

He is innocent until proven guilty, why does he need to prove his innocence. No one in America needs to prove their innocence.

Forum List

Back