Trump seeks to target Democrats through complex tax forms

KeiserC

VIP Member
Mar 18, 2017
My headline... I'm sure 50% of you will agree with it...

Trump and Mnuchin Say Focus Will Turn to Tax Reform

I'm just getting the sense that many have beat the dead horse of Trumpcare and Trump collusion to death.

Lets have it out on Tax Reform...

I think I should keep more of my money and spend less of it supporting entitlement programs.

Last edited:
Using "target" in your title might have people saying Trump has a gun and is personally threatening Democrats. Turn on CNN.

All I know is I have always done my own Taxes. It is way too complicated. Even more so since the added HealthCare stuff. HSA, employer match etc.

I have done "less", taken no extra risks, suffered in place.....all sorts of things because of possible TAX consequences. Excess SDI, more than one job, vehicle licence fee only !!!! I am breaking out in hives just thinking about it.

If Trump does only one thing in 8 years, if he is to simplify this 1040 Tax Monstrosity he will be the best of all time, hands down.

It may come too late for me but the kids will thank me. Even the Dems will like it.

Well shoot... I guess he's been doing a lot of that lately... You've been on this site long enough that he's unabashedly 'targeting' Democrats at every turn.

I know there was talk about the 1040 or EZ version to be condensed to a postcard sort of deal... No talk of that lately though

You better believe that the public is going to hold him accountable for closing the tax loopholes he benefited from for over 20 years, like he promised to do during the campaign.

I heard The Dems are promising a Civil War if Congress tries to actually fix anything or submit any Bills to be voted on.

You better believe that the public is going to hold him accountable for closing the tax loopholes he benefited from for over 20 years, like he promised to do during the campaign.
I think we need to be more objective on that account. It was incumbent on Trump to eek out every legal avenue availed to him under the law... bankruptcies included.

Can we disassociate Trump the business man from Trump the president?

I think we need to be more objective on that account. It was incumbent on Trump to eek out every legal avenue availed to him under the law... bankruptcies included.

No, that's absurd! He promised to close the loopholes that allowed him to evade taxes for 20 years, so he better deliver.

Isn't there a clear distinction between the private citizen under tax law, than President helping to craft tax law

Isn't there a clear distinction between the private citizen under tax law, than President helping to craft tax law

Donald Trump promised to close the loopholes he used to evade taxes. End of story.

No, that's absurd! He promised to close the loopholes that allowed him to evade taxes for 20 years, so he better deliver.
That's exactly my point... as the head of the executive branch he had better make good on his promises to close those loopholes. If we are to believe his campaign mantra "Nobody knows the loopholes better than me". That's getting back to my point. Fundamentally there is a flip of the switch in his new role which is distinct from his old role.

I know there was talk about the 1040 or EZ version to be condensed to a postcard sort of deal... No talk of that lately though
The current tax code is how long?

As they rush to file their taxes by April 18, Americans are rightfully frustrated with the complexity of the 74,608-page-long federal tax code.

The federal tax code is 187 times longer than it was a century ago, according to Wolters Kluwer, CCH, which has analyzed it since 1913.
[/quote]
Look at how many pages are in the federal tax code

Almost 75,000 fucking pages of tax laws. That's ridiculous.

I heard The Dems are promising a Civil War if Congress tries to actually fix anything or submit any Bills to be voted on.

Lets just see how the fiscal conservatives like his tax reforms....

No hoo doo economics.... Regan's tax cuts amounted to borrowing shit loads of moany..

I'm with you Onyx. In order to simplify, the tricks and gimmicks must go. All of it. I am unsure about Mortgage interest deduction as that encourages home ownership. Then people take care of that property and community. But if the rate is low?

I don't know jack about business Tax law..........I don't like the sweetheart deals.

As they rush to file their taxes by April 18, Americans are rightfully frustrated with the complexity of the 74,608-page-long federal tax code.

The federal tax code is 187 times longer than it was a century ago, according to Wolters Kluwer, CCH, which has analyzed it since 1913.

Almost 75,000 fucking pages of tax laws. That's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

certainly not talking about the code... just the part Joe tax payer fills out (not including the instructions)

I'm with you Onyx. In order to simplify, the tricks and gimmicks must go. All of it. I am unsure about Mortgage interest deduction as that encourages home ownership. Then people take care of that property and community. But if the rate is low?

I don't know jack about business Tax law..........I don't like the sweetheart deals.
There should be no deals. So what if you own a home, or have a kid, or whatever. How much did you make? You owe 5%. Period, done deal.

Almost 75,000 fucking pages of tax laws. That's ridiculous.

certainly not talking about the code... just the part Joe tax payer fills out (not including the instructions)[/QUOTE]
I fucked up the quote somehow but how can this not be the code? You should need about two pages to cover the tax law. No where near 75,000. A fair law doesn't need that many pages in it.

Well shoot... I guess he's been doing a lot of that lately... You've been on this site long enough that he's unabashedly 'targeting' Democrats at every turn.

By revealing their policies are horseshit and have made things substantially worse and that they still support them?

Well, we know he got dinged in 2005. Feel better?

Forum List

Back