Trump Leading in Independent loling - poll

How come Repubs put up such dumb candidates?
Bush jr, Quayle, Palin, now Trump?

It's not like there are NO intelligent repubs out there. But like everything in life, righties go for the lowest common denominator I guess....

Last edited:
Trump is strong, like new rope. Obama is weak, like a kid on dope.

Obama will be forced to run in his record, not rhetoric. His record is shit. Buh Bye Barry....you can join Carter in the hall of failure.

It's not like there are NO intelligent repubs out there. But like everything in life, righties go for the lowest common denominator I guess....
Every candidate the Reps runs is always dumb, especially when they are smart- that is the narrative that the Dems use every election. It is essentially their only play- the good ol' Ad hom attack.

Last edited:
It might turn out to be a regular GOP bloodbath :eusa_drool:

Im sure it will be quite civil.

Like when Repubs went after McCain in S. Carolina?

Exactly! I was for Obama, but if he went after McCain the way Bush did I wouldn't have voted for him.
I actually voted for McCain in that primary, I liked him then, still like him, just think he has forgotten who he is since he ran for President. I also think that he really didn't want to run with Palin. I would have had a lot more respect for him if he had run with any other republican. His advisers told him to go after the women who wanted Hilary. The only problem is, the women who liked Hilary would never like Palin.

It signals only one thing:

The independents aren't that enthused about any GOP candidate. BUT they are disgusted enough with Obama that they'd consider voting for Trump instead.

Translation: Obama lost the middle, and likely 2012.

I agree. Its the Tea Party influence. They have moved the Republican Party even further to the right. Obama will win the next Presidential election unless the Republican Primaries produce a clear and credible opponent. Perhaps Mike Huckabee or Mitt Romney would be the only candidates the wider American public would accept? But, then again, they may be past their sell-by-dates by now.

I agree. Its the Tea Party influence. They have moved the Republican Party even further to the right. Obama will win the next Presidential election unless the Republican Primaries produce a clear and credible opponent. Perhaps Mike Huckabee or Mitt Romney would be the only candidates the wider American public would accept? But, then again, they may be past their sell-by-dates by now.

You lefties don't understand. 2012 isn't about which candidate the public will accept.

It isn't gonna be about accepting a candidate. It's gonna be about rejecting a president. 2012 is a referendum on Obama. The GOP candidate won't matter that much as long as he's not a complete fuck up. Enough people want Obama out that they'll vote for Turd Sandwhich if necessary.

It is because they like the person they can have a beer with, not the person who can actually do the job.

You lefties don't understand. 2012 isn't about which candidate the public will accept.

It isn't gonna be about accepting a candidate. It's gonna be about rejecting a president. 2012 is a referendum on Obama. The GOP candidate won't matter that much as long as he's not a complete fuck up. Enough people want Obama out that they'll vote for Turd Sandwhich if necessary.

Its a pity, then, that the Tea Party faction is so strong within the Republican party. Because the Tea Party are the experts at choosing candidates who are 'complete fuck ups'.

I agree that if the Republican Party chooses a candidate that is half decent they will have a good chance at winning but they currently seem almost completely incapable of choosing a candidate who isnt either a member of the old guard or a member of the radical Tea Party.

Also, how can the Republican Party expect to win the Presidency when they are so blatantly divided within their own party?

Sort it out.

Its a pity, then, that the Tea Party faction is so strong within the Republican party. Because the Tea Party are the experts at choosing candidates who are 'complete fuck ups'.

I agree that if the Republican Party chooses a candidate that is half decent they will have a good chance at winning but they currently seem almost completely incapable of choosing a candidate who isnt either a member of the old guard or a member of the radical Tea Party.

Also, how can the Republican Party expect to win the Presidency when they are so blatantly divided within their own party?

Sort it out.

Well that..and from the Jump..without Obama even having done anything..the Republicans were saying they wanted him to fail.

I don't trust a thing coming out of that camp based on that. Add in that President Bush cooked numbers and data like crazy. Not that this hasn't been down before but never so extremely. Add in that the Bush administration illegally put up propaganda as real news. And FOX is basically a pundit channel.

Yes..there is a hard core group of people that would never vote Democrat..much less for Obama..but even in that camp there are people who live in the real world..and people that just don't.

Im sure it will be quite civil.

Like when Repubs went after McCain in S. Carolina?

Exactly! I was for Obama, but if he went after McCain the way Bush did I wouldn't have voted for him.
I actually voted for McCain in that primary, I liked him then, still like him, just think he has forgotten who he is since he ran for President. I also think that he really didn't want to run with Palin. I would have had a lot more respect for him if he had run with any other republican. His advisers told him to go after the women who wanted Hilary. The only problem is, the women who liked Hilary would never like Palin.

werd.

Forum List

Back