trump cuts McCarthy off at the knees with statement about SS and Medicare cuts

Trump is right on this!!! He understands that it will be a blood bath if the house attacks the nations poor and middle class in such away.
Oh how quickly Trump's supporters will get in sync with Trump, over an issue that they've traditionally made into a last stand issue that must never be accepted!

Has there ever been an issue more sacred to the political right than not stealing other people's money (OPM) to support social reform for the working class?

(maybe Trump has only come to understand what side his bread is buttered on now?)

He gives the Dems a big weapon to argue that the MAGA repubs in the House are too extreme. Love it!
A lucid moment. Even Donny is not so far gone as to frivolously play around on the "Third Rail" of American politics and retirees, the most solid demographic age voters in the country.

He gives the Dems a big weapon to argue that the MAGA repubs in the House are too extreme. Love it!

As FORMER President Trump is no longer in government in any capacity, how did Trump 'cut McCarthy off at the knees'?

Trump, a citizen of the US, expressed his opinion, just like so many do on this chat board? So what? I'm not impressed.

Oh, sorry - I forgot you Trump-obsessed snowflakes still GIVE him control / power / importance in your own little TDS-suffering, Trump-obsessed minds. I forgot he lives there to this day rent free, 24/7.

:itsok:

I look at Trump the same way I look at people who endorse candidates, which so many others put stock into and orgasm over - I don't give a damn.

Trump is not in office. He has as much power and influence over people these days AS THEY GIVE HIM.

Trump has an opinion about SS and medicare cuts. Isn't that special - so does my 70+yo aunt, and I could care less, as well. If either one of them gets elected in the future and is in a position to affect SS or Medicare then I might change my mind.

A lucid moment. Even Donny is not so far gone as to frivolously play around on the "Third Rail" of American politics and retirees, the most solid demographic age voters in the country.
I will preface this by saying I believe in fiscal responsibility and EVERYONE who borrows money should make it their mission in life to repay their debts. That being said, I find the left's hypocrisy amusing that they are making hay over an issue they have used in the past especially since they have been saying college borrowers should not pay theirs. Seems we have this happening with every issue in the US today. I sure would like to see the day return when we have adults running the country.

But the MAGA stupid will do it....cause they can.
Do what? The MAGA types can't do anything unless the Senate and dumb-fuk sign off on it, duh.

So all you have now is lying about what they might try to do and make mo' lies for the low info voters.

Worse than the electoral bloodbaths Trump already gave us?
Hell yes. Look at what FL senator Rick Scott said recently about entitlements:

How did these GOP morons get elected? Must live in a very wealthy area....

I don't know but Trump speaks with forked tongue.

You either raise taxes or reduce spending.

Trump lower taxes especially which increased the debt.

He increased spending which increased the debt ( Health care/Pandemic relief/) and finally raising the discretionary spending caps

Still if repubs want to cut social security and Medicare then go for it. Yet the elderly are probably the highest percent of republican voters using age as a factor.

Then they can raise taxes which will make people happy. Rich have that safety net because that inheritance tax new deal will work in their favor. Can't take it with you.

What’s done cannot be undone.”​

Hell yes. Look at what FL senator Rick Scott said recently about entitlements:

How did these GOP morons get elected? Must live in a very wealthy area....
The reason they are elected are simple. Seniors actually believe what they say on the campaign trail and actually believe repubs care about them. They don't....they never will.

Do what? The MAGA types can't do anything unless the Senate and dumb-fuk sign off on it, duh.

So all you have now is lying about what they might try to do and make mo' lies for the low info voters.

repubs hate SS and Medicare. They figure seniors should have planned for old age and not need the programs. repubs have been trying to kill and/or cut them both for years.

The reason they are elected are simple. Seniors actually believe what they say on the campaign trail and actually believe repubs care about them. They don't....they never will.
The democrats had the WH, Senate, and House and did NOT fix any entitlements.
So democrats are no better for seniors.

Seniors probably vote for Republicans because democrats are lawless criminals who are ruining the country.

repubs hate SS and Medicare. They figure seniors should have planned for old age and not need the programs. repubs have been trying to kill and/or cut them both for years.
Yep, I get GOP polls and they keep pushing tax cuts instead of fixing entitlements.

Democrats don't fix entitlements either.

The democrats had the WH, Senate, and House and did NOT fix any entitlements.
So democrats are no better for seniors.

Seniors probably vote for Republicans because democrats are lawless criminals who are ruining the country.
Thinking back a mere 22 years to a time when the country was more unified than I had ever seen it before, it is amazing that we've sunk so far in such a short time.

Forum List

Back