Trump claims he was 'right' all along after Moore election loss

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Serious question: Has this man ever taken personal responsibility for any failure in his life - EVER? Oh well, that was an excellent Donald beatdown yesterday and everyone knows it. :eusa_dance:

President Trump is blaming the cards after being dealt an embarrassment in the Alabama Senate election.

Trump took to Twitter Wednesday morning and said that he had been right all along even though he threw the weight of the Oval Office behind an alleged child predator.

“The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right!” he posted.

“Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!”

It was not immediately clear how Trump believes that the deck was stacked against Moore, who had a healthy lead before repeated allegations of sexual misconduct including molesting a 14-year-old.​

I do remember Trump saying he might have made a "mistake" endorsing Strange, but Moore would be harder to bring across the finish line.
Trump did say that, although not that he couldn't win.

I do remember Trump saying he might have made a "mistake" endorsing Strange, but Moore would be harder to bring across the finish line.
Trump did say that, although not that he couldn't win.

Yeah, Mango Mussolini is always right .. no matter what ;)

Serious question: Has this man ever taken personal responsibility for any failure in his life - EVER? Oh well, that was an excellent Donald beatdown yesterday and everyone knows it. :eusa_dance:

President Trump is blaming the cards after being dealt an embarrassment in the Alabama Senate election.

Trump took to Twitter Wednesday morning and said that he had been right all along even though he threw the weight of the Oval Office behind an alleged child predator.

“The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right!” he posted.

“Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!”

It was not immediately clear how Trump believes that the deck was stacked against Moore, who had a healthy lead before repeated allegations of sexual misconduct including molesting a 14-year-old.​

Laughing! So Trump had it all figured out from the beginning?

Wow. That's an argument spinning at 3000rpm

"Trump should have endorsed Brooks in the primary, but he endorsed Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's pro-amnesty candidate, Luther Strange, on the advice of his son-in-law. Because who knows Alabama politics better than Jared Kushner? (I guess we can scratch the expression, "As goes Kushner, so goes Alabama!") " - Wacky Ann Coulter

Whatever his reason, the endorsement of Moore has stained an already beleaguered President on this issue, and created a definite stain on the GOP and their candidates in 2018. When partisanship over rides the fact that a fellow that was an officer of the court was also an active pedophile at the same time, well, normal people are going to recoil at those that would support such a man. This is a serious wound entirely self inflicted on the President and the GOP.

Forum List

Back