Trump Calls Paul, Huntsman Joke Candidates, May Run As An Independent

In the interview, Trump also labeled Rep. Ron Paul and former ambassador Jon Huntsman as "joke candidates,"...........

And he also said that if he isn't satisfied the GOP is putting up a viable candidate against President Barack Obama, "I would certainly think about running as an independent."

Trump: Romney 'doesn't get the traction' in race - Yahoo! News

I agree with his assessment of the two candidates, because they haven't a chance of being elected, but I disagree that Trump should run as an Independent. If he does, then he wants to see Obamunisn for another 4 years.....

Trump will not run as an independent. He is trying to shake the trees and convince republicans to get their heads out of their asses.

I don't feel there is any real threat from Trump coming on the candidate board. He would be a great asset as a supporter, financially and ideologically. He would even be a good advisor when it comes to working with China. Use this man for the experience he has. That would not include the knowledge and expertise in politics.

Trump won't run, it's just a PR stunt. Is another season of The Apprentice coming up? He just wants folks to watch his show so he's keeping his name in the mix.

Trump won't run, it's just a PR stunt. Is another season of The Apprentice coming up? He just wants folks to watch his show so he's keeping his name in the mix.

You may be right, but as a supporter, I think he is worthy of influencing voters.

Trump IS a clown. His stature with Republicans says volumes about the state of the party.

The more Donald Trump talks, the more I'm convinced he's just playing a part for the Democrat Party.

His TV show sucks too.

How DARE republicans recognize success! It's almost like republicans won't admit that the democrats are right. Trump is a joke, a clown, a moron, stupid, a failure.

No wonder dems get no respeckt!

Ron Paul is declining Trump's reality TV debate out of principle, Huntsman is avoiding because he knows he can't answer the China question. In any case, the fact that we're even discussing Trump moderating a GOP presidential primary debate shows just how far the party has fallen.

Sooo, Huntsman and Paul were right… This is in fact a bad TV show.

Seriously though, what’s the point of going to a “debate” when the moderator outright claims the guy in second place (Paul) shouldn’t even be there? Trump has made his bias clear with Newt as his favorite and if Huntsman is also a joke candidate based off polling why is Risk, Santorum, Michele and even Mitt (being Paul beats Mitt) any better than “joke candidates.”

Ron Paul is declining Trump's reality TV debate out of principle, Huntsman is avoiding because he knows he can't answer the China question. In any case, the fact that we're even discussing Trump moderating a GOP presidential primary debate shows just how far the party has fallen.

Yup. I'm not sure why others are going being Trump said he likes Newt... Also it's funny knowing 2 things. First that they all kissed Trumps ring and secondly that without Paul their ratting were just cut in half or maybe worse lol.

Why on earth would they let Trump moderate when he says he is considering entering the race? Can we say conflict of interest?

For Trump, there is no such thing as bad publicity. If your name is in the news, you are winning. Most people don't remember that this wasn't Trump's first go at president. He's done it in the past and just like this time, he pulled out. He does it because he likes to hear other people say his name. He is now holding a debate to once again promote HIM.....pure and simple. He's the real clown. For each candidate that actually agrees to be in his "debate", I have lost respect for. They are doing it at their own expense so the clown can promote himself and hear his name in the national media again. Every candidate should have said, "thanks, but no thanks". Especially since he is still flirting with the idea of getting back in the race.

I don't know why the cons or anyone for that matter would want his assessment. What has he done for your party except running around trying to get attention. Your own party isn't banging on his door.

Why on earth would they let Trump moderate when he says he is considering entering the race? Can we say conflict of interest?

There is that too... It would be great that at the end of the event Trump takes the spot light and re-announces lol.

Oh my gawdz, then Trump could right there ask Newt to be his VP!

Apparently 2/12/12 will see the premier of the next Celebrity Apprentice.

Clay Aiken, Singer & Actor
Michael Andretti, Indy Driver
Adam Carolla, Celebrity for some reason
Tia Carrere, Actress
Lou Ferigno, The Incredible Hulk
Debbie Gibson
Teresa Giudice, Real Housewife/Fake Celebrity
Victoria Gotti, Dad was a Mob Boss
Arsenio Hall, Comedian
Penn Jillette, Magician
Lisa Lampanelli, Comedienne
Dayana Mendoza, Ms. Venezuela