Trump budget puts paid parental leave in place

Trump Budget's Paid Parental Leave Plan Could Mean Higher State Taxes

AWESOME! Bout damn time the US gets off its ass and gets in line with the rest of the civilized world. 6 weeks isn't enough but its a damn good start. Maybe if we can get some things fixed I won't push my kids to go overseas to live in a SANE society which cares for its citizens.

Ivanka pushed for that, but I doubt anything comes of that. Remember you have to get through republican congress.

AWESOME! Bout damn time the US gets off its ass and gets in line with the rest of the civilized world. 6 weeks isn't enough but its a damn good start. Maybe if we can get some things fixed I won't push my kids to go overseas to live in a SANE society which cares for its citizens.

Ivanka pushed for that, but I doubt anything comes of that. Remember you have to get through republican congress.
Got a point there. Hopefully with this enough democrats will vote for it to make up for any whiny republicans not voting for it.

Examples of SANE societies?
Most of Europe.

Cuts need to be made. We have a damn $20 trillion debt!
Sure do! Lets start with cutting back military numbers,closing ALL foreign military bases,cutting ALL foreign aid off.

The problem is that no one wants to face the reality that the country is broke. They think we can continue to kick the can down the road and ignore the issue.
Means testing is around the corner and no one is brave enough to say it, or face it. To think one paid into social security their entire life, saved, invested, and will receive nothing in return is nothing short of a hidden tax levied against those that work so that a number of people can sit on their ass. Face it,the policies embraced by those on the beltway leaves the country with no other choice.

Forum List

Back