Trump Announcement

Trump has also said that if a business leaves the country, he will make them pay a surcharge of 36 percent to sell their products here.

Guess what? Policies like that in the 1930's are what lengthened the Depression.

Besides..................the only ones who can enact tariffs are the Senate and the Congress.

NOT the president.

Trump has also said that if a business leaves the country, he will make them pay a surcharge of 36 percent to sell their products here.

Guess what? Policies like that in the 1930's are what lengthened the Depression.

Besides..................the only ones who can enact tariffs are the Senate and the Congress.

NOT the president.
Companies are flocking offshore and south of the border. What is your solution? If taxes are lowered and regulations reduced we will see fewer want to leave and many come back.

labor costs is the main reason for businesses to manufacture overseas, not tax rates.

Paying a worker $2 for a 12 hour day's work was enticing and too profitable to pass up...even with duties or tariffs....this is why the mass exodus happened...

labor costs is the main reason for businesses to manufacture overseas, not tax rates.

Paying a worker $2 for a 12 hour day's work was enticing and too profitable to pass up...even with duties or tariffs....this is why the mass exodus happened...
How do you know no company cares about the tax rate? obamacare put a lot of pressure on them too. Many small business are shutting down and they aren't outsourcing labor. Excessive regulations are another reason.

How do you know no company cares about the tax rate? obamacare put a lot of pressure on them too. Many small business are shutting down and they aren't outsourcing labor. Excessive regulations are another reason.
I didn't say no company cares about their tax rate?

I said, the corporations who decided to move their manufacturing overseas, did not do so because of their tax rates here....they moved their manufacturing because of labor rates here vs. over seas.

I didn't say no company cares about their tax rate?

I said, the corporations who decided to move their manufacturing overseas, did not do so because of their tax rates here....they moved their manufacturing because of labor rates here vs. over seas.
You claimed it was labor and ignored every other aspect of doing business here. Making another assertion doesn't support a previous one.

Many people say Trump plans to change the tax code to benefit his wealthy children.
I didn't know the president could change tax codes. Perhaps you are too used to obama?
Trump says he can. Is he lying?
Not if we get to keep a GOP congress.
Like I said, many people say Trump plans to change the tax code to benefit his wealthy children.
Many people say....LOL.

I'm wondering how bad the corporate taxes really are, especially in light of the fact that GE didn't have to pay in any taxes, but rather got 4 MILLION in refunds last year.

Forum List

Back