Trump administration moves to withdraw clean-water rule

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
The Trump administration moved Tuesday to roll back an Obama administration policy that protected more than half the nation's streams from pollution but drew attacks from farmers, fossil fuel companies and property-rights groups as federal overreach.

The 2015 regulation sought to settle a debate over which waterways are covered under the Clean Water Act, which has dragged on for years and remained murky despite two Supreme Court rulings. President Donald Trump issued an executive order in February instructing the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to rescind or revise the Obama rule, which environmentalists say is essential to protecting water for human consumption and wildlife.

Yay! Trump is keeping his promises. Lookee here, he ended more pesky regulations that stop businesses from creating jobs. We don't need water, it's more important that the local mine can dump all it's waste into our water source so we have nothing to drink. Hell, humans don't need no steenking water that's fake science just like climate change. Those liberals need to quit telling us we need to drink water in order to live. That's just not true. After all, Donald Trump says the argument for clean drinking water is just another way those liberals want to increase government. Who is the government to tell me I need to drink water?

The Trump administration moved Tuesday to roll back an Obama administration policy that protected more than half the nation's streams from pollution but drew attacks from farmers, fossil fuel companies and property-rights groups as federal overreach.

The 2015 regulation sought to settle a debate over which waterways are covered under the Clean Water Act, which has dragged on for years and remained murky despite two Supreme Court rulings. President Donald Trump issued an executive order in February instructing the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to rescind or revise the Obama rule, which environmentalists say is essential to protecting water for human consumption and wildlife.

Yay! Trump is keeping his promises. Lookee here, he ended more pesky regulations that stop businesses from creating jobs. We don't need water, it's more important that the local mine can dump all it's waste into our water source so we have nothing to drink. Hell, humans don't need no steenking water that's fake science just like climate change. Those liberals need to quit telling us we need to drink water in order to live. That's just not true. After all, Donald Trump says the argument for clean drinking water is just another way those liberals want to increase government. Who is the government to tell me I need to drink water?

Our water has been fluoridated and is full of big pharma "run off" and God only knows what other chemicals are put in it. What Barrypuppet's 2015 act did was give the federal "gubermint" dominion over all streams, creeks, rills, ditches, brooks...hell, maybe even puddles to assert unilateral federal authority where the Feds can come on a farmer's land and claim that he isn't abiding by the "clean water act" because his cows are drinking out of a stream or brook. I believe that there is a mountain that is being molded out of a molehill. I am more worried about fracking polluting the water and I disagree with Trump's enthusiasm over it. Why are the elites buying up water rights and aquifers? That is the 64,000 dollar question.

Our water has been fluoridated and is full of big pharma "run off" and God only knows what other chemicals are put in it. What Barrypuppet's 2015 act did was give the federal "gubermint" dominion over all streams, creeks, rills, ditches, brooks...hell, maybe even puddles to assert unilateral federal authority where the Feds can come on a farmer's land and claim that he isn't abiding by the "clean water act" because his cows are drinking out of a stream or brook. I believe that there is a mountain that is being molded out of a molehill. I am more worried about fracking polluting the water and I disagree with Trump's enthusiasm over it. Why are the elites buying up water rights and aquifers? That is the 64,000 dollar question.

Yeah whatever.

Yeah whatever.

Yeah whatever.

Really? That is the best you can come up with? I actually agreed with you to a certain extent.

People all over the world drink foul polluted water and only suffer from several handfuls of problems. OK, maybe they suffer from a lot of problems, even a practically unending list of problems, but what makes Americans so special? So, if other folks in other countries can deal with deformed babies and horrible illnesses caused by pollution, why can't Americans?

Yeah whatever.

Yeah whatever.

Really? That is the best you can come up with? I actually agreed with you to a certain extent.

I don't buy all the elites this and elites that stuff. Donald Trump is as elite as it gets. Son who inherted a 500 million dollar business from daddy who owned loads of poperty in the largest city in this nation. You voted for and support him.

People all over the world drink foul polluted water and only suffer from several handfuls of problems. OK, maybe they suffer from a lot of problems, even a practically unending list of problems, but what makes Americans so special? So, if other folks in other countries can deal with deformed babies and horrible illnesses caused by pollution, why can't Americans?

C'mon man. You aren't serious.

Yeah whatever.

Yeah whatever.

I don't buy all the elites this and elites that stuff. Donald Trump is as elite as it gets. Son who inherted a 500 million dollar business from daddy who owned loads of poperty in the largest city in this nation. You voted for and support him.

I do not participate in the elections of this corporate entity that you refer to as your "gubermint" that provides the 19 enumerated services in a "for profit venture" per their corporate charter constitution. I got out from under the UCC-1 by filing the necessary paperwork and I ceased being a de-facto employee of USA.INC........

Yeah whatever.

Yeah whatever.

I do not participate in the elections of this corporate entity that you refer to as your "gubermint" that provides the 19 enumerated services in a "for profit venture" per their corporate charter constitution. I got out from under the UCC-1 by filing the necessary paperwork and I ceased being a de-facto employee of USA.INC........

OHHHHHHKAY.

Yeah whatever.

Yeah whatever.

OHHHHHHKAY.

I know a lot of things, dude.........thousands of hours of reading and research...tossed the tv to the curb 5 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back since. Sometimes I wish I had never ventured down this path but one can't "unlearn" once the scales fall from one's eyes. You see, I don't like being played for a chump and I am extremely competitive. Once I got rid of the greatest propaganda tool ever created? My short term memory issues disappeared and I had a clarity of thought that I never knew existed or was even possible. I have a challenge for you.....go a month with no television and simply read or surf the internet for info and then tell me if you don't feel differently. I bet you will. You are obviously intelligent but you still have blinders on. Just a suggestion among friends.

From your link... and welcome to the USMB...

The regulation was in effect for a short period in 2015 before the appeals court issued a stay. Those legal challenges are still pending.

Response to Tuesday's announcement largely fell down party lines, with congressional Republicans hailing the move.

The rule "would have put backyard ponds, puddles and prairie potholes under Washington's control," said Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. "I applaud the Trump administration for working to remove this indefensible regulation."

The Trump administration's proposed withdrawal will require a 30-day public comment period, after which EPA and the Army Corps would have to consider the reaction and the make a final decision — which likely will draw suits from groups that favor the regulation.

In his executive order, Trump instructed the agencies to redesign the rule in keeping with a 2006 opinion by the late conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. He interpreted federal jurisdiction narrowly, saying only "relatively permanent, standing or continuously flowing" waters or wetlands with a surface connection to navigable waterways are entitled to federal protection.

"Farmers and ranchers across this country are cheering," said Zippy Duvall, president of the American Farm Bureau Federation. He said the Obama rule was "a federal land grab designed to put a straitjacket on farming and private businesses across this nation."

The regulation was in effect for a short period in 2015 before the appeals court issued a stay. Those legal challenges are still pending.

Response to Tuesday's announcement largely fell down party lines, with congressional Republicans hailing the move.

The rule "would have put backyard ponds, puddles and prairie potholes under Washington's control," said Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. "I applaud the Trump administration for working to remove this indefensible regulation."

The Trump administration's proposed withdrawal will require a 30-day public comment period, after which EPA and the Army Corps would have to consider the reaction and the make a final decision — which likely will draw suits from groups that favor the regulation.

In his executive order, Trump instructed the agencies to redesign the rule in keeping with a 2006 opinion by the late conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. He interpreted federal jurisdiction narrowly, saying only "relatively permanent, standing or continuously flowing" waters or wetlands with a surface connection to navigable waterways are entitled to federal protection.

"Farmers and ranchers across this country are cheering," said Zippy Duvall, president of the American Farm Bureau Federation. He said the Obama rule was "a federal land grab designed to put a straitjacket on farming and private businesses across this nation."

Thanks for the validation..........

Thanks for the validation..........

Well, I just read his link, it could be that liberals not only see and hear preferentially, they also read the same way... :razz:

Excellent!

Eliminate this Obama attempt to control all land that ever has a puddle on it for a day or two a year.

/---- Without straw man arguments you'd have nothing to post.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back