Trump: 35% tariff on goods from companies that ship jobs overseas. Bravo!

Trump: 35 Percent Tariff for Companies That Ship Jobs Overseas

==============================================================

It's about time. NAFTA was a mistake that has cost our country dearly. We need to reverse the mistakes of the free traders of the GOP, and sadly, some Democrats too. They've done so much damage. Scrapping TPP is a great start, but going after existing, job-killing trade "deals" is the next step. Sadly, my preferred candidate, Hillary Clinton, had to be dragged kicking and screaming to finally denounce these dubious deals. I'm glad that Trump is speaking out against these "deals". They are rip offs. I didn't vote for him, but I support him on this big time.

Too bad he started off with the stupid Carrier deal. Even the vapid brained Sarah Pallin criticized it. Instead of telling Carrier that they will be heavily taxed for all their imports because NAFTA ain't gonna be law when they complete their Mexican factory, he cuts their taxes by millions of dollars in exchange for just half of the jobs staying in the US. Low Energy! Sad!

According to that article Carrier will have the 35% tariff too. They are a company that is leaving our country for another country, firing its employees, building a new factory or plant in the other country, and then thinks it will sell its product back into the U.S. Just because they were bribed to keep 800 jobs here doesn't mean they aren't doing all those other things.

The tariff will have no positive effects per se but it will keep the national debt from exploding during the repair of infrastructure and the reduction in unneeded/harmful regulation. A hike on the energy taxes will also be needed.

What about companies that have already shipped jobs out of the country? Will they get the tariff too? Is this how his companies and family companies get around the tariff? They are ALREADY made outside the country?

Remember the Sienfeld episode "its NEGOTIATION Jerry".......

That said. We don't have "free trade" now. Try to Fix some big issues and get out of the way. Let us compete.

I am not sure you can Punish to make business stay and hire. Create an environment where they want to be here.

If Trump wants to make America great again, root for him. It is we who stand to gain from his success. Stop hoping he fails. It's like cutting off your nose to spite you face....

Walmart was founded as the "Made in America" store. Let's make stuff again. Good stuff that doesn't break 2 weeks later....

Nothing wrong with making the current system fair for the USA. Trump had the balls to travel to Mexico and tell their Prez NAFTA benefited them more than us. You cant let companies move and bring their goods in tax free....

Capitalism isn't fair. I understand why you right wingers are rejecting it.

It's about time. NAFTA was a mistake that has cost our country dearly. We need to reverse the mistakes of the free traders of the GOP, and sadly, some Democrats too. They've done so much damage. Scrapping TPP is a great start, but going after existing, job-killing trade "deals" is the next step. Sadly, my preferred candidate, Hillary Clinton, had to be dragged kicking and screaming to finally denounce these dubious deals. I'm glad that Trump is speaking out against these "deals". They are rip offs. I didn't vote for him, but I support him on this big time.

Too bad he started off with the stupid Carrier deal. Even the vapid brained Sarah Pallin criticized it. Instead of telling Carrier that they will be heavily taxed for all their imports because NAFTA ain't gonna be law when they complete their Mexican factory, he cuts their taxes by millions of dollars in exchange for just half of the jobs staying in the US. Low Energy! Sad!
Or he will give them massive tax breaks if they only send half their jobs overseas. Which is what the Republicans were doing in the first place.

Trump can't just will tariffs. Show me Paul Ryan say he will tariff. Democrats will go along with that.

Well, if you see in terms of only the letter of the statements made by Trump rather than the spirit of them, you'd have an objection to the Carrier deal.
At the end of the day, who cares how the jobs were kept in the US?.....

Stopping currency manipulation is a tariff, and China isn't going to like it but that's too bad

Companies don't pay tariffs, consumers pay tariffs.
Or if companies can't raise their prices because people won't buy it either they'll come back home or the executives won't get bonus' and shareholders won't max dividends. Boo hoo

Well, not exactly. If consumers find the price objectionable, they will avoid those products.
it isn't as though there are not choices.
Now, the federal government,if it were smart would tax the goods "on the dock" instead of allowing them to be sold to the distributor, then taxing the goods.

Stopping currency manipulation is a tariff, and China isn't going to like it but that's too bad
Better be careful with that.
The economy in China is tenuous at best. If the Yuan is allowed to float on the Currency markets and should the value fall, there would be a rather alarming negative effect on the world's economy.

In the short term yes, but the market will correct itself and companies in the USA will benefit by staying here. Fair trade is good for us and good for workers in foreign countries being taken advantage of

Can you explain how protecting American jobs is going to destroy jobs?

It depends.

Can you explain how government restrictions on free enterprise are going to sustain jobs in the long term?
You answer the OP's question first.
Slapping tariffs on goods made by US companies that have moved manufacturing off shore for the sole purpose of avoiding US labor markets and to hide from taxation will be the ONLY ones to suffer the effects of the tariffs.
Now, if those companies choose to bring their operations back to the US, or scuttle plans to relocate, they don't pay the penalty AND they get to enjoy lower corp taxes and less intrusive regulations which will put them on a more level playing field with overseas competitors.
In any event. both scenarios will help to create new positions here in the US.

Or he will give them massive tax breaks if they only send half their jobs overseas. Which is what the Republicans were doing in the first place.

Trump can't just will tariffs. Show me Paul Ryan say he will tariff. Democrats will go along with that.
HUH?

Simpletons gonna think in simple terms.

It's common sense. It feels so good! Let's do it!!!
----------------------------------------------------------- looks like we and YOU are going to do it LLaugher !!

Yes. I know. We are in this together. Hopefully, the fool will stop tweeting his policy positions. Only simpletons appreciate that shit.
------------------------------------------------------- i like him being on TWITTER although i dpn't follow that stuff but Trump doing it really pizzes of the lefties and the media . If Trump keeps tweeting media will be outa business and looking for work in one of mrobamas newly created but excellent burger flipping jobs LLaugher

I notice that Trump has yet to move his manufacturing of goods back into the USA...

That's why his 35% tariff will never happen. He's full of shit and his stupid followers can't get enough.
Really? Says who? You?....BTW, you've already lost the 2020 election...In fact so much have you libs poisoned the waters, you may have to wait quite some time until your side starts winning back seats.

Forum List

Back