True the vote projects less than half of 1.5+ million walker recall petitions will be

true enough. I do not believe they will actually oust Walker though.

Still,there are those on the left who claim that even if Walker is not ousted, they somehow 'won'. I don't see it. If Walker remains in office, all the left did was waste time and money, and they will have gotten nothing out of it but some bad press. No leadership change... no policy change... nada.

I highly doubt Walker will lose a recall election. As someone who lives here in Wisconsin and has a chance to talk to people about this issue, I can tell you FIRST HAND that people here in Wisconsin are SICK TO TEARS of all the damn PROTESTING and the UNIONS! Of course you will NOT hear this on the LIBERAL LEFTIST news. They want to paint a DIFFERENT picture. I see Walker winning again quite easily. All the unions and UW student activist protests really accomplished here in Wisconsin was piss people off. NO ONE I have EVER spoke to was HAPPY about the way they TRASHED our capitol. That ticked a LOT, a LOT of people off.

Glad to hear this from someone on the ground
Heck, I live here and the local talk shows are so pissed that their vote for governor is being second guessed, it's just digging the entrenchments deeper. I drove by the WEAC office in Appleton, WI last month and you'd swear it was the "Recall Walker" home office. I work in a field related to education and even they aren't happy with WEAC and the greedy fuckers in the union trying to pull an end run, but those who want to recall are the loudest and most obnoxious. Most Walker supporters just look at them as if they're seeing something stuck between their teeth. I really doubt this is going to pan out well for the Unions.

Last edited:
true enough. I do not believe they will actually oust Walker though.

Still,there are those on the left who claim that even if Walker is not ousted, they somehow 'won'. I don't see it. If Walker remains in office, all the left did was waste time and money, and they will have gotten nothing out of it but some bad press. No leadership change... no policy change... nada.

I disagree. Gathering that many signatures in the amount of time allotted is a win whether he gets ousted or not. This recall has already got Wanker rethinking his "methods" and it will certainly make future WI Governors think carefully about how they treat their constituents.

And remember, it isn't just Wanker on the chopping block...

What exactly has he re-thunk, as it were? What is he doing differently? What has he reversed himself on? I can't find anything that indicates he is acting in any way differently than before the recall.

As to how he treated his constituents. He's addressed budget issues, improved the financial picture, and done so without major layoffs.

http://www.wisconsinwatch.org/2011/12/23/scott-walker-regrets-hes-had-a-few/

Union busting turned out to be unpopular...

I disagree. Gathering that many signatures in the amount of time allotted is a win whether he gets ousted or not. This recall has already got Wanker rethinking his "methods" and it will certainly make future WI Governors think carefully about how they treat their constituents.

What exactly has he re-thunk, as it were? What is he doing differently? What has he reversed himself on? I can't find anything that indicates he is acting in any way differently than before the recall.

As to how he treated his constituents. He's addressed budget issues, improved the financial picture, and done so without major layoffs.

Scott Walker: Regrets, he

from your link...

Had he done so, he mused, “Would it have persuaded everybody? No. But the most common complaint I get, which I think is legitimate, is people say … ‘I’m really disappointed you didn’t do a better job of explaining it.’ ”

The action itself was not unpopular. The lack of explanation was unpopular.

Scott Walker: Regrets, he

Not in NE Wisconsin. And to make matters worse, Senate Dems forced out Gogebic Taconite that had planned to build a massive mining complex here. Thousands of union jobs stopped cold because the Dems only want PUBLIC SECTOR UNIONS... not private sector.

So they're trying the spin "Gogebic Taconite picked up it's ball and went home." This is of course far from the truth. The company was agreeing to similar terms if not the same terms for processes used in MN's Iron Range safely for decades. The Dems put in poison pills to make the whole process impossible because they don't want mining in this state even if it deliberately knowingly hurts private sector unions

So, that's a few thousand direct and related jobs lost till the Dems are defeated in the senate, and the one RINO that stopped this from going forward are gone. Then the adults can get back to doing real business in this state instead of playing games with people's lives for ze party.

The dems really shot their dick off on this one.

Forum List

Back