Trouble deleting a file

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
Having trouble deleting a file. When I try to delete it, it says "This is no longer located in:" and gives the directory. Tried renaming the file, same thing.

Then I went through the command prompt to do it, and I can't seem to get the syntax correct. I used a "dir /a /x /p" to get the 8.3 filename, but when I try a "del" function it does not work.

Here, this will help:

Magnet.gif

I figured it out. I wasn't using the entire directory name when trying the del function in the command prompt.

install eraser, right click on file, and hit erase. it securely deletes it as well (meaning no one can ever recover, including forensics companies)

install eraser, right click on file, and hit erase. it securely deletes it as well (meaning no one can ever recover, including forensics companies)

...I'm not trying to hide anything. It was just a file I didn't need anymore.

Now I'm wondering what the fuck kind of stuff you have on your computer. :doubt:

Now I'm wondering what the fuck kind of stuff you have on your computer. :doubt:

well eraser would have deleted the file for you, but an added feature is that it won't be recovered. and I work for a computer foresnsics company. we use eraser on all our computers, on evidence drives after cases are done, etc. we also do secure deletion for clients who need it like hospitals, DRs, law firms, etc. I always recommend it to people who need proper deletion

well eraser would have deleted the file for you, but an added feature is that it won't be recovered. and I work for a computer foresnsics company. we use eraser on all our computers, on evidence drives after cases are done, etc. we also do secure deletion for clients who need it like hospitals, DRs, law firms, etc. I always recommend it to people who need proper deletion

Now if only I could erase certain things from my real memory.
Oh well, there is always alzheimers. :eusa_whistle:

there is always drugs!

there is always drugs!

So far that hasn't worked and neither has alcohol.

Here's my non-recoverable deletion

computer-fire.jpg

search hard drive thermite on you tube. lots of awesome destruction. there is always video of people lining drives up together and blowing them up or shooting at them. Can't find it now, but there was ac ool video of the army digging a ditch, throwing some drives in there, and then blowing them up with some pretty powerful explosives

Forum List

Back