trouble burning pics onto CD-R

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
I'm using xp, select the files from my pictues, selct copy to cd, the files load but when I click to burn them, the CD writibf wizard will not read that a CD-R has been inserted.
Ideas?

Sir Evil said:
First is your media (cd-r) good quality or the quick fix stuff? sometimes the cheapy stuff does'nt get recognized.

What software are you using for this project?
its tdk cd-r

are you referrring to photo editing software?

Sir Evil said:
well thats good media so it should be no problem.

I was referring to what software you are using for burning?

nero---i've deleted it and am reinstalling it now

dilloduck said:
nero---i've deleted it and am reinstalling it now
When i go to cd-rom properties with a new disc in it say no used space OR no free space hmmmmmmmm???

Sir Evil said:
Make sure there is nothing already on the disc, maybe try another one as well to make sure that the disc is not defective.

Also check the manufactures page of the burner to make sure that the media is usable with the model burner.

tried 3 new discs--but it WILL read a cd-rw----make sense to you?

Sir Evil said:
No, none at all! did you try to burn again regardless of this? Not sure of the version of Nero that you use but try different option as in Express or StartSmart if they are available in your version.

It will play an audio cd-r but when I check on the properties it says 0 bytes used 0 bytes available. Seems to be specific to not liking CD-Rs. A wrong setting somewhere maybe?

dilloduck said:
It will play an audio cd-r but when I check on the properties it says 0 bytes used 0 bytes available. Seems to be specific to not liking CD-Rs. A wrong setting somewhere maybe?

nero express seems to be working-----there maybe aconflict with windows media burner and nero. Thanks for the help!!

Forum List

Back