Trick or Treat?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by froggy, Oct 28, 2010.

1. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Will you be tricking or treating this weekend? What are some thing you did in past halloweens. Got any good stories to tell?

2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,849
    halloween will mark 30 yrs .....i met my husband on halloween night....at pb scott's...one time it was one of the largest music halls in the east...damn i feel old...lol

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Several years ago we lived on a busy street with few trick or treaters so we would take the kids to another neighborhood. I would put out a basket of candy on the porch with a note that said "Take two". Every year, the basket would be empty when we returned and we learned that the brat down the street would steal it all. One year, I put the video camera facing out the window and put a note on the basket that said "Take two. And that includes YOU Victor We are watching". (of course the camera was off). We came home and not only was the basket empty, but my nice Halloween basket was gone too. I was furious.

Six months later I got a ransom note (replete with cut out letters from magazine) with a picture of my basket and someone holding a lighter beneath it. It was postmarked from somewhere out west. A few months after that I got a picture of the basket on Space Mountain in Disney World. This went on for a few years.

At a friend's daughter's graduation party, I finally spotted the basket in the their garage. I had no idea it was here. I had been officially "punkd". :lol:

We get hundreds of kids. 5-8 on Saturday I will not be sitting. My husband and I will have to take shifts.

4. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    That was hilarious, chanel!

[​IMG]

5. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Thanks Maddie. I was honestly clueless. When I found out who did it, I told her I should have guessed it was someone with a county job. Only they, have enough time to read magazines and cut out letters" I should know. I did it for about six years. Lol

6. Blagger

Blagger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I always hand-out laxative chocolate to trick or treaters who come the day before or after Halloween. Don't worry, they're nearly always teenagers looking for an easy dime wearing the blandest of masks. Which in my book means that they deserve an early night, spent on the toilet banishing 'demons'.

So, whichever way you look at it, the trick will always be on them.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  7. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,849
    we are too far out to have trick or treaters...i always get a wee bit of candy just in case

8. Blagger

Blagger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    Too cool for trick or treaters strollingbones? I understand. By the way, do you buy the candy incase any hip kids with attitude stroll-up to your house seeking candy, or is it so you have something to chew on after all the weed's run out?

9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I live in a small village with few children and spare street lighting.

Getting to my house requires the kids to walk up a spooky unlit driveway.

The few kids here are just don't come to my house.

Too bad, too, because I like Holloween.

If I had the money and time I'd carve pumpkins to line my driveway so they would know there's treats at the end of the lane.

But even if I did that I'd probably end up putting more pumpkins on the lane than I'd get trick or treaters.

This is one of the shortcomings of living in the demographically oldest oldest town in the demographically oldest state in the union.

10. JW Frogen

JW Frogen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    Halloween is such a wonderful holiday; we don't really do it over here.

It is the one holiday were kids have to act out their creativity to earn a gift.

There is something really beautiful in that scary parade of candy and acting.