Tribal Areas = Hillbillies?

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
I was just watching fox. They had this guy on talking about how the customs of the mountainous tribal areas must be respected to get the support of the indigenous people. And I was just thinking:

In our tribal areas here, we have the FBI go shoot their family or burn down the building. We certainly don't respect their culture. WHy should these Muslim Hillbillies and their eccentricities be allowed to hold up the war on terror?

rtwngAvngr said:
I was just watching fox. They had this guy on talking about how the customs of the mountainous tribal areas must be respected to get the support of the indigenous people. And I was just thinking:

In our tribal areas here, we have the FBI go shoot their family or burn down the building. We certainly don't respect their culture. WHy should these Muslim Hillbillies and their eccentricities be allowed to hold up the war on terror?

The Ballad of Abdul (sung to the tune of the theme song of "The Beverly Hillbillies")

This here's a story about a man named Abdul
A poor Bedouin barely kept his family full
And then one day he was shootin' at some troops
When up through the ground came some bubblin' goop

Oil that is, Baghdad Gold, Tehran Tea

Well, the first thing you know Abdul's a millionaire
Givin' his gold to Bin Laden some where
So he packed up his camels and moved to Bahrain
Now him and Michael Jackson are next of kin.....

KarlMarx said:
The Ballad of Abdul (sung to the tune of the theme song of "The Beverly Hillbillies")

:rotflmao:

RWA, I have to agree with on this one. Some of the Appalachian customs included stretching their babies to make sure they weren't "liver-growed" and refusing to boil their "healthy" spring water so as to kill germs/bacteria. We sent in doctors and missionaries to educate them. We "changed" their culture. Is that really a bad thing? Would it be so wrong for these Middle Eastern cultures? Surely their music, etc. could survive. But other practices, like "owning" wives and female circumcision wouldn't be missed at all.

KarlMarx said:

Awesome, except kin Bahrain and kin don't really rhyme :tng:

• Banned
mom4 said:
RWA, I have to agree with on this one. Some of the Appalachian customs included stretching their babies to make sure they weren't "liver-growed" and refusing to boil their "healthy" spring water so as to kill germs/bacteria. We sent in doctors and missionaries to educate them. We "changed" their culture. Is that really a bad thing? Would it be so wrong for these Middle Eastern cultures? Surely their music, etc. could survive. But other practices, like "owning" wives and female circumcision wouldn't be missed at all.

Totally. I love bluegrass, yet recognize cousin-marrying just ain't good fer ya.

theim said:
Awesome, except kin Bahrain and kin don't really rhyme :tng:
yeah, I know... it needs work... but I composed it while eating breakfast and getting ready for work...

darn... if it weren't for that 9-5 job of mine!!!!

Forum List

Back