Tremendous Tom Cotton jokes that he joined the army to redeem himself after going to law school!

Are you lefties so depraved that you joke about a guy who served as a 2nd Lt. in the 101st Airborne in Iraq?

Those of us that have actually served joke about each other on a regular basis. Just because you aren't invited into the joke doesn't mean it's meant in a mean spirit. Yes, it's dark but where is the fun if it wasn't. The Job is dark so the humor will be dark. You don't get the jokes, fine. You didn't pay the admission to be included.

• Banned
Are you lefties so depraved that you joke about a guy who served as a 2nd Lt. in the 101st Airborne in Iraq?

Those of us that have actually served joke about each other on a regular basis. Just because you aren't invited into the joke doesn't mean it's meant in a mean spirit. Yes, it's dark but where is the fun if it wasn't. The Job is dark so the humor will be dark. You don't get the jokes, fine. You didn't pay the admission to be included.
Thank you for your service.

Very true.

• Banned
Apparently he thinks it's a joke. What's his record on helping vets since he went to Congress?
he wrote a book about vets, out last week. its called Sacred Duty. everytime he gets interviewed now, he tells the interviewer at the end: "thank you for your interest in sacred duty", expecting the interviewer to thank him back for his service!

Apparently he thinks it's a joke. What's his record on helping vets since he went to Congress?
he wrote a book about vets, out last week. its called Sacred Duty. everytime he gets interviewed now, he tells the interviewer at the end: "thank you for your interest in sacred duty", expecting the interviewer to thank him back for his service!
So...he wrote a book....is that helping vets?

Actually, if truth be known, every time someone uses the phrase "thank you for your service" it makes me a little bit uncomfortable and I usually just mumble not letting the other person know that the mumbling is just mumbling and has no meaning at all. You want to see something said that will cause a heart beat skip? Watch the eyes of a Vet when another Vet calls him "Brother". Or when a Squib calls another branch person a "Bunk Mate". For you that do not understand a ship, those bunks are shared by more than one person in shifts. It's more common for a Navy type to call another service member a Ship Mate unless they are extremely close to that person. But we are all brothers and sisters. The phrase "thank your for your service" really doesn't have much of a meaning to someone that has never served and will never be used by anyone that has.

Actually, if truth be known, every time someone uses the phrase "thank you for your service" it makes me a little bit uncomfortable and I usually just mumble not letting the other person know that the mumbling is just mumbling and has no meaning at all. You want to see something said that will cause a heart beat skip? Watch the eyes of a Vet when another Vet calls him "Brother". Or when a Squib calls another branch person a "Bunk Mate". For you that do not understand a ship, those bunks are shared by more than one person in shifts. It's more common for a Navy type to call another service member a Ship Mate unless they are extremely close to that person. But we are all brothers and sisters. The phrase "thank your for your service" really doesn't have much of a meaning to someone that has never served and will never be used by anyone that has.
nothing pleases you freeloading vets!

nothing pleases you freeloading vets!

Just keep working so I can keep getting my retirement pay. Don't ever stop. I appreciate your continue employment and paying in those taxes much more than you do me protecting your right to work and pay those taxes.

Pretty solid. Bills to help vets with funeral costs, education assistance, lots of work to support military funding. The VALOR act for helping vets in the workforce. Don't care for a lot of his political beliefs but that side has been strong.

It's funny about the cat. Had a guy in our division try and adopt one. Dumbass but hilarious story.

Forum List

Back