Travelling over UK

Igrok_

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2014
Just need an advice: what would you suggest to visit in this country? Have been here for week and will be for another three.
Liverpool is a good place (visited) - beatiful with magnificent temples in old style, and one (catholic) looks modern.
Next day we will be heading to London for two days, then plan to visit Manchester, maybe Chester, Birmingham - your advices will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Stonehenge

Bath, (aptly named)

Windsor Castle, (take the tour if possible)

If you happen to go thru Maidenhead, say hi to my ex-girlfriend. ( Unless she died of old age by now)

Also, you should be vigilant and take precautions in public places, avoid crowded areas and use extra caution during religious holidays and at large events.

Not wanting to be negative but..... better be careful when travelling to Eurabia.

If using an ATM, especially near touristy spots, make sure there is not a card-swiper on the machine. If you see any glue or puddy around the part you put your card into or can tug on it and it comes off, run like hell.

Also, you should be vigilant and take precautions in public places, avoid crowded areas and use extra caution during religious holidays and at large events.

Not wanting to be negative but..... better be careful when travelling to Eurabia.
Despite the expectations i have not seen many arabic people here. Saw some Indians, others look like true englishmen (a lot of ginger and freckles).

Despite the expectations i have not seen many arabic people here. Saw some Indians, others look like true englishmen (a lot of ginger and freckles).

Lucky you, others have been less lucky. :(

Just need an advice: what would you suggest to visit in this country? Have been here for week and will be for another three.
Liverpool is a good place (visited) - beatiful with magnificent temples in old style, and one (catholic) looks modern.
Next day we will be heading to London for two days, then plan to visit Manchester, maybe Chester, Birmingham - your advices will be appreciated.

Stirling Castle and the Wallace memorial there. The Imperial War museum and the RAF museum at Hendon. The Shuttleworth Collection. The British Museum is pretty good too.

I could spend a lifetime in the British Museum.

Second favorite place would be Stonehenge.

Third would be Whitechapel where Jack The Ripper murdered all those unfortunate hookers.

You're thinking of Whitechaple.

Lucky you, others have been less lucky. :(
In that case I've also been lucky...several times...

They drive on the wrong side of the road over there. Practice driving on the wrong side of the road with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car is what I suggest.

The Ace Cafe in London.
In fact a walk from the Houses of Parliament to the London Bridge and back along the other side of the Thames is a pleasant stroll.

Lakes District...specifically Coniston.
There's a lovely wee 700 year old pub there called, I think, The Sun or something similar.

The Ace Cafe in London.
In fact a walk from the Houses of Parliament to the London Bridge and back along the other side of the Thames is a pleasant stroll.

There are loads of nice restaurants along the stretch of the Thames in front of the Marriott County Hall as well.

Lakes District...specifically Coniston.
There's a lovely wee 700 year old pub there called, I think, The Sun or something similar.

Have to go to the Black Swan pub up in the North York Moors as well. The dart board is over 300 years old.

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

Forum List

Back