Top U.S. Military Officer’s Defense of Critical Race Theory to Understand ‘White Rage’ Stokes Controversy

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The top U.S. military officer in the United States and President Joe Biden’s military adviser, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark Milley is stoking controversy on the right and left after he defended studying critical race theory as a way to understand “white rage” during a House hearing on Wednesday.

Milley, asked to respond to Republican lawmakers’ criticism of critical race theory being taught in the military, caused shock waves throughout the political world that were still reverberating the next day, when he defended it and tied “white rage” to the January 6 Capitol riot.

He said:

I’ll obviously have to get much smarter on whatever the theory is. But, I do think it’s important actually for those of us in uniform to be open minded and be widely read and the United States Military Academy is a university and it is important that we train and we understand– and I want to understand white rage and I’m white, and I want to understand it.

So, what is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America? What caused that? I want to find that out. I want to maintain an open mind here and I do want to analyze it. It’s important that we understand that because our soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, and guardians, they come from the American people. So, it is important that the leaders, now and in the future, do understand it.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

---------------

A more productive endeavor for Milley and his fellow travelers would be looking in the mirror and attempting to understand white / collective guilt, and hopefully recognizing its irrationality.

What I find so enraging about the Joint Chiefs’s pandering on progressive wokeness is that they know damn well the geography and politics of who dies in American wars. The conservative Americans you trash are disproportionately bleeding for this country.

What I find so enraging about the Joint Chiefs’s pandering on progressive wokeness is that they know damn well the geography and politics of who dies in American wars. The conservative Americans you trash are disproportionately bleeding for this country.

I would never say that, as I have served with quite a lot of "Liberals" in my years in the military.

However, even then, they tend to be the more "Conservative" members of the Democratic Party. Not the far Looney Tunes and Granola segment that seems to be leading it in recent years. Much closer to John Glen than AOC.

Forum List

Back