Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack, US security team members claim

Hmm I spent 20 years in the military and I know for a fact that jets could have been there with plenty of time to spare. Gates is lying.

you spent 20 in taking orders from men like Gates who relayed orders to your EO ... if you weren't full of crap you should and would know better, right RON ?

and these morons can't figure out how they lose elections.

And you morons cant see that you're running the country into the ground.
So who you gonna blame when that happens?

Oddly enough, the real stor(ies), are that:

A. For the first time in history, a Presidential Candidate, put the blame on his opponent during an attack on this country by a foreign entity. After initially condemning Mitt Romney, folks like John McCain, changed their narrative after getting their marching orders from FOX and the Tea Party.

B. The digging did uncover several things, which the "investigators" (Namely Issa) chose to ignore:
1. The CIA were keeping Militants as prisoners in the consulate.
2. David Petraeus, who was having an affair with his biographer, was the one to disclose that information.

C. It was discovered by the New York Times and the Capture of the leader of the Militants involved that, indeed, a film disparaging the Muslim religion, made by a criminal in the United States, was one of the reasons for the attacks. And that, the state department was correct.

I have my opinions on all that but I've never really cared too much at the same time. All I ever felt deeply passionate about was how unacceptable the security protocols were.

There were some odd things about the event, like, why were there even people in the embassy on 9/11?

I'd like to know why there weren't more security measures in place. Its pretty easy to fortify and defend a place if you do it right. Especially if you have proper egress protocols. That's really all I care about.

I'd like to know why there weren't more security measures in place. Its pretty easy to fortify and defend a place if you do it right. Especially if you have proper egress protocols. That's really all I care about.

It was a diplomatic consulate (Least it was suppose to be), not a military installation.

It was a diplomatic consulate (Least it was suppose to be), not a military installation.

I disagree.

I disagree.

Well, as we found out, the CIA was keeping militants there..so..you have a point.

But at least the "cover story" was that it was a diplomatic consulate.

What the CIA was doing, by the way, violates international law.

There were lackluster security measures in place, including the security measures needed to prevent the site's true purpose from being exposed.

Operations ruined.
Initiatives lost.
Advantages lost.
Intel lost.
Lives lost.
Propaganda created for our enemies.

Heads should roll for such an epic failure. What an embarrASSment! Don't play the war games if you can't handle your cards, Executive Branch! Politics on the matter be damned.

Libya was and still is a chaotic place. It's not easy to secure it at all, a lot less easy then all the embassy attacks that have occurred in the past.

And you morons cant see that you're running the country into the ground.
So who you gonna blame when that happens?

I'm not running anything into the ground. I didn't vote for Obama. More embassy attacks happened before he was elected than after he was elected. You're one of the morons running Benghazi into the ground and ignoring every past attack. I don't BLAME anyone past or present, not even Reagan who was on duty when 220 marines were killed in an embassy attack.

130912-for-those-who-spent-911-focusing-on-the-first-anniversary-of-benghazi.jpg
Difference is not an US Ambassader was killed during Bushes tenure. Obamashitforbrains and his lackeys hillary and rice all lied and did nothing.

Difference is not an US Ambassader was killed during Bushes tenure. Obamashitforbrains and his lackeys hillary and rice all lied and did nothing.

So, if our installations were attacked 9 times in six years, are you saying you would be totally silent after the 3rd attack...the fifth attack...the 8th attack?...and are you saying that you'd be okay with it as long as an Ambassador wasn't killed?

Is that what you're saying?

The simple fact is if these men had been allowed to go when they wanted to no one might have died that night. We will never know that for certain but given what they described when they did finally arrive it seems highly likely that 30 minute delay cost lives.

Hmm I spent 20 years in the military and I know for a fact that jets could have been there with plenty of time to spare. Gates is lying.

And do what?
More than what the liars did. Obama is a compete embarrassment to America. But idiots like him.

Your puzzlement is pretty much what I expected; it's the famous GOP "We're totally out of ideas but we hate him and we want you to also" device. Pretty much the only play you guys got...hate, engender hate, and hate some more.

And do what?
More than what the liars did. Obama is a compete embarrassment to America. But idiots like him.
I'm not so sure that they like him as much as they dislike conservatives.

Amazing..whenever the 2008 and 2012 election is brought up, idiots like you always squawk about "They (McCain and Romney) were not conservative."

The simple fact is if these men had been allowed to go when they wanted to no one might have died that night. We will never know that for certain but given what they described when they did finally arrive it seems highly likely that 30 minute delay cost lives.

The terms "simple fact" and "might have" do not mix well. Would you like to try again?

Forum List

Back