Too Funny! Anti-gay Conservative groups refuse to attend CPAC if gays there.

Well... they are free to attend or not attend.... They can have their stance or preference... just as I would not attend an event where NAMBLA was invited or the Nazi party or various other things... not that being gay attributes to either... but it's a matter of choice for the individual or organization...

Does not mean that this speaks to all conservatives

So all Republicans don't all goose step to the party line no mater what like Democtrats. So?

I guess we are right, you guys have no use for individuality. Thanks for clearing it up.

I guess half right is the best we can get from the left these days. The real story is that some conservative groups refuse to attend if pro-homosexual groups dominate the conservative agenda. How many libs would attend a progressive meeting if pro-lifers attended? It would be in the liberal interest if they paid more attention to their own fragmented party instead of worrying about the republican agenda.

Mainstream Conservatives are generally conceding that they have permanently lost on their anti-gay agenda and are giving up and trying to move on (in keeping with the truism that conservatism is in perpetual retreat and inevitably loses every battle to progress).

The fringe wingnuts will probably fight on, fruitlessly.

You gotta laugh when lefties quote Fascists like Mussolini and turn it into a tirade against capitalism and corporations.

GOProud participated in the last conference, but at the time it was only six months old and few within the movement were familiar with it. This time, the group has once again signed up as a "participating organization," meaning that it will be involved in planning the meetings.

The ACU could not be reached for comment Wednesday because the group has taken the week off for the holidays, according to a voice message at its Washington headquarters.

Jimmy LaSalvia, executive director of GOProud, said he hoped that social conservatives boycotting the event would change their minds and attend.

"It's a very important event, and it's very important for all conservatives to be there, including social conservatives," Mr. LaSalvia said. "Maybe there are single-issue organizations that don't want to be there, but we're glad to be there."

CPAC attendance raises gay issue - Washington Times

Sounds like CPAC is pretty committed to me. They are taking a stand and I respect that.

And people wonder why gays think the Dems give us a better chance of getting equal rights........:eusa_whistle:

We remember them giving back Log Cabin donations too....afraid our money would give them AIDS or something, I guess.

bodecea wrote:

And people wonder why gays think the Dems give us a better chance of getting equal rights........:eusa_whistle:
They DON'T. They don't even have orgs. like L.C.R. and GOProud for us.
We remember them giving back Log Cabin donations too....afraid our money would give them AIDS or something, I guess.
I aint know you're gay, I don't even know if you're a dude or woman, something that should be listed with the rest of our info when we post obviously........

Forum List

Back