Tonsils out at age 14

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Has anyone here has a teen get their tonsils out? Mini-E has to get them taken out, just wondering what to expect for her, since she's a teen.

I had mine taken out at age 6.

can't help you, both mine still have theirs as do i.

i did get tonsillitis as an adult, but they gave me antibiotics for it.

it totally sucked and i wished that i had had them taken out.

ice cream, we're gonna have ice cream! :lol:

Has anyone here has a teen get their tonsils out? Mini-E has to get them taken out, just wondering what to expect for her, since she's a teen.

She can expect to be in bed for at least a week and she will need help with everything. You will have to give her anything and everything that she wants.

Expect a lot of texting.

Whining and complaining is a side-effect of the procedure, so please don't hold it against her.

She can expect to be in bed for at least a week and she will need help with everything. You will have to give her anything and everything that she wants.

Expect a lot of texting.

Whining and complaining is a side-effect of the procedure, so please don't hold it against her.

did you miss the part where she's a teenager?

whining and complaining is part of the basic package when they're healthy. :eusa_shhh:

Expect a lot of texting.

whining and complaining is part of the basic package when they're healthy. :eusa_shhh:

Plus, as a mod here at the USMB, I have to deal with whining and complaining every day anyway, so I'm used to it!

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Expect a lot of texting.

Plus, as a mod here at the USMB, I have to deal with whining and complaining every day anyway, so I'm used to it!

at least teenagers have an excuse

Expect a lot of texting.

Do you see that little "X" in the top left corner of your computer screen?

If you click that and the USMB whining stops.

If you want your teen's whining to stop, you need these:

ear+plugs.jpg

Not to freak you out EZ but my son had them out at 13 and we had problems. Children's Hospital staff told us to give him plenty of fluids and if he didn't feel like eating, that was ok. IT'S NOT OK! He lost several pounds and ended up in the ER choking on blood. Make sure mini-EZ eats. The saliva will keep everything from scabbing over.

Three years later, he still accuses of me of trying to kill him because he snored too loud. I'll never live it down! lol

Back from the doctor, more antibiotics, guess she has to get them out this summer.

IF I didn't have insurance, I would have had to pay $300 for her antibiotics. But instead I had to pay $20 (it's usually $10-don't know why I had to pay $20 but oh well)

Oh, went to Meijers for the meds, so I did some shopping while waiting. This guy walks by with a mullet, Mini E goes, "Look mom, business in the front, party in the back!" :lol: {out of earshot btw}

*That's my girl! :thup:

Back from the doctor, more antibiotics, guess she has to get them out this summer.

IF I didn't have insurance, I would have had to pay $300 for her antibiotics. But instead I had to pay $20 (it's usually $10-don't know why I had to pay $20 but oh well)

Oh, went to Meijers for the meds, so I did some shopping while waiting. This guy walks by with a mullet, Mini E goes, "Look mom, business in the front, party in the back!" :lol: {out of earshot btw}

Even though she has defective tonsils, she sounds a'ight!

Even though she has defective tonsils, she sounds a'ight!

mullets1.jpg

Typical Pats fan who stopped into Meijers to pick up a case of Old M'waukee.

43937542_597d7dc3d9_o.jpg

"I done gots to gets me some beer."

i thought they stopped taking them out? everyone had theirs taken when i was young, but read they were important to have around, even with frequent tonsillitis....are you certain she needs them out? do some research on it ez!

Tonsils...meh

I often wonder what humans did before surgery for removing tonsils? Were there tonsil-related deaths?

I doubt it. But I'm positive there was a lot of painful suffering. Like You, EZ, I had them removed when I was 6, four decades ago.

If my 15 year old slave needed a tonsilecotomy, I'd tell him to wait: Let the Marine Corps pay for it when he's 17.

My daughter had her tonsils out at 18. After surviving her eye surgergy at age 1, I absolutely refused to go to the hospital with her ever again ... so her father had to go with her. It was no prettier with her tonsils than it was with her eyes ... maybe a little worse since they say that tonsil removal at an older age is absolute hell.

My daughter had her tonsils out at 18. After surviving her eye surgergy at age 1, I absolutely refused to go to the hospital with her ever again ... so her father had to go with her. It was no prettier with her tonsils than it was with her eyes ... maybe a little worse since they say that tonsil removal at an older age is absolute hell.

Like Mumps.

Forum List

Back