Toddlers Disappear From Home in Georgia

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Trinity, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Trinity

Trinity VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I hope they find these 2 safely!

Toddlers Disappear From Home in Georgia
    Sunday, April 24, 2005

WARRENTON, Ga. — Authorities resumed searching Sunday for two toddlers who went missing from their Warren County (search) home.

A 2-year-old girl and her 3-year-old-brother were missing as temperatures dipped into the 30s Saturday night.

Lottie Kain told police that her children, Jonah and Nicole Kain, disappeared Saturday evening. She told authorities she couldn't find the children at about 6 p.m.

Law enforcement and search and rescue teams from Warren, McDuffie and Glascock counties, along with a dog team and a Georgia State Patrol helicopter unit, were called in to assist with the search, Wolfe said.

Late Saturday, investigators with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (search) were interviewing the children's parents.

Dive teams were called because several small ponds are near the Kain home.

"We're just concerned," said Tommy Wolfe, Warren County's emergency management agency director.

Nicole was described as 30 inches tall with shoulder-length blond hair. She may have some hair missing in front because of a burn, Wolfe said. She was last seen wearing a purple turtleneck, light-colored blue jeans and purple high-top tennis shoes.

Jonah was described as 40 inches tall with shoulder-length black hair. He was last seen wearing a red and white shirt with a gray collar and the number seven on the back, blue jeans and brown hiking boots, Wolfe said.

Just before midnight, the ground search was called off, but a helicopter continued circling the area. The search resumed Sunday morning.

Warrenton is in east Georgia, about halfway between Milledgeville and Augusta.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,154453,00.html

2. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    More proof some people should never have children.
    How in the hell do you lose a two and three yr old?

I haven't heard anything locally about this, if I do I'll post.

3. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Simple.. You send them off to play, and forget about them, so you can keep doing whatever you were doing that was more important than paying attention to your children. :mad:

4. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    I guess...That is part of the Georgia "outback" lots of rednecks with no sense. But then again, they're everywhere.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Lord knows, I'm not suggesting that kids should be left unattended, but are you all saying that you kept your eyes on your kids every minute of every day from the time they were awake until they went to bed? Until how old?

Did you and your spouse take turns watching them breathe through the night? How did the wash get done? Cooking? Did you get to work?

I'm curious, I was a stay at home mom with the kids' father traveling a lot.

6. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    There are some safety measures to put in place.. Like keeping screen doors locked so they can't get out.. If they're outside, be outside with them, etc. If you're a "normal" parent, it's awfully hard to 'lose' two children...

7. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Pretty much, yes..cept for the breathe through the night...although I did some of that too...Until what age? Haven't stopped yet...teens hate that...

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ok, on that I will agree. The safety measures in all fairness, many 3 years olds can figure how to get around. I know that I got rid of cabinet locks in favor of safe for medicines, when the 3 year old shared the Flintstone vitamins with the 1 year old. She was 'sharing.'

9. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yikes! Well, at least they were Flinstone vitamins, and not something much worse.. I'll fully admit, they keep you running, but it's still hard to just totally lose them.. With most parents, if the kids aren't making noise, they go looking for them within seconds cuz it usually means they're up to no good.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    That's so true. Nothing strikes fear like silence!