To William Joyce

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by 777, Jul 12, 2004.

1. 777

777 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you for a great link!

2. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh God another anti-Semite.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    My sentiments exactly. When I saw this I just thought, "O Lord, who could be thanking WJ for a link?"
    :rolleyes:

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I would and I'm not anti-semitic . Below all the hate william spews lay some truths that Americans apparently don't want to know about and are willing to give Israel a free ride because they are a "democracy" and our "friends". Many are totally ignorant as to the Jewish faith and our politcal relationship with Israel. I can understand why the rants of a bigot would make people immediately discount everything he says but perhaps it's time that people can feel safe enough to question certain things without being called an anti-semite.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    By no means am I an expert, but have a running knowledge of Judaism, having been married to one for a number of years. While he was a shi*, I have found much in Israel to admire. I've noticed that you, whom I respect from posts, disagrees. I read, if not always respond...

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    There are many admirable qualities about Jews and Israel. There are many admirable qualities about America too . Bashing America is called free speech----bashing Israel is called anti-semitism. Double standard or not?

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ok Dillo touche. However, I hear of no quiet on the voice of Israelis to question Sharon, just like here to question the administration. It's not like in Israel they are in lockstep! Perchance we should look at France? Israel press is all over Sharon, like GB on Blair, or USA on Bush.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Agreed--the press here doesn't give us much in the way of Israeli opposition parties and thier platforms but I'm not sure many Americans are interested anyway. It just appears to me though criticizing the US and Bush is a world sport. Almost chic! If one disagrees with Israeli policy in the US, a US CITIZEN dismisses them by calling them a bigot rather than discussing the issue. Americans who are Israeli sympathizers (non-jews) are very often ignorent of the facts and simply leap to the defense of Israel .

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    We agree on the bashing of Bush being world sport, for sure. Blair takes it in GB. Chirac, a bit in GB, but no where else, not even France. Sharon, gets it world wide, but most harshly in Israel. So tell me, how is that a pass? Because US while harsh, not as harsh as Europe? Or Israel? Or because we cover their back in UN? If not us, who?

10. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Actually the preponderance of ignorance lies among those living in totalitarian states without a free press, and with little variation all of these people among these states believe Israel is the root cause of our current conflict in the Middle East.

So actually it's kind of humorous to see other countries call Americans ignorant about the state of affairs surrounding this sole Liberal Democracy in the Middle East. As if someone else has the variety of press and media, let alone the longstanding and widespread and uncensored Internet connectivity we enjoy. I find such accusations rather silly.