Time to Get Out of Afghanistan

OK, Ike. So tell all us pikers here what it is we are supposed to be doing in Afghanistan. Make sure to include all relevant experience as a SF sniper and how you had bin Laden in your cross hairs but couldn't get clearance from the six.

Not very good at deflection either, are you! :lol:

I wouldn't consider responding to the original post to be deflecting.
But obviously you have no idea on this subject. I'd say something beats nothing. And you've got nothing.

:lol: You really are like the proverbial cushion. The one that bears the imprint of the last arse that sat on it. And boy, I can tell a lot of arses have sat on you lately.

What people like you fail to understand is why the coalition forces are there. It's really quite simple. We are there to provide security for the government and people of Afghanistan, whilst at the same time building and training the ANA so that it will eventually be capable of providing its own security. That should be the day we leave.

Now go back to your armchair and pick a subject you know something about. Or, preferably, go forth and multiply.

The government and the ANA are as corrupt or even moreso than the South Vietnamese were back in the day. We could not "fix" the SV leadership. We will not be able to "fix" the Afghanistani leadership. We cannot win the hearts and minds of the Afghani people. It is time to come home.

Not very good at deflection either, are you! :lol:

But obviously you have no idea on this subject. I'd say something beats nothing. And you've got nothing.

:lol: You really are like the proverbial cushion. The one that bears the imprint of the last arse that sat on it. And boy, I can tell a lot of arses have sat on you lately.

What people like you fail to understand is why the coalition forces are there. It's really quite simple. We are there to provide security for the government and people of Afghanistan, whilst at the same time building and training the ANA so that it will eventually be capable of providing its own security. That should be the day we leave.

Now go back to your armchair and pick a subject you know something about. Or, preferably, go forth and multiply.

Wow, what a genius! Did you go to War College to come up with that one?
If the Soviets couldn't accomplish that (remember Najibullah?) what in the hell makes you think we can?
Your statement is a joke. It betrays an incredible ignorance of history as well as the situation on the ground.
Go back to playing Call of Duty.

Wow, what a genius! Did you go to War College to come up with that one?
If the Soviets couldn't accomplish that (remember Najibullah?) what in the hell makes you think we can?
Your statement is a joke. It betrays an incredible ignorance of history as well as the situation on the ground.
Go back to playing Call of Duty.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: My word! That really is a large arse that sat on you! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought with your posts here it was the humor section.

Go ahead. I want to hear you explain how we're going to stabilize the regime from across the ocean when the Soviets couldn't do the same thing from across the border.
Make sure to copy to the humor section while you're at it.

How come you were willing to give Bush Years to fix it yet you are not willing to give Obama even months to do so?

i wasn't ....we shouldn't be there ....we should not have one troop anywhere in the world other than on us soil or in a country that has asked us to be there and is paying the bill to have us there....

further we should not be spending one us tax dollar on anything but us soil and us citizens.....

:( If the Republicans were re-elected and we had another Republican President, they would go "Full Steam Ahead!! and there would never be any hopes for Peace.They love to fight!!! now, we have a Democrat in office, and we are a Sinking Ship!!!. I never, ever, voted for Bush, not the first term or the second term, but i did vote for Obama, now i regret it, cause he is tasting the same blood as the past president did, and i thought the Democrats were against this whole war mess,HUH!!!RIGHT!!!NOT!!!. Those 2 parties are alike and the War Vampire bit them both. Obama said, that within 18 months of his election, all Troops would be pulled from Iraq. Now they are fusing about training these people, so they could take over.HUH!!!Are we their babysitters? and protectors? Next month, my second oldest son is going to be deployed to Afghanistan for the 2nd time, with his unit from Fort Lewis.We are in it for keeps, and that's not right. Obama and Bush are so full of crap, it is leaking out of their ears.:cuckoo:

THREAD RESURRECTION!!!!

I say we "Declare Victory!", throw a party, and bring our boys home.

We need to close every base in Europe on the way out and sell the land to pay off the national debt. Those countries can afford to pay for their own defense and it is high time they did. Why are we still in Germany? Or Italy? Spain? France? Or Norway? In Europe, there are 116,000 US military personnel including 75,000 who are stationed in Germany. Bring them home too...

Last edited:
Because Republicans have to disagree with Democrats on everything.
Not so much with what they do, but with how they do it. Biden's abandonment created a clusterf--k that needlessly killed American soldiers, Afghani allies and sentence thousands of remaining Afghans to death.

After the Taliban ignored the conditions of the agreement that brainless Joe Biden claimed he had no option to put aside, he not only withdrew our forces prior to evacuating Americans and allies, he abandoned the most strategically located base (Bagram) and left $85 BILLION worth of sophisticated weaponry behind.

On a recently disclosed phone call record, the Liar in Chief had with the corrupt President Ashraf Ghani, Biden pressured Ghani to lie publicly about the dire conditions that developed immediately after he announced a total withdrawal.

Joseph Robinette Biden is not worthy of his current position or any other position in our government. Biden is a traitor.

Not so much with what they do, but with how they do it. Biden's abandonment created a clusterf--k that needlessly killed American soldiers, Afghani allies and sentence thousands of remaining Afghans to death.

After the Taliban ignored the conditions of the agreement that brainless Joe Biden claimed he had no option to put aside, he not only withdrew our forces prior to evacuating Americans and allies, he abandoned the most strategically located base (Bagram) and left $85 BILLION worth of sophisticated weaponry behind.

On a recently disclosed phone call record, the Liar in Chief had with the corrupt President Ashraf Ghani, Biden pressured Ghani to lie publicly about the dire conditions that developed immediately after he announced a total withdrawal.

Joseph Robinette Biden is not worthy of his current position or any other position in our government. Biden is a traitor.
This was an utter failure of military intelligence.

If the idiots in charge of training Afghan troops didn't realize they were fucking cowards who wouldn't fight then that's where the blame lies. No matter who wars resident the result would have been the same.

Colin posted in 2009:

Much as I would be among the first to see the withdrawal of ALL our troops - having a family member about to deploy there yet again - the situation is not that cut and dried.

I see so many platitudes of puffery written by journalists who know not what they talk about. This appears to be yet another example.

The objective is to provide security for the Afghanistan government while we build and train their own forces to take over the role of security. Remove all the troops and the opportunity to train an Afghan army and security forces is removed. The country would simply fall back into Taliban oppression and the lives of those who made the ultimate sacrifice would have been wasted.

This was an utter failure of military intelligence.

If the idiots in charge of training Afghan troops didn't realize they were fucking cowards who wouldn't fight then that's where the blame lies. No matter who wars resident the result would have been the same.
...except that Trump would never have abandoned Bagram before getting American citizens and Afghani allies (and service dogs) out.

Biden totally screwed up. He is the most inept, incompetent, unqualified president of my lifetime.

...except that Trump would never have abandoned Bagram before getting American citizens and Afghani allies (and service dogs) out.

Biden totally screwed up. He is the most inept, incompetent, unqualified president of my lifetime.
Impossible to know

Impossible to know
The fact that he effectively cancalled the deal and maintained enough forces to keep the Taliban from attacking suggests otherwise. The Taliban didn't start their takeover of Afghanistan until the pussy Joe Biden showed up.

The fact that he effectively cancalled the deal and maintained enough forces to keep the Taliban from attacking suggests otherwise. The Taliban didn't start their takeover of Afghanistan until the pussy Joe Biden showed up.
Meaningless. The Afghan army that we supposedly trained still would have gone belly up as soon as we started pulling out

Meaningless. The Afghan army that we supposedly trained still would have gone belly up as soon as we started pulling out
Not meaningless. Trump most likely would have not announced a firm date before offering all American citizens and other Afghan allies an opportunity to leave first. He also would not have reduced our air support for the Afghani Army by abandoning Bagram. He also would have taken the Afghani interpreters that aided our troops (and the service dogs) out with the troops.

The advance of the Taliban would have been a slow crawl at best.

Biden fucked up royally.

Obama was entirely correct when he said:

Not meaningless. Trump most likely would have not announced a firm date before offering all American citizens and other Afghan allies an opportunity to leave first. He also would not have reduced our air support for the Afghani Army by abandoning Bagram. He also would have taken the Afghani interpreters that aided our troops (and the service dogs) out with the troops.

The advance of the Taliban would have been a slow crawl at best.

Biden fucked up royally.

Obama was entirely correct when he said:

You're doing nothing but speculating.

Forum List

Back