Time To Focus On Boys

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Links at site.

http://www.goactablog.org/blog/archives/2005/09/#a000077

2. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Oppression of women in higher education? HA! I've been encouraged to pretty much suppress anything masculine about myself in the classroom since elementary.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I wonder if parents are going to notice what is happening statistically? Education departments are totally able to ignor this kind of study. There will be little or no effort to follow up on it. That will have to come from sociology or psychology. Interesting though.

4. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Men are no longer permitted to act like men in this society. The boys grow up not knowing how to behave. No surprise they are floundering.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Agreed-----over the years the feminist and civil rights movements with the help of lawyers and societal pressures have succeeded in handicapping white males to the point where they feel that there is no point in competing. When less qualified people are given "legal" advantages, what's the point?
    They are still being forced to pay for the so called "sins of thier fathers" and raised by mothers to be submissive and dependent.

While many mothers have not fallen for the "emasculate your son" mantra, way too many have.

6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

'my' boy will be different.

:)

:2guns:

7. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Yeah, it's bad. I'm just glad I stayed in touch with my masculinity. It's funny, really. So many guys act like girls, being all sensitive and soft and whatnot, then wonder why it's guys like me that have an easier time with girls. I'll tell you why. It's because there's only one type of girl that's going to like a guy who's girlish, and that's a closet lesbian. Girls like *guys*, not girls with male parts.

8. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    That is a startling statistic.

When Laura Bush announced her agenda for the second term was to focus on the boys in this country (many of whom who she felt were being shortchanged and were in crisis), libs on MB's were all but calling her a moron. How dare anyone take the spotlight off of girls? You know, it's just to anti-PC for them to even contemplate.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I have sons and a daughter, I want them all to get as much education as they can. I expect the schools to hold them to fair standards, taking into account individual needs as much as possible, (which is NEVER as much as parents think the schools should).

I do think the schools have done too much to enforce girl behaviors on boys, while at the same time, encouraging girls to become more aggressive. Trust me those with younger kids, more girls are hitting on guys more directly, than vice versa-at least around here.

10. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Maybe we're reverting to a pre-civilization matriarchal system in which females rule the roost. In that case, be gentle with me mama!

Some blame the so-called degeneration of the modern male on the role models that adolescent males are presented with in the media. i.e., Tom Green, the Jackass guys, P Diddy, etc. This stereotypical male character is called a "Moop" by those in the televison industry.

Has anyone ever seen the Frontline documentary, "The Merchants of Cool"?

It's an oldie but a goody.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1