Tidal Green Energy:

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020
From the Depths of Hell
Department of Energy will be investing into the research of how to harness tidal energy from the Oceans 🌊, and this is one idea that might be a good one:

Perhaps the 'Dept of Energy' could describe where it's funding comes from , before we move on?

~S~

So, we're going to cover the Earth with windmills and solar panels, then cover the ocean with tidal units? Yeah, that's really 'green.' Not to mention all the fossil fuel needed to produce this stuff. All for some pie-in-the-sky, as yet non viable 'renewable energy.' This is insane.

So many cool articles coming out about green energy and when technology catches up we might see a shift to the better.

I can see thermal and ocean energy being a better future.

Tidal energy has a lot of promise at least for those places close to the coast. It is not like the tide ever quits moving.

So, we're going to cover the Earth with windmills and solar panels, then cover the ocean with tidal units? Yeah, that's really 'green.' Not to mention all the fossil fuel needed to produce this stuff. All for some pie-in-the-sky, as yet non viable 'renewable energy.' This is insane.

Yet one more luddite on the forum shows themselves.

The article wasn’t discussing Solar and Wind and it is about Tidal Current being harnessed to create energy.

Nowhere in my writings did I proclaim this will eliminate our dependence of fossil fuel but it will extend it before we deplete it.

Sometimes you should take a step back and read the article where it is from and realize the articles are showing possible technology that can compliment fossil fuels.

The article wasn’t discussing Solar and Wind and it is about Tidal Current being harnessed to create energy.

Nowhere in my writings did I proclaim this will eliminate our dependence of fossil fuel but it will extend it before we deplete it.

Sometimes you should take a step back and read the article where it is from and realize the articles are showing possible technology that can compliment fossil fuels.
OK, that was my kneejerk reaction. I think nuclear is a better route and, we don't have to cover large swaths of land and sea. In any case, I don't believe the human-caused 'climate change' myth anyway and I also know we have at least hundreds of years worth of fossil fuel. If we seriously went nuclear energy that fossil fuel would be extended well beyond those hundreds of years.

OK, that was my kneejerk reaction. I think nuclear is a better route and, we don't have to cover large swaths of land and sea. In any case, I don't believe the human-caused 'climate change' myth anyway and I also know we have at least hundreds of years worth of fossil fuel. If we seriously went nuclear energy that fossil fuel would be extended well beyond those hundreds of years.
I agree Nuclear Energy is one route we should focus on but I am liking the Tidal Energy and research more than Wind and Solar.

Solar issue is you need the sun and works fine in certain areas and Wind Is something I am not psych on.

I agree Nuclear Energy is one route we should focus on but I am liking the Tidal Energy and research more than Wind and Solar.

Solar issue is you need the sun and works fine in certain areas and Wind Is something I am not psych on.
Scotland has been working on it for some time now. You do though have to have the right kind of sea. Scotland, using I guess the whole lot has been able to provide sufficient energy for the electricity, though not gas, for all of Scotland for a few years now, though for some reason we tend to sell some to Europe rather than keep it all here. Possibly trying to get future customers. It is definitely one worth pursuing though at the moment I think it is still expensive. Hopefully like the others that will change as it progresses.

Forum List

Back