Thousands rally at Ron Paul convention

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Somebody tell me what the hell this accomplished.

MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota (CNN) -- While Republicans pow-wowed in St. Paul, supporters of Ron Paul threw their own party in neighboring Minneapolis.

"Freedom brings people together," Paul said before a sold-out crowd at Tuesday's Rally for the Republic.

Paul, who said he entered the presidential race reluctantly, told the roaring audience, "I lost my skepticism. I hope you lost your apathy."

As the congressman stepped on stage, red, white and blue confetti fell from the ceiling during a two-minute standing ovation.

Paul said he entered the presidential race not because of what he wanted to do but because of what he did not want to do.

"I did not want to run people's lives, I did not want to run the economy and I did not want to run the world. I didn't have the authority to do it, and I didn't have the Constitution behind me to do it," said Paul, who has served in the House of Representatives for more than 30 years.

Thousands rally at Ron Paul convention - CNN.com

well, we didnt want him to do those things either
finally something i can agree with Ron Paul on

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YglP4clX0A]YouTube - Sarah Palin on Ron Paul and Republican partisanship[/ame]

:D

It was to address his stance on the issues, and a launching pad for his new organization, the Campaign for Liberty. It was also for he and his supporters to have a little fun, I wish I had been there. We need more politicians like Ron Paul in America.

Yes, it's uber-whacko to think that limited government, non-interventionism, and sound money are better alternatives to our current system... :rolleyes:

It was to address his stance on the issues, and a launching pad for his new organization, the Campaign for Liberty. It was also for he and his supporters to have a little fun, I wish I had been there. We need more politicians like Ron Paul in America.

Yes, it's uber-whacko to think that limited government, non-interventionism, and sound money are better alternatives to our current system... :rolleyes:

Still, he would have been welcome at the GOP convention, had he not distanced himself from the party first.

Still, he would have been welcome at the GOP convention, had he not distanced himself from the party first.

He was invited to the Republican convention, but there were too many ridiculous restrictions. He did nothing to distance himself from the party, if anything the party tried to distance itself from him. You'd be surprised at some of the horror stories delegates for Ron Paul had to face at some of these caucuses, especially in Nevada where Ron Paul came in second in the primaries ahead of John McCain. But some Republicans have said it's not right that Dr. Paul hasn't endorsed McCain. But why should Ron Paul endorse somebody that he doesn't agree with on too many important issues?

He was invited to the Republican convention, but there were too many ridiculous restrictions. He did nothing to distance himself from the party, if anything the party tried to distance itself from him. You'd be surprised at some of the horror stories delegates for Ron Paul had to face at some of these caucuses, especially in Nevada where Ron Paul came in second in the primaries ahead of John McCain. But some Republicans have said it's not right that Dr. Paul hasn't endorsed McCain. But why should Ron Paul endorse somebody that he doesn't agree with on too many important issues?

The bold part is him distancing himself. There are always restrictions at a Convention. The party controls the message. He chose not to tow the party line. I'm all for that, but sometimes you have to. That's why you joined the party in the first place. If Paul can't live with that, then he should find a new party.

then he should either form his own party, or join another party more to his liking
and that means for his congressional seat as well

He was a Republican Presidential nominee that beat out the presumptive nominee in two states. He had every right to speak, un-edited, at a convention where the Republican candidate for President was to be chosen. Another problem was that they said his ticket would be at the gate, but that he had to come by himself. He couldn't bring his personal security or anyone from his staff, and that he would have to drop off his ticket after his speech. It's not distancing yourself to refuse to subject yourself to unfair treatment.

But even had he gotten the chance to speak at the RNC he would have still held the Rally for the Republic. It was his chance to cement his ideals, begin his Campaign for Liberty, and have a good time with his supporters.

then he should either form his own party, or join another party more to his liking
and that means for his congressional seat as well

Because he represents the conservative side of the Republican party he should leave the Republican party? I don't see how that makes any sense.

he doesnt represent the conservative side
hes a nutcase

- Limited government
- Sound money
- Non-interventionist foreign policy
- No wasted government spending
- The return of our civil liberties

If these are the policies of a nutcase, then we need more nutcases running our government.

- Limited government
- Sound money

If these are the policies of a nutcase, then we need more nutcases running our government.

I don't have a problem with his politics, hell I like the guy. However, if he is going to call himself a Republican, then he has to tow the party line somewhat or get the party behind him. Obviously the party is not behind him, therefore he acted like a child and took his toys and went home. You said it yourself, he was offered a chance to speak, he declined.

I don't have a problem with his politics, hell I like the guy. However, if he is going to call himself a Republican, then he has to tow the party line somewhat or get the party behind him. Obviously the party is not behind him, therefore he acted like a child and took his toys and went home. You said it yourself, he was offered a chance to speak, he declined.

I fail to see where Dr. Paul "acted like a child." They only within the past few days offered him the chance to speak, when he went to them asking for a chance to speak earlier in the summer he was declined. The short notice, and the ridiculous terms are more than enough reason for anyone to decline.

Perhaps, being a good Republican doesn't mean "towing the party line." Maybe being a good Republican means trying to bring the GOP back to it's roots. The Republican Party used to stand for limited government and not starting pointless wars, now they're more like the Democrats than they are different.

- Limited government
- Sound money

i can agree with a lot of those, only Ron Paul doesnt know what the hell he is talking about

first off, we never have been "non-interventionist" not at any time in our history
and just what "civil Liberties" would he return since we have lost none
and you can forget the money going back to the gold standard, that will NEVER happen and not even the President could make that happen

I fail to see where Dr. Paul "acted like a child." They only within the past few days offered him the chance to speak, when he went to them asking for a chance to speak earlier in the summer he was declined. The short notice, and the ridiculous terms are more than enough reason for anyone to decline.

Perhaps, being a good Republican doesn't mean "towing the party line." Maybe being a good Republican means trying to bring the GOP back to it's roots. The Republican Party used to stand for limited government and not starting pointless wars, now they're more like the Democrats than they are different.
of course you would "fail to see it"
you are so far up his ass, i wonder how he can sit down ;)

(btw, lighten up, its just a joke)

i can agree with a lot of those, only Ron Paul doesnt know what the hell he is talking about

first off, we never have been "non-interventionist" not at any time in our history
and just what "civil Liberties" would he return since we have lost none
and you can forget the money going back to the gold standard, that will NEVER happen and not even the President could make that happen

Not since WW1 at least...

Patriot Act? FISA? Those don't limit our civil liberties?

Unless you can accurately predict the future you can't say it will never happen. But I do agree that it would have been difficult for Dr. Paul to pull that one off if he were to have won the Presidency.

Forum List

Back