Thoughts of an old steelworker.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
In 1962 I was fifteen years old with a shovel in my hand helping my dad bury canned food in our back yard. The Russians, led by Nikita Khrushchev, were erecting missile bases in Cuba just 90 miles from the coast of Florida. John F. Kennedy had presided over the botched Bay of Pigs invasion which American intelligence naively believed would inspire the Cuban people to overthrow Fidel Castro when an invasion force of Cuban exiles financed and trained by the US landed on Cuban shores. It did not go that way.

The invasion plan had little to do with freeing the Cuban people, it was really to protect corrupt US corporate interests that made it impossible for average Cuban citizens to escape poverty. Much like today where Washington is nearly wholly owned by the People’s Republic of China, in those days Cuba was a bonanza for American business interests, and Castro was driven into the arms of the Soviet Union by US capitalist greed and congressional mischief. Of course, it was not presented that way. Washington propaganda went into high gear to protect itself by blaming Castro as a threat to democracy when in truth Castro was a creation of the US government. Castro could have been dealt with much differently but instead Cuba became an unfortunate poster child for Democracy Vs. Communism which was the plan in Washington all along.

The failed Cuban invasion fiasco showed weakness and incompetence to Khrushchev, and he quickly moved to take advantage of the situation. Kennedy’s jack-leg leadership provided Khrushchev with the perfect excuse to paint Cuba as an embattled ally under attack from US imperialistic expansion. So, US intelligence and the Kennedy administration nearly started World War Three with presidential ineptitude eerily comparable to what is happening today. Most boomers remember where they were when they got the news that CIA operative Lee Oswald and others assassinated Kennedy in Texas on November 22, 1963. There was no time to impeach Kennedy, so the government had to act fast.

To be fair, Kennedy inherited the plan from Dwight Eisenhower’s intelligence apparatus, but it was his failure to carry it out competently instead giving it a half-baked effort that walked right into Russia’s wheelhouse. Surveillance photos clearly showed Russian nuclear missiles stacked up in staging areas aimed at the US. US propaganda platforms went into action and Kennedy died a hero’s death after he came remarkably close to ending humanity. Washington then made use of another individual with CIA connections, Jack Ruby, and Oswald was dispatched on live TV just two days later to keep him from implicating US intelligence. But Kennedy is remembered as a great leader because he fit a narrative of young, good-looking example of what was proper and desirable for the people and the people were blinded beyond reason to see it that way even if it meant their adoration could bring about the end of civilization.

How is this relevant? It is relevant because we find ourselves in the same position today. Washington is like a club that fools the people into believing that there is a difference between political parties. The truth is that Washington has no connection at all with average people on any side of its existing power structure. Washington exists for Washington’s sake and nothing else. When the people get hip to this and intuitively reject Washington by choosing an outsider like Donald Trump then the club is threatened. The new danger today is that there is no buffer between Washington and the people consisting of a free press questioning the motives of Washington as there was in the past. The American press has been corroded into a public relations arm of Washington and acts that way.

Expanding technology that gives us Facebook, twitter, and Tik Tok make it possible to empower propaganda in unprecedented ways that join forces with toxically recruited print media weaponizing and manipulating information disguised as legitimate news reporting. This is how an entirely absurd story of Russian Collusion was reported to the people while dissenting opinions were smeared as conspiracy theories and automatically blocked as dangerous Russian disinformation. This is precisely how the former Soviet Union functioned prior to 1989.

Incredibly, many contemporary Americans acted just like those of the past. They fell prey to propaganda that caused them to focus completely on Donald Trump’s form while totally ignoring his function. His function was to supply an alternative to Washington’s sellout of the working population. Washington is willing to risk nuclear war to protect itself and the people need to understand that. Given the extent to which America has been degraded by Washington corruption it is not surprising that it was able to preside over a fraudulent presidential election to remove the outsider that threatened it. It is what replaced the threat that mirrors the Cuban Missile Crisis today. The physics of an atomic bomb blast is the same today as it was in 1962. Readers are encouraged to research the aftermath of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and realize that thermonuclear bombs today dwarf those.

Joe Biden is a mentally disabled figurehead installed by Washington and he has no awareness of what is happening. Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine for the same reason that Nikita Khrushchev put missiles in Cuba. He saw weakness and confusion in an enemy. But there is a difference with a distinction. Putin is being backed into a corner like a wounded bear. He has his finger on a button he could press at any time. One nuclear missile launched purposely or in error could cause the dominoes to fall.

My dad is long gone but I still have that shovel.

Last edited:
Kids today don't know what its like to have nuclear missiles as a real threat.
I remember those nuclear drills in school.
Every time I hear a long fire siren I think about nuclear missiles could be on their way here.

JFK sought peace. He was working to end the Cold War, when powerful interests had him murdered.

If he were in the WH now, this war never would have happened.

Thank God he didn’t support the CIA/Allen Dulles dumb invasion of Cuba.

Every time I hear a long fire siren I think about nuclear missiles could be on their way here.
Those were the days weren't they?

Joe Biden is a mentally disabled figurehead installed by Washington and he has no awareness of what is happening. Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine for the same reason that Nikita Khrushchev put missiles in Cuba. He saw weakness and confusion in an enemy. But there is a difference with a distinction. Putin is being backed into a corner like a wounded bear. He has his finger on a button he could press at any time. One nuclear missile launched purposely or in error could cause the dominoes to fall.
It's quite true Ray, but your lack of understanding has caused you to piss in your own corn flakes.
Consider the facts that have always been known by America on why Kruschev responded with nuclear weapons in Cuba.

Putin's actions are quite similar in that he's reacting to US intended aggression by placing US nuclear weapons in Turkey.

Sometime before you die, you must find the real story on the Cuban missile crisis, and associated facts, and read it.

JFK sought peace. He was working to end the Cold War, when powerful interests had him murdered.

If he were in the WH now, this war never would have happened.

Thank God he didn’t support the CIA/Allen Dulles dumb invasion of Cuba.
Kennedy had choices; he could have said no. He agreed to the plan but did not follow through with the needed support to guarantee success. That was a fatal flaw, and we are lucky it did not lead to the ultimate disaster. Everything he did after that was reactionary damage control.

How is this relevant? It is relevant because we find ourselves in the same position today. Washington is like a club that fools the people into believing that there is a difference between political parties. The truth is that Washington has no connection at all with average people on any side of its existing power structure. Washington exists for Washington’s sake and nothing else. When the people get hip to this and intuitively reject Washington by choosing an outsider like Donald Trump then the club is threatened. The new danger today is that there is no buffer between Washington and the people consisting of a free press questioning the motives of Washington as there was in the past. The American press has been corroded into a public relations arm of Washington and acts that way.
an absolutely BRILLIANT assessment.

In 1962 I was fifteen years old with a shovel in my hand helping my dad bury canned food in our back yard. The Russians, led by Nikita Khrushchev, were erecting missile bases in Cuba just 90 miles from the coast of Florida. John F. Kennedy had presided over the botched Bay of Pigs invasion which American intelligence naively believed would inspire the Cuban people to overthrow Fidel Castro when an invasion force of Cuban exiles financed and trained by the US landed on Cuban shores. It did not go that way.

The invasion plan had little to do with freeing the Cuban people, it was really to protect corrupt US corporate interests that made it impossible for average Cuban citizens to escape poverty. Much like today where Washington is nearly wholly owned by the People’s Republic of China, in those days Cuba was a bonanza for American business interests, and Castro was driven into the arms of the Soviet Union by US capitalist greed and congressional mischief. Of course, it was not presented that way. Washington propaganda went into high gear to protect itself by blaming Castro as a threat to democracy when in truth Castro was a creation of the US government. Castro could have been dealt with much differently but instead Cuba became an unfortunate poster child for Democracy Vs. Communism which was the plan in Washington all along.

The failed Cuban invasion fiasco showed weakness and incompetence to Khrushchev, and he quickly moved to take advantage of the situation. Kennedy’s jack-leg leadership provided Khrushchev with the perfect excuse to paint Cuba as an embattled ally under attack from US imperialistic expansion. So, US intelligence and the Kennedy administration nearly started World War Three with presidential ineptitude eerily comparable to what is happening today. Most boomers remember where they were when they got the news that CIA operative Lee Oswald and others assassinated Kennedy in Texas on November 22, 1963. There was no time to impeach Kennedy, so the government had to act fast.

To be fair, Kennedy inherited the plan from Dwight Eisenhower’s intelligence apparatus, but it was his failure to carry it out competently instead giving it a half-baked effort that walked right into Russia’s wheelhouse. Surveillance photos clearly showed Russian nuclear missiles stacked up in staging areas aimed at the US. US propaganda platforms went into action and Kennedy died a hero’s death after he came remarkably close to ending humanity. Washington then made use of another individual with CIA connections, Jack Ruby, and Oswald was dispatched on live TV just two days later to keep him from implicating US intelligence. But Kennedy is remembered as a great leader because he fit a narrative of young, good-looking example of what was proper and desirable for the people and the people were blinded beyond reason to see it that way even if it meant their adoration could bring about the end of civilization.

Expanding technology that gives us Facebook, twitter, and Tik Tok make it possible to empower propaganda in unprecedented ways that join forces with toxically recruited print media weaponizing and manipulating information disguised as legitimate news reporting. This is how an entirely absurd story of Russian Collusion was reported to the people while dissenting opinions were smeared as conspiracy theories and automatically blocked as dangerous Russian disinformation. This is precisely how the former Soviet Union functioned prior to 1989.

Incredibly, many contemporary Americans acted just like those of the past. They fell prey to propaganda that caused them to focus completely on Donald Trump’s form while totally ignoring his function. His function was to supply an alternative to Washington’s sellout of the working population. Washington is willing to risk nuclear war to protect itself and the people need to understand that. Given the extent to which America has been degraded by Washington corruption it is not surprising that it was able to preside over a fraudulent presidential election to remove the outsider that threatened it. It is what replaced the threat that mirrors the Cuban Missile Crisis today. The physics of an atomic bomb blast is the same today as it was in 1962. Readers are encouraged to research the aftermath of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and realize that thermonuclear bombs today dwarf those.

My dad is long gone but I still have that shovel.

The situations are absolutelly not comparable. JFK gave "you" a free country without being threatened by Russian nukes in Cuba. Even when he had been murdered your power brought you up to the moon. Nothing had been impossible for the USA in this days. And in general is the cold war not comparable with the situation now. The war in the Ukraine - a hot war in Europe - is more comparable with world war 2. The problem is to let it not burn high to a real world war - and on the other side also to help the Ukraine to win this war. If the Ukraine should really lose this war I do not think the world is able to live with this result. So, Russian, try to find a very good and very wise decision. Let the Ukraine win - otherwise you will lose much more.

Last edited:
Kennedy had choices; he could have said no. He agreed to the plan but did not follow through with the needed support to guarantee success. That was a fatal flaw, and we are lucky it did not lead to the ultimate disaster. Everything he did after that was reactionary damage control.
No. He had just assumed the office when the scumbag Dulles tells him of the plan Ike had approved. Dulles says the invasion will be successful, but never says air support or additIonal military support might be required. Dulles lied to JFK and JFK knew it, which is why Dulles got sacked.

JFK unlike all our recent presidents, wanted peace. One of the reasons why they murdered him. The empire demands war.

I remember it a little differently. Avoiding war is usually a good thing. We tend to remember what fits our agenda & not much that doesn't.

Those days of "duck and cover" thinking a small school desk would protect from a nuclear blast. thank goodness the bombs never came

No. He had just assumed the office when the scumbag Dulles tells him of the plan Ike had approved. Dulles says the invasion will be successful, but never says air support or additIonal military support might be required. Dulles lied to JFK and JFK knew it, which is why Dulles got sacked.

JFK unlike all our recent presidents, wanted peace. One of the reasons why they murdered him. The empire demands war.
Kennedy sent US troops to Vietnam. He was also determined to help the South fight off a communist takeover, sending thousands of military advisors and weapons/equipment, and most notably, declined McNamara's recommendation to announce a troop withdrawal by 1965. He was murdered shortly thereafter, so you have no idea what his policy would have been had he lived.

Kennedy sent US troops to Vietnam. He was also determined to help the South fight off a communist takeover, sending thousands of military advisors and weapons/equipment, and most notably, declined McNamara's recommendation to announce a troop withdrawal by 1965. He was murdered shortly thereafter, so you have no idea what his policy would have been had he lived.
Wrong. He made it known once he was re-elected, he was pulling all personnel out of Nam. Yet another reason they murdered him.

Listen to his Peace Speech just a couple months before they killed him.

He was actively but covertly working with Khrushchev to end the Cold War. He planned to eliminate the CIA (how great that would have been), but they killed him first.

Don’t believe the propaganda pushed by the establishment about JFK.

Wahington did not just create Castro, it created Putin-watch:

Kruschev played JFK for the fool he was by getting JFK to sign a 50-year SECRET AGREEMENT to remove our nuclear missiles from Turkey and never invade Cuba. Details were declassified in 2012 if you care to read them.

Putin is doing the same thing to Biden over Ukraine.

Kruschev played JFK for the fool he was by getting JFK to sign a 50-year SECRET AGREEMENT to remove our nuclear missiles from Turkey and never invade Cuba. Details were declassified in 2012 if you care to read them.

Putin is doing the same thing to Biden over Ukraine.
You confuse compromise to avoid war as weakness. That’s dumb. Are you a neocon?

They cancel you; they cancel me; they cancel anyone that does not toe the line of their thinking. Now they think they can cancel Putin. Surely the people of Russia will see that Biden's thinking is superior, and Putin will be cancelled by his own people, right? They keep saying that on our "free" media. We know our media must be free because anyone saying it is not, is cancelled and we never hear them. It is unanimous then that only "approved" speech is free. Putin will never launch nuclear missiles because even he can see the superiority of America's new brand of "free speech". It is settled then-no nuclear war. Nothing to see here folks, move along, right? Putin has apparently met his match and the only people paying the price are far away in Ukraine. All the people supporting America's latest rendition of free speech can sleep soundly, right

Last edited:
Those days of "duck and cover" thinking a small school desk would protect from a nuclear blast. thank goodness the bombs never came

We had "nuclear bomb drills" where we had to hide under our desks. I had read "We of Nakasaki". I remember crawling under my desk in grade 6 thinking this is completely stupid. That desk will be reduced to dust, just like me.

Forum List

Back