This would be too simple

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
Continuing with our series on finding solutions I have just come up with a whopper, so simple it won't even take long to explain.

Most govt. programs are tasked with spending all the money allotted to them. If there is any money left in the til at the end of the fiscal year employees scramble to find ways to spend it in order that their Budget won't be cut the following year. What if the govt and the capitalist system worked together instead of at cross purposes? What if employees were incentivized to not waste tax money? What if they were actually paid for being good stewards of our money?

Every department, and we are talking here about all the way down to the local level, should be allowed to cut any expenditures that are not part of their mission. Five percent of any savings accruing to the department will be split among the employees as bonuses at the end of the year. The employees then have a vested interest in efficient spending, and the people that make this system work the best need to be lauded as heroes. Anyone abusing this new system will be thrown in the slammer and fined the amount they stole.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Continuing with our series on finding solutions I have just come up with a whopper, so simple it won't even take long to explain.

Most govt. programs are tasked with spending all the money allotted to them. If there is any money left in the til at the end of the fiscal year employees scramble to find ways to spend it in order that their Budget won't be cut the following year. What if the govt and the capitalist system worked together instead of at cross purposes? What if employees were incentivized to not waste tax money? What if they were actually paid for being good stewards of our money?

Every department, and we are talking here about all the way down to the local level, should be allowed to cut any expenditures that are not part of their mission. Five percent of any savings accruing to the department will be split among the employees as bonuses at the end of the year. The employees then have a vested interest in efficient spending, and the people that make this system work the best need to be lauded as heroes. Anyone abusing this new system will be thrown in the slammer and fined the amount they stole.

I agree and so would Democrat Joe Manchin. :thup:

Last edited by a moderator:

You're comparing apples and oranges. Departments get their budgets cut because they didn't spend what their directors had budgeted. That means the directors didn't plan properly and that department doesn't need as much money the following year.

The employees not spending as much only increases the possibility of the next fiscal year's budget being reduced. Awarding employees for cost saving measures is great and I don't feel like looking it up but I'm sure it's already in place. In the Navy it could be part of our evaluations.

The only way to trim the fat of government spending is to reduce the size of the bureaucracy and that will never happen.

Ok A I'll give you that Manchin is a good guy and looking for bipartisanship but that is just a fluff piece. He's going to have to show me more results than I've seen so far to make me believe he is going to right the ship

Navy vet I am with you on bureaucracy.

Forum List

Back