This will give you a chill.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by smirkinjesus, Jul 30, 2004.

1. smirkinjesus

smirkinjesus Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Several months before the War started, I read this article in the Seattle Weekly...http://www.seattleweekly.com/features/0310/books-war.php

It contains the following paragraph....

-Asked about the words addressed to him by his fellow sinner-turned-born-again-Christian Karla Faye Tucker just before her execution, Bush repeated them mockingly—"Please . . . don't kill me!" Representing the most powerful one percent of Americans, Bush finds the mortal fear of powerless people hilarious.-

I know the Seattle Weekly is very Liberal. But come on, you can't slant this. The woman is being put to death, and he was mocking her. He is not a stable man, certainly not stable enough to be president.

2. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Seeing htat you are still around making posts is what gives me a chill.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

OK, you've taken us to a book review site, of people bashing Bush. Your point?

4. smirkinjesus

smirkinjesus Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Tucker Carlson was interviewing Bush when he did this. Tucker is the one who reported it.

5. smirkinjesus

smirkinjesus Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Classic! I force you to look at the real Dubya, you don't like what you see, alright, I'll leave you alone now. So go ahead finish me off....but just keep this in the back of your mind when you check that box next to Bush on November 2nd....

--During a 2000 interview with the conservative journalist Tucker Carlson, Bush wickedly mocked Karla Faye Tucker, the only woman to be executed in Texas during the 20th century. When Carlson asked W. how he felt about pleas for Karla Faye's clemency, he pretended to be her on death row, and whimpered, "Please don't kill me."--

I wonder if Pontius Pilate was that funny about state-sanctioned murder?

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

:teeth: In a way, you are almost amusing, but fail. There is no way to check from your link what the heck you are referring to, in the literal or context. On the other hand...never mind.

7. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    The paragraph isolates four words in a book reviewed by someone who calls Molly Ivins "fair-minded." I would like to see a link to the entire interview before I made a fair judgment... or does a far-Left liberal book review constitute a good source to you? :rolleyes:

8. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Actually the Seattle Weekly is considered to have a slightly conservative bend

Travis (seattle native and fairly often (once or twice a month) reader of the Seattle Weekly) Pahl

9. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Lol is this the best you can do? It seems you are in over your head here at USMB, maybe Yahoo is better suited to you. Anyway even if it is true who cares, a murderer was executed, good. If Bush made light of it(which I doubt that this isn't taken out of context knowing liberals) good for him, we need men with balls not more liberal wimps.

10. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    1) I doubt he really did that.

2) Even if he did, she was a murderer anyway.