This one is for the gun grabbers. Explain this.

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
Wyoming has more guns per capita than any other state. They have open carry, and you do not need a permit to carry concealed. Yet the crime rate is 40 percent less than the national average, with some cities well below that. Some of them are among the safest places to live in America. So, if guns are the problem, as you believe, why aren't people being gunned down in the streets?

because its a big state and has a small population? Probably doesnt have much of a gang problem either..

Wyoming has more guns per capita than any other state. They have open carry, and you do not need a permit to carry concealed. Yet the crime rate is 40 percent less than the national average, with some cities well below that. Some of them are among the safest places to live in America. So, if guns are the problem, as you believe, why aren't people being gunned down in the streets?

Ever been to Wyoming? Ever driven across the state? I've been all over that state because I loved riding all through it on a motorcycle when I was younger. And, I can tell you that there are places there where you can drive for up to an hour before you see another person, car, or house. It is VERY sparsely populated out there.

Less people equals less crime.

Guns can only shoot around a mile
Not much to hit in Wyoming

Ignorance is bliss. Honestly, Wyoming may be all spread out, but in the towns the people mostly are in close proximity year round. Wyoming has enough population to have a huge problem with violence. Some places do, just not with guns.

Ignorance is bliss. Honestly, Wyoming may be all spread out, but in the towns the people mostly are in close proximity year round. Wyoming has enough population to have a huge problem with violence. Some places do, just not with guns.

My county in NJ has more people than the entire state of Wyoming
Less than ten percent of the land

Ever been to Wyoming? Ever driven across the state? I've been all over that state because I loved riding all through it on a motorcycle when I was younger. And, I can tell you that there are places there where you can drive for up to an hour before you see another person, car, or house. It is VERY sparsely populated out there.

If the crime is based per capita, how do you explain the difference?

Are you serious with this? We are talking about Wyoming right?

My county in NJ has more people than the entire state of Wyoming
Less than ten percent of the land

For sure. Wyoming would be a trip for you. You would be blasting along at 90 with only antilope for company. Maybe some domestic buffalo. Then all of a sudden you come up on a town. There will likelihood be one huge ass community center, a grocery store maybe a gas station. Bigger towns are the same except big. Trust me, plenty of trouble to get into.

If the crime is based per capita, how do you explain the difference?
In Wyoming, your chances of being the victim of violent crime is 1 in 450. I like those odds.

Because there's like 300 people there each separated by 50 miles.

There are two cities with a population in excess of 60,000. Of the top ten, cities, the smallest is ten thousand. Try again.

There are two cities with a population in excess of 60,000. Of the top ten, cities, the smallest is ten thousand. Try again.
With exception to Alaska, Wyoming has the smallest population density of all states in the USA

List of U.S. states by population density - Wikipedia

The point is, there just isn't a large enough population to have the dynamics that cause more crime like we see in more densely populated areas.

The point is, there just isn't a large enough population to have the dynamics that cause more crime like we see in more densely populated areas.
So, are you admitting that guns aren't the problem? Is that what you're saying?

No butt stain liberals live there?

So, are you admitting that guns aren't the problem? Is that what you're saying?
Did I say they were?
How do you know that the guns are responsible for the lower crime rate?

Forum List

Back