This is not settling quote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by REVxERIK, Oct 7, 2009.

1. REVxERIK

REVxERIK CLASSIC LIBERAL

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
  2. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    In a land where partisanship doesn't exist.
    Ratings:
    +235

That's not fair to the people who voted him into office, whether they are for or against. I don't care which party you belong to. Do your job. LAZY!

3. REVxERIK

REVxERIK CLASSIC LIBERAL

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    yeah, gotta love american senators

4. Setarcos

Setarcos BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    A perfect summation of the Republican platform for the rest of Obama's term, I'm sure./

5. Rinata

Rinata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +971
    This isn't the first time he has said something so incredibly stupid. He also said he is "alarmed" by the proposed closing of the detention camp at Guantanamo. He stated that
    there has never been a case of torture there. That people there are treated better than in the federal prisons. Isn't that special?? :rolleyes:

But not reading the bill, and deciding to just oppose it, is plain nuts. What do his constituents think, I wonder? He is not properly representing them at all.

6. EriktheRed

EriktheRed Eh...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732
    Well, he's just admitting what a good many other Repub congressmembers are thinking.

7. REVxERIK

REVxERIK CLASSIC LIBERAL

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    though he's the only one freely admitting, i doubt he's the only one who is like this, on either side.
    '

8. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Any health care legislation that threatens to Fine or possibly Imprison American Citizens for not having health insurance should be vehemently opposed by all of our politicians. If this is still in this current legislation than there will be no need to read the rest. That's a no-go for me right from the start. Lets hope our politicians end up agreeing with me. Btw,who in our Congress actually reads legislation anymore? This is rampant amongst all of our politicians both Democrat and Republican.

9. REVxERIK

REVxERIK CLASSIC LIBERAL

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    you fail to read his quote properly. if you disagree fine, but when you're elected to represent your constituents you have an obligation to read what you're disagreeing with, and knowing what it is you disagree with.

10. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Are you actually saying that it's only Republicans who do not read Legislation? Man i could go on and on with examples of Democrats who have openly admitted to never reading Legislation. This is a serious problem with both sides. My God,the Democrats wont even agree to allowing 72 hrs. for full reading of Legislation. It looks like they don't want them to read their Legislation. It looks like they just want to ram their boondoggles through. Like i said,if this current health care Legislation still includes Fining and possibly Imprisoning American Citizens for not having health insurance,all of our Politicians should vehemently oppose it. There would be no need to read the rest of the Legislation in my opinion. Hey just my take anyway.