This is News?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Hobbit, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    While listening to stories about Najaf, Bush's troop withdrawal plan, power being restored in Florida, and the Peterson trial, I was shocked and disgusted that a story that made it into this group of top headlines was the dissappearance of Paris Hilton's pet Chiuaua (sp?), Tinkerbell, not long after one of her summer homes got burglurized. Do I really need to know this!? Do I care!? My dog ran off and froze to death last Christmas, and that didn't make headline news. Oh no, the poor little girl who has zillions of dollars had a few things stolen and her dog dissappeared. BIG F-ING DEAL! Thousands are without homes, pets or power in Florida. What about them? It makes me sick that every little thing that happens to somebody halfway famous makes national news.

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Hey Hobbit, we get similarly po'd! I was talking to my monitor a bit ago, is that worse then yelling at my television? I know I'm scarying my dad! :dev3:

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I did find it funny how one news station had teasers talking about, "coming up at 11 pm, Jim McGreevy and Tinkerbell....."

Kinda fit together......

4. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    i heard the dog hated her (there's a shocker-i never met her, and i do too), because it bit her not too long ago, so she put it in psychotherapy...yes, that's right....therapy. If i were the dog, i would have crapped in her slippers, THEN left.

5. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    What I can't figure out is,why does the media think we want to hear this? It's like the Peterson trial. Do we need to hear it everyday,every hour? Give the families some peace.

6. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    LOL!

Remember that cow she bought in one of the "Simple Life 2" episodes, what happened to that one?

7. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

THe dog probably showed the theif where the jewels were in exchange for a free ride downtown. :D